Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Any fans of Fanta and Sprite and Sprite Zero will be happy to know that Spar is selling 2 litres of the stuff for €1.00

I think Dunnes have the same offer now aswell but don't know for how long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Yep Dunnes have them for 99 cent.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 thecraichead

First post! Hello all...

A deal I noticed and availed of on the weekend..
    If your car drinks oil and you need a quality set of screwdrivers, get yourself down to halfords. Buy 5 litres of oil for €22 (cheaper than petrol stations) and get a nice quality set of screwdrivers worth €29 free..

Hello and welcome. Be sure to read the charter if posting in the future which we hope you do. Another regular would be great.

That's a good deal, do you know how long it's on for?

well... there was a display point with about ten boxes of the screwdrivers on there so maybe only until the stock is gone

• Advertisement

Couple of my friends work there, I can always just ask one of the boys if he is working today and see when it will be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

craichead welcome to our little world!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

Is the the french guy from Rene's not called Emmanuel? When he worked in Instore they called him "man-u" for short?

craichead welcome to our little world!!!

jazyguy wrote: »
    Is the the french guy from Rene's not called Emmanuel? When he worked in Instore they called him "man-u" for short?

Yep your right there, thanks! Réne is his surname not his forename:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Hi Craichead.

Speaking of all things French, has anyone been into Chez Phillipe opposite the Courthouse (in the courtyard)? It's very nice, and Phillipe ihimself is a nice chap (he does a mean Gallic shrug :pac:), he used to get some kitchen supplies from me when I had my shop.

Nice, nice grub!

But, the Bargain Alert is, LIDL, plants - brilliant value if anyone is doing a bit of gardening this week. I've bought lots of plants from them at this stage and they always come on well.

Hi Craichead.

Speaking of all things French, has anyone been into Chez Phillipe opposite the Courthouse (in the courtyard)? It's very nice, and Phillipe ihimself is a nice chap (he does a mean Gallic shrug :pac:), he used to get some kitchen supplies from me when I had my shop.

Nice, nice grub!

But, the Bargain Alert is, LIDL, plants - brilliant value if anyone is doing a bit of gardening this week. I've bought lots of plants from them at this stage and they always come on well.

Oh no is it plants again...last time I went into Lidl and there were plant offers I nearly got killed by several hundred pensioners.....scary stuff. I'm still recovering.

Welcome Craichead:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Welcome to the Sligo Forum Craichead :)

I had been planning on gardening this year but I don't think I will - too expensive :(

Xiney wrote: »
    Welcome to the Sligo Forum Craichead :)

I had been planning on gardening this year but I don't think I will - too expensive :(

All you need is a pair of scissors :cool:. Take a cutting just below a bud, about 4" long, stick it in compost and off you go. Some will take , some won't. Ask at local garden centres for spare pots (which they dump), and go for a nice walk ;)! In a few months you will lots of lovely plants. Your only expense should be compost - Homebase do 3x75L for about €12, probably too much for you, but I find if you buy smaller amounts, it's quite expensive. I have loads - feel free to nab some.

When I rented, I kept everything in pots, so they were moved from house to house no bother. Then when I finally got my lovely (corporation) house, they were all planted into the garden - and it's pretty darn gorgeous now, even if I do say so myself!

Roses are pretty unkillable. Get some rooting powder and most cuttings from Roses will take after being dipped in rooting powder and covered with a bit of plastic or something.

magnumlady wrote: »
    Oh no is it plants again...last time I went into Lidl and there were plant offers I nearly got killed by several hundred pensioners.....scary stuff. I'm still recovering.

Welcome Craichead:D

Lol, it can get fairly viscous alright. Smile and elbow, smile and elbow - it's the only way. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Well, next summer I'll definitely do something with the backyard. This summer I don't know how long I'll have to wait until the landlords send someone to tidy it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

Hi Craichead.

Nice, nice grub!

+1 Love the crepes. Great spot to sit outside of if the weather is nice very quiet and peaceful.

SuperValu have half price on 12 pack on cans of Coke and Diet Coke for €3.35.I saw the offer over in Bargain Alerts(thanks god for that forum). Went to the one in Ballisodare and got 24 cans of Diet Coke, they didn't have any cans of Coke from what I saw.
    The staff in that shop are so friendly which is a nice change from the likes of Tesco and it's so much easier to get parking there. Took me 20 minutes max return including spending time in the shop whereas I would have spent nearly 20mins just getting a parking spot at Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kekette

fmcc wrote: »
    Hasn't been anything in here for a while. i was in Rennes on John street on saturday and had some yummy pasta then saw you can oreder the same as a takeaway for under a fiver. Thought it was good value and a relativley healthy alternitve to pizza or burgers etc. Not open in the evenings is the only problem but maybe that will change in the future.

No connection to the guy running it other than I know him now after the visit.

Hi, new to boards.ie. A friend recommended it for finding dog food bargains which I'm very interested in as my 2 dogs are costing me a fortune! Any idea where to find the best deals?
    I called in to Rene's on John St. there the other day. Found it by accident as it's not the easiest to spot ( Dark green out front). Lovely atmosphere though & Got to sit out the back in the sunshine. The pasta was delicious for under a fiver. Will defo head back. The guy who owns it seems really genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Kekette wrote: »
    Hi, new to boards.ie. A friend recommended it for finding dog food bargains which I'm very interested in as my 2 dogs are costing me a fortune! Any idea where to find the best deals
    Call into the Pet Store on Pearse Road.. just above Peking House across the road from the Garda Station.

They've great value on dog / cat food.. had one bad experience with them where the dog food sold was past it's sell-by date but they said they normally just dump the batches they recieve and rarely check sell-by dates. They replaced all the out of date ones and apologised profusely.

So I'd advise checking sell-by dates before buying. But very good value all the same. 22 small tins of dog food (Asda) for €5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

welcome to our wonderfull world of discusion and banter, Kekette!!

basquille wrote: »
    had one bad experience with them where the dog food sold was past it's sell-by date but they said they normally just dump the batches they recieve and rarely check sell-by dates. They replaced all the out of date ones and apologised profusely.

So I'd advise checking sell-by dates before buying. But very good value all the same. 22 small tins of dog food (Asda) for €5.

Jaysus basquille I eat stuff past its sell by date as long as its not way past I'd defo give it to the dog.

Jaysus basquille I eat stuff past its sell by date as long as its not way past I'd defo give it to the dog.
    No, it made our dog sick actually.

Sorry to hear that basquille was only taking the p above. Hope the madra is ok now what type of dog is it?

Sorry to hear that basquille was only taking the p above. Hope the madra is ok now what type of dog is it?
    No worries. I'm the same regarding sell-by dates.. I've an iron stomach though! :)

He's a Yorkshire Terrier. He's fine now.. this was back in February I think..

have a jack russell was a total nut case but has calmed down a lot but still cant let her off the lead. Training is going well though going to a girl out in Aclare called Christine to help with training. The dog had two owners already though.

50% off all shoes in the Childrens shoe shop (Little Piggys...I think it's called) in The Quayside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Hi! Does the Next sale start at 5 am in Sligo too this Saturday?

I would have thought so, usually the Next sale is Nationwide.

If you are at Next at 5am there is something wrong with you:) At least wait until 6 :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I would have thought so, usually the Next sale is Nationwide.

If you are at Next at 5am there is something wrong with you:) At least wait until 6 :D

Well I figured that if I'm awake at 4.30 am anyway feeding the wee one, then why not grab a bargain....I'm hoping to be back in bed around 6 :D

Advertisement