Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Does anybody know if Third wave the only place you can tickets or is there anywhere else that's a ticketmaster in town?

Dunno - can you not buy them online from Ticketmasters of the Universe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

I usually do but the gig is next week so I want to have them before then.
    I know you can click, collect at box office but I never trust that one for some reason!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Yes it is the only place in town where you can get the tickets. I think it's the only thing for him that's keeping the business afloat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

omg Nicola....you're back!! We were so worried. :D

How was the deep fried mars bar? Still haven't gone there myself.

AFAIK Third Wave is the only licenced Ticketmaster outlet in Sligo town. Who's gigging btw?

I usually do but the gig is next week so I want to have them before then.
    I know you can click, collect at box office but I never trust that one for some reason!!

That works fine - I've collected from box offices many a time & never had a problem with it.

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »
    omg Nicola....you're back!! We were so worried. :D

How was the deep fried mars bar? Still haven't gone there myself.

AFAIK Third Wave is the only licenced Ticketmaster outlet in Sligo town. Who's gigging btw?

Haha Hi

Yeah I was gone for ages, I came back a page or two back. Someone else asked me about the mars bar. Yum, by the way.
    I wouldn't eat one all by myself though. Like any mars bar it was very filling but the melted chocolate inside was lovely!

I think I might just pop into town tomorrow then. I haven't been there since October I think? :eek:

<snip>

No Discussion of MCD events please.

Haha Hi

Yeah I was gone for ages, I came back a page or two back. Someone else asked me about the mars bar. Yum, by the way.
    I wouldn't eat one all by myself though. Like any mars bar it was very filling but the melted chocolate inside was lovely!

I think I might just pop into town tomorrow then. I haven't been there since October I think? :eek:

<snip>

No discussion of MCD events please.

I listened to that track. It hurt my head.

I listened to that track. It hurt my head.

HA :D

I love that video though. Lumberjacks!

I stopped after 15 seconds..painful. I sure won't be going.

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I stopped after 15 seconds..painful. I sure won't be going.

Ha yeah I didn't think anyone would like it!! Meh...

• Advertisement

Ha yeah I didn't think anyone would like it!! Meh...

Not anyone over the age of 30 anyway!

Not anyone over the age of 30 anyway!

Or under the age of 20:p

Back on topic,have anymore businesses closed or even opened by any chance.

Heeeeey
    I'm not under 20 and I'm going to it with someone older than me!!

Anyway, I heard Principles is gone. Not that I needed it but I would possibly need it in another 10 years. I hope no other clothes shops go though.

Apparantley the head shops around the country are on the brink of closure. Since the government "wisely" banned BZP party pills the other day, they have been unable to get any stock in from their warehouses which are "under Garda investigation".

The guy who owns the head shop in Sligo also opened one in Castlebar 2 weeks ago, but has nothing to stock it with.

Now to me, banning stuff that keeps a lot of people away from buying street drugs from criminal gangs, has to be a bad thing - especially when you take into account the sh*te that gets put into street drugs in Ireland.

Head shops, like any small business, provide employment, pay taxes & use other local businesses & really cause no-one any harm. Yet Harney is intent on destroying them like she did with magic mushrooms. I mean - who the hell illegalises a fungus?

It's bad enough that growing a certain type of weed carries a prison sentence.

Anyway, I heard Principles is gone. Not that I needed it but I would possibly need it in another 10 years.

Oooh - plate of milk to table 4 please. :D

Was in Dunnes Stores earlier (Wine St) and they had DVD's on display for sale right beside the off licence section. Some for 4 euro, great little bargains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

yeah I seen them, good value but they're pretty old

Good for archiving though.

Centra in Maugheraboy (hope I spelt it right) are doing a half price sale on Rustlers Hotdogs, now only 1.20 euro each. Great bargain. Picked some up earlier today. Also it is true you can get Goodfellas Friday pizzas for 2.50 I believe on a Friday. They are normally 4.79 or thereabouts during the week. Didn't have Meateor though. :( They had loads of the Fajita chicken ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 carebare

Centra in Maugheraboy also have half price on fillet steak at the moment. Not sure if it's still running, I got a full fillet yesterday great value at less than 45 euros!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Dunnes Stores offer: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055549768

Seen in Wine Street.. but it's in Cranmore Dunnes also.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 aine100

We got the €30 Bistro B offer that came in that takeaways book and it was great value. Sometimes there are pizza offers on the tesco receipts also. They used to have great offers for Cafe Bar Deli.

If anyone is interested, have a spare reservation code for Argos for an 8GB USB Key for €9.99 - as seen here!

157-6755517SPA69UC472513X.jpg

It's a bargain and a half.. can be picked anytime between now and closing time tomorrow.

PM me if you want it - GONE!

Who took it, I wanted it:( It's really good value and can never have enough USB keys for college work.

fozzle took it... great value alright!

There was 2 in stock this morning. I reserved one for the next time it was in stock last Monday but got no text this morning to say my reserved one was in stock, so reserved the one in-store but got text about 4pm today that my original one I reserved was in stock.

Anyways.. keep checking stock in Argos as might appear again early next week!

I'm gonna kill her:P

Oh trust me I'm gonna watch the Argos website like a hawk,I want one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Actually it was a close-run thing - had to drop a friend to Shannon yesterday, got caught behind a series of muppets on the way back up so I wasn't gonna be up in time. So I sent a friend down to collect it. I thought they close at 9 on Fridays. They close at 8. Urgh. So Mr. Fozzle went in this morning when they opened and it was still there - win!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

what sligo really needs is an IKEA!!:pac::pac::pac:lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

Hasn't been anything in here for a while. i was in Rennes on John street on saturday and had some yummy pasta then saw you can oreder the same as a takeaway for under a fiver. Thought it was good value and a relativley healthy alternitve to pizza or burgers etc. Not open in the evenings is the only problem but maybe that will change in the future.

No connection to the guy running it other than I know him now after the visit.

• Advertisement

Ah that fella is lovely,his name is Réne. He came into the shop a fair bit before he opened up and came in fairly recently and said business is slow. I have been meaning to go in but I rarely go into town these days.

Advertisement