Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Looking like 40% off in Zavvi tomorrow..

.. if rumours in the Bargain Alerts forum are to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

basquille wrote: »
    Looking like 40% off in Zavvi tomorrow..

.. if rumours in the Bargain Alerts forum are to go by.

30% off EVERYTHING today anyway, not sure how long is running for, apllies to all marked prices, including all their chart stuff

irish-stew wrote: »
    30% off EVERYTHING today anyway, not sure how long is running for, apllies to all marked prices, including all their chart stuff
    Yeah, others in the country are 40% off. But not Sligo.

I'd expect Zavvi to close in the next fortnight.

Yeah, others in the country are 40% off. But not Sligo.

I'd expect Zavvi to close in the next fortnight.

cheapskates

:D

i was going to ask if they were closing but didn't like to just in case, and still no confirmation of the buy out by virgin

irish-stew wrote: »
    i was going to ask if they were closing but didn't like to just in case, and still no confirmation of the buy out by virgin
    HMV you mean?

They've bought 5 irish stores (http://www.rte.ie/business/2009/0114/zavvi.html) - Dundalk, Dundrum, Liffey Valley, Limerick and Newbridge.

Pretty much set in stone that Sligo (and every other Irish store, bar those 5) is closing.

• Advertisement

HMV you mean?

They've bought 5 irish stores (http://www.rte.ie/business/2009/0114/zavvi.html) - Dundalk, Dundrum, Liffey Valley, Limerick and Newbridge.

Pretty much set in stone that Sligo (and every other Irish store, bar those 5) is closing.

thats the one

:o

sorry, zavvi took over from virgin, my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Free coffee in statoil bundoran road if the cash machine is out of order, which it is 9/10 times, just look to your right when you go in, if its out it says it, fill up and tell the attendant thanks:)

Can't recommend Pet Stop on Pearse Road enough..

If you're a pet owner, you could save a fortune going in there.

For example, we got 22 small (150g) dog food tins by Co-Op for €5. You can get 24 big tins of dog food for a tenner.. great value!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭stevek21

Thanks for your optimism :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

stevek21 wrote: »
    Eh welcome to reality, who is going to buy that place out now in the current financial market? Best bet was HMV but their not looking to take on debt

• Advertisement

stevek21 wrote: »
    Optimism? :confused: That decision by HMV has been put through for 2 weeks now.. optimism went out the window about then.

I'm not happy about it closing.. but like EuskalHerria said, no-one else bar someone like HMV would take over that store. Can just imagine the rent on it alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭stevek21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Here's a thought

HMV don't buy the Zavvi store in Sligo cos they don't want the debt. Store closes, Zavvi move out. HMV then take over the lease and move in debt free

Possibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Will be heading down to Zavvi in an hour or so. Can anybody tell me if they are still doing discounts, hopefully heading in the direction of 40%. Also did anybody pick up any gems? Thanks.

DenMan wrote: »
    Will be heading down to Zavvi in an hour or so. Can anybody tell me if they are still doing discounts, hopefully heading in the direction of 40%. Also did anybody pick up any gems? Thanks.
    Still 30% off as far as I know.. they've loads of stock but it's clearly not shifting at 30%. Everything worthwhile is gone to be honest!

Arklow and Sligo are the only 2 Zavvi's left open in the country.

I'd expect them to close before the weekend is out!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

AFAIK, there getting the stock that couldn't be shifted from the other Irish stores in tomorrow.

Got a Sigur Ros album for 3.50 the other day. Some bargains to be found.

Well I went in with good intentions of buying a good lot this evening. I picked up an album and a key ring and then spent the next 20 minutes aimlessly walking around desperately looking for some good tv dvd's. Alas no joy I'm afraid and I ended up leaving them back as I only had my card and no cash. Will be back to assault any new stock that majestically arrives in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Try tomorrow - they're picking stuff up in Arklow today.

Did the Sligo Zavvi get the extra stock in from Arklow? Any good bargains there this week, specifically relating to DVD/TV Box Sets?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

DenMan wrote: »
    Did the Sligo Zavvi get the extra stock in from Arklow? Any good bargains there this week, specifically relating to DVD/TV Box Sets?

It said they had extra stock in, so they must have got stock from another store...still 30% off....I didn't go in and look though.

• Advertisement

Thank you magnumlady.

Was in there this evening... still mostly muck I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Thought this should go here!

There is a new pet supply store across from the Mercy college on pearse rd.
    It's great value and they seem to have everything!

Only drawback at present would be they don't take laser/cc just yet but other than that it's great!

Got 15kg of Pedigree Chum complete for 28.99 - normally 40 bucks!

Gillie wrote: »

Only drawback at present would be they don't take laser/cc just yet but other than that it's great!

Do they do tins of pedigree chum?...must have a look there.

Yep Val!

Everything from what I can see! Well worth the visit!

Yep Val!

Everything from what I can see! Well worth the visit!

Great thanks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Do the have royal canine or pro plan??

Ah jaysus! I wasn't there that long buddy!

They may have?

Mentioned this in the Bargain Alerts thread a few months back... it's a great store.

Got 22 of small tins of the Co-Op Dog Food (our pup loves it) for a fiver - bargain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I went in today to get a basketball and left with 2 basketballs and the new Barca Home Jersey Youth Size and the Liverpool green jersey kids all for under 50 euro.
    Kids jerseys from 10euro
    Adults from 20
    30% off football boots

some great deals

Advertisement