Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tesco have a BOGOF on Nestle Multipacks. So got a bag of Mini Lion Bars and a bag of Mini Milkyway Discs for €3.20.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'm sitting in too Sueme.
    Centra had cadburys bag bogof's so I got some of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

...what's a bogof?

And I am sitting in. We were out last night until 1 am and today I'm just wrecked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BCawley

Xiney wrote: »
    ...what's a bogof?

And I am sitting in. We were out last night until 1 am and today I'm just wrecked.

Buy one get one free.
    First of the fireworks are starting..... only a matter of time before there in someone's letter box.

Back OT, Tesco have 25% of cd's and DVD's aswell, not just Games

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Shopping in Sligo is literally....in one word s**t!! I'm a student in the IT and i'd say i would be speaking for every student in the place! The only places we can shop would be river island, awear & vero moda, so it wudnt be the best place to shop if yr stuck 4 an outfit cos basically, der could be at least 5 others wearing the same thing!! The market is open for any new shops that are thinking about coming to the town.....for the love of god i wish i would!! Thank god at the wkends i can go to dublin shopping!!!

• Advertisement

Shopping in Sligo is literally....in one word s**t!! I'm a student in the IT and i'd say i would be speaking for every student in the place! The only places we can shop would be river island, awear & vero moda, so it wudnt be the best place to shop if yr stuck 4 an outfit cos basically, der could be at least 5 others wearing the same thing!! The market is open for any new shops that are thinking about coming to the town.....for the love of god i wish i would!! Thank god at the wkends i can go to dublin shopping!!!
    But what stores do you expect? We have plenty of name shops - Awear, Vero Moda, River Island, Next, Pull and Bear to name but a few. There was a discussion here recently that we've too many of these shops, and I'd be inclinced to agree.

But I digress.. where were you expecting to buy clothes - Argos? If you're stuck, get yourself and credit card and buy online like me. Cheaper and cheerful! ;)

PS - uhhh.. "txt spk".. surely the IT should be teaching you better than that! ;)
    bobcar61 wrote:
    Also on the note of the building,I walked passed it yesterday and looked in the doorway,there seems to be chandeliers and everything hanging from the ceiling,looks very poshAnybody know whats thats for??
    I went by yesterday and I think it's a new location for the Model Arts Centre.. saw a sign saying "Model: Offsite" or something like that.

It goes without saying that if you shop at the so-called "high street" stores you're not going to get anything different from other people - it's all the same mass (poorly) produced, overpriced crap.

There's less people in Sligo, there's less high street shops. In other towns there are more people, more shops. You're just as likely to run into 5 people in either case wearing the same thing as you, especially if you just bought it, especially if you just bought it in a shop where you can get the same thing in any of their 400 locations throughout the UK and Ireland.

Why do girls need a different top every week for every week's going out anyway? Why not buy something better, a little more classic rather than trendy (read: so garish it will be recognized again and again) and wear it a few times?

And for the love of god. We need to torch Sligo's Penney's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

And for the love of god. We need to torch Sligo's Penney's.
    Ah no, Why?

So they will rebuild it nicely, like the one in Ballina, which actually makes the clothes look appealing rather than appalling.

Penney's has some HORRIBLE stuff - but the simpler items would be fine if I could just get past the multiple racks strewn haphazardly with tie-dye mumus.

Also, the communal change room is like something out of a nightmare. It's not about me baring all, it's about not wanting to see the 23 year old mother of 6's 50 lbs worth of sagging, blue veined and stretch marked breasticle material swinging about. Jesus. Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

So they will rebuild it nicely, like the one in Ballina, which actually makes the clothes look appealing rather than appalling.

Penney's has some HORRIBLE stuff - but the simpler items would be fine if I could just get past the multiple racks strewn haphazardly with tie-dye mumus.

Also, the communal change room is like something out of a nightmare. It's not about me baring all, it's about not wanting to see the 23 year old mother of 6's 50 lbs worth of sagging, blue veined and stretch marked breasticle material swinging about. Jesus. Christ.

That does sound pretty bad Xiney. I know it's just a reference but are there mothers of 23 with 6 kids? I don't know any, but it must be possible.

Penney's in Sligo is vile. Needs a major makeover, hasn't changed in years.

• Advertisement

Re: 23 year old mothers of 6

It's certainly plausible. Don't know if I know of any, I was exaggerating slightly. (though not about the actual visual. That was alllllll real. God help me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

DenMan wrote: »
    That does sound pretty bad Xiney. I know it's just a reference but are there mothers of 23 with 6 kids? I don't know any, but it must be possible.

Penney's in Sligo is vile. Needs a major makeover, hasn't changed in years.

My neighbour is one - Skanger!

basquille wrote: »
    All gaming consoles (Wii, 360, PS3) and games 25% off in Tesco for the day.. good Christmas presents for kids!

It's a nationwide thing, but there was no signs anywhere in the Sligo store. Got a PS3 and Tiger Woods 09 for €329 this morning.. though will more than likely only use it as a BluRay player, though hope I'm wrong.

More than likely Basquille. That's all I use it for.

Big_Mac wrote: »
    My neighbour is one - Skanger!

Bet she has a nice cheque coming in for her every week. Skangers for some reason know their rights. That's about all they know.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 LaughingMatter

basquille wrote: »
    All gaming consoles (Wii, 360, PS3) and games 25% off in Tesco for the day.. good Christmas presents for kids!

It's a nationwide thing, but there was no signs anywhere in the Sligo store.

In Tesco Sligo on Friday, they had some (of all three, I think), on a high shelf near the first floor tills.

The posters say that the 25%-off promo ends today (Sunday).

ah now lads, don't bring words into this. With our luck we'll get people searching for the term showing up from After Hours and that'll create all sorts of work for me :(

The point is, anyway, that Sligo's Penney's should be torn down and rebuilt. Ballina has like, the nicest Penney's in the country. That just seems wrong to me.

Yeah.. it does end today alright.

The Sligo Tesco seems to be one of the only ones with a decent stock of all consoles so don't miss out if you're debating on whether to get one.

Back on topic..

They have absolutely no reason to rebuild Penney's.. they're raking in the money regardless of how it looks.

I'm not a big fan of the clothes in Penneys.. I find the quality on Dunnes clothes a helluva lot better. You may pay a bit more but they last.

Dunnes clothes are definitely better - but I've gotten a couple nice things from Penney's and they can't be beat for vest tops and plain t-shirts, etc.

90% of my work wardrobe is from Dunnes, though.

ah now lads, don't bring words into this. With our luck we'll get people searching for the term showing up from After Hours and that'll create all sorts of work for me :(

The point is, anyway, that Sligo's Penney's should be torn down and rebuilt. Ballina has like, the nicest Penney's in the country. That just seems wrong to me.

Sorry Xiney.

Both Penneys and Tesco here are a shambles, and have been for a very long time. They both happen to be next door to each other and that doesn't help either. I have noticed a lot of people from Sligo go to Heatons in Carrick on Shannon now for their clothes. And oh yes their Tesco is immaculate. Sligo needs to work on theirs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Agree that they need to do Tesco Sligo up. I was in the one in Carrick recently. It is so easy to shop there with big spacious aisles and more easily accessible checkouts.
    The main thing that annoys me about Tesco Sligo is that they never have enough checkouts open. There's always loooong queues.

I've said it about a million times - they should gut the Tesco Arcade and make the whole thing Tesco. Forget about the travel shop, the card shop, the shop shop. There's plenty of empty store fronts for them to move into.

Tesco is too small currently, that's why it's always out of stupidly simple things like cabbage or cucumbers. It simply isn't big enough to get the large shipments the town requires.

Also, it would make shopping in the upstairs easier if you didn't have to exit the downstairs first - for those of us without a car, when we're grocery shopping, and we realise oh crap I needed such and such from upstairs, once we've bought our groceries we can't really go upstairs because we have all these heavy, bulky groceries with nowhere to put them now.

I've said it about a million times - they should gut the Tesco Arcade and make the whole thing Tesco. Forget about the travel shop, the card shop, the shop shop. There's plenty of empty store fronts for them to move into.

Tesco is too small currently, that's why it's always out of stupidly simple things like cabbage or cucumbers. It simply isn't big enough to get the large shipments the town requires.

Also, it would make shopping in the upstairs easier if you didn't have to exit the downstairs first - for those of us without a car, when we're grocery shopping, and we realise oh crap I needed such and such from upstairs, once we've bought our groceries we can't really go upstairs because we have all these heavy, bulky groceries with nowhere to put them now.

I like that, very funny. It needs to be blitzed and started from scratch, this time done properly. There is too many cars coming into the car park as it is. No place to house them all.

I'd say the shopfronts are listed and its most likey too much hassle to redo them all since they are scoffing up so much profit as it is

Texoil are doing home heating oil for 610 for 1000 litres.
    310 for 500 litres.
    The offer runs until Weds.
    Just had some delivered and the driver was so friendly....makes a change from the last company I used.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Desk Lamps Black/Silver/White - €2 Penneys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Tohers Chemists:

Rimmel and No7 make-up ranges - Buy one get second half price.

Free Ej's 10 euro voucher:

http://www.ejgiftvoucher.com/terms.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

Apologies if this is spam but I think this is what the thread is about.

There is a free solid fuel stove being given away to the first customer to Cosy Stoves & Fireplaces in Finisklin at 11am tomorrow Saturday 3rd to start the January Sale.

I am connected to the company hence the starting line.

• Advertisement

posts to inform us of genuine bargains are allowed - we especially appreciate full disclosure :)

Advertisement