Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

bennyc wrote: »
    I went in today to get a basketball and left with 2 basketballs and the new Barca Home Jersey Youth Size and the Liverpool green jersey kids all for under 50 euro.
    Kids jerseys from 10euro
    Adults from 20
    30% off football boots

some great deals
    How much for the barca top?

Support the LOI;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Supervalu in Ballisodare have great deals on Easter Eggs.

Buy a Medium Easter Egg for €3.79 I think or buy 3 for €3.50...stocked up on these today(I know it's still only February and Easter isn't till March) Also large eggs are €9.69 each I think but you can buy 2 for €9

Great deals!

I live in Ballisodare and really love this store as we had next to nothing here for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Stood at the front of Zavvi earlier (5-ish) and read the depressing customer notice. Place all locked up and the stock inside completely gone. :(

Popped into Third Wave not long after and their prices have really come down. You will pick up some nice bargains in there now. Helps numb the pain. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tudder

I feel for you!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

How much for the barca top?

Support the LOI;):D
    Barca top was 20 for kids (youth) and 25 for adults, liverpool Man U home from 40 and 25 away. I was in again yesterday getting boots for the young fella, he is size 9 so adult prices, the addidas ones like the preads were 80 in elverys were 60 there with another 30% off so 42euro. Mind you Elverys were cheaper for the Nike Ronaldo boots by 20 euro. So I would still shop around.
    O and I have my Rovers jersey from Jako already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Just want to say what great service I got today in Halfords (a very nice man fitted my bulb) and Harry Corry a very nice lady tried to find me a fluffy cushion (Fozzle?...the cushion wasn't for me by the way:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

magnumlady wrote: »
    Just want to say what great service I got today in Halfords (a very nice man fitted my bulb) and Harry Corry a very nice lady tried to find me a fluffy cushion (Fozzle?...the cushion wasn't for me by the way:rolleyes:)

:D I just posted in Chitchat asking if that was you! Oh, and they have butterfly lights in Homebase if they'll do instead of hearts ;)

In case anyone cares, starting Monday 2nd March, Harry Corry's will be closing at 6pm on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Bleurgh, I can't decide if this is good news or bad.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Ward's pharmacy on O Connell Street had a great offer 2 weeks ago that I missed! All digital cameras were only €100 I heard.

• Advertisement

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Supervalu in Ballisodare have great deals on Easter Eggs.

Buy a Medium Easter Egg for €3.79 I think or buy 3 for €3.50...stocked up on these today(I know it's still only February and Easter isn't till March) Also large eggs are €9.69 each I think but you can buy 2 for €9

Great deals!
    Centra in Gurteen and (I think) Supervalu in Ballymote have this offer on too.

A bit of good news now I suppose.
    Instead of shops closing in Sligo there is now one opening.

I had a customer in on Tuesday evening buying the furniture I think for his new shop.He is French and is setting up a convenience store and a take-away.It wont be a normal takeaway though,I think its going to be pasta dishes and things.
    I walked past it today and its opening next Monday:)

Good to hear a bit of good news after all the bad news of hearing about shops closing down.

Where is it Bobby-bob?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

A bit of good news now I suppose.
    Instead of shops closing in Sligo there is now one opening.

I had a customer in on Tuesday evening buying the furniture I think for his new shop.He is French and is setting up a convenience store and a take-away.It wont be a normal takeaway though,I think its going to be pasta dishes and things.
    I walked past it today and its opening next Monday:)

Good to hear a bit of good news after all the bad news of hearing about shops closing down.

A Frenchman doing pasta? mmm no I will keep my jokes to myself

Oh sorry forgot to say..

Its 11-12 John Street,just passed the 4 Lights and after the hill on the left hand side.
    Opens Monday.

A Frenchman doing pasta? mmm no I will keep my jokes to myself

That's what I was saying to myself when he told me on Tuesday evening.

Oh sorry forgot to say..

Its 11-12 John Street,just passed the 4 Lights and after the hill on the left hand side.
    Opens Monday.

Cool. Well best of luck to him, I hope it goes well. I'll have to pop in next week for a gawk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

Nearly about time we had a sligo french quarter we have the Chez philipe creperie across from the courthouse, temptations patisserie at Quayside, the French market on Tobergal lane and now on John street pity they wern't all grouped together in one area.

I LOVE that French Market,especially all the cakes and buns and things like that:)

fmcc wrote: »
    Nearly about time we had a sligo french quarter we have the Chez philipe creperie across from the courthouse, temptations patisserie at Quayside, the French market on Tobergal lane and now on John street pity they wern't all grouped together in one area.

Yeah then we could make jokes and insult them all at once!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Livster

Xiney wrote: »
    Now for the reason I wanted to create this thread!

Food Experience have locally produced free range chicken breasts normally priced at 9.99 per 1000 g. This is versus over €12 for 800 g at Tesco (they put up the price sometime in February, used to be 10.49 I believe)

Additionally, you may notice that the "Use By" date on the Food Experience chicken is much, much later than that you would find at Tescos or Dunnes - probably because it's fresher to begin with.

Hey There, I couldnt agree with you more. The food experience is really great. They do really good offers on meat much better value than the stuff you get in either dunnes or tesco. I have started shopping there since the finances got a bit poor. Defiantly the quality is better and does last for ages.

I avoided the shop for years. I had a notion that it was really expensive. I was in town with my friend recently and she was in shopping in the food experience. I was so suprised! They also do catering for parties, i hired them recently, they were brill and very reasonable.

Livster wrote: »
    Hey There, I couldnt agree with you more. The food experience is really great. They do really good offers on meat much better value than the stuff you get in either dunnes or tesco. I have started shopping there since the finances got a bit poor. Defiantly the quality is better and does last for ages.

I avoided the shop for years. I had a notion that it was really expensive. I was in town with my friend recently and she was in shopping in the food experience. I was so suprised! They also do catering for parties, i hired them recently, they were brill and very reasonable.

Welcome to the boards! WWhen I was still shopping in sligo I always got my meat there. I avoid bying any meat from supermarkets because it's rank and the same price as the butcher. Lot of butchers stink when you walk in though. Food experiance was the one without smell and good quallity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

A booklet on Takeaways in Sligo came in the post today with some vouchers off Bistro Bianconi. It says it will be delivered to every home.

1. Buy 1 get 1 Free.
    2. Any Pizza e10.
    3. e30 Special - 1 Pizza, 2 Starters, 1 Bottle of Wine.
    4. e40 Family Feast - 2 Pizzas, 2 Garlic Bread, 1 Buffalo Wings, 1x1.25l Coke.

Available 7 days. Valid until 31st May 2009.

They are advertising the Take-Away restaurant, so not sure about the sit-in restuarant, which would be cheap night out.

Tel: 071 914 7000
    www.bistrobianconi.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Wonder if the booklets will reach Dromahair?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Mrs.T wrote: »
    Wonder if the booklets will reach Dromahair?

I'll keep an eye out for an extra one and stick it in the post for you, just in case their not delivering them "off-road". :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

A booklet on Takeaways in Sligo came in the post today with some vouchers off Bistro Bianconi. It says it will be delivered to every home.

1. Buy 1 get 1 Free.
    2. Any Pizza e10.
    3. e30 Special - 1 Pizza, 2 Starters, 1 Bottle of Wine.
    4. e40 Family Feast - 2 Pizzas, 2 Garlic Bread, 1 Buffalo Wings, 1x1.25l Coke.

Available 7 days. Valid until 31st May 2009.

They are advertising the Take-Away restaurant, so not sure about the sit-in restuarant, which would be cheap night out.

Tel: 071 914 7000
    www.bistrobianconi.ie

Thats a great deal alright. The quality of the pizzas are very good too imo. I think they have the offer on the buy one, get one free in the beginning of the week anyway which is very reasonable. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Oh yes and kids are free of a weekend in Lemongrass, says the lunch but I have been in there in the early evening and was the same situ. So may be good to doublecheck. :)
    http://www.lemongrass.ie/The_Restaurants/The_Restaurants/Lemongrass_Sligo.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

Can I get in a real Bargain we are having a free breakfast morning this Friday where we are launching a new inset stove from Mulberry and have someone from them on hand all day to alk about their central heating stoves and solid fuel and oil ranges. We will be having free tea or coffee and a bit of brekkie on us so can't get a better deal than that on breakfast.
    We will obviously have special deals on the day on those products too but drop in and say hello in any case at Cosy Stoves & Fires in Duncans Island Finisklin.
    I am about as connected with Cosy Stoves as you can get for the record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

fmcc wrote: »
    Can I get in a real Bargain we are having a free breakfast morning this Friday where we are launching a new inset stove from Mulberry and have someone from them on hand all day to alk about their central heating stoves and solid fuel and oil ranges. We will be having free tea or coffee and a bit of brekkie on us so can't get a better deal than that on breakfast.
    We will obviously have special deals on the day on those products too but drop in and say hello in any case at Cosy Stoves & Fires in Duncans Island Finisklin.
    I am about as connected with Cosy Stoves as you can get for the record.

Yeah!! Boards breakfast!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Does anybody know if Third wave the only place you can tickets or is there anywhere else that's a ticketmaster in town?

Advertisement