Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Went to post a letter at the Post Office in Castle Street today. Had a stamp and all so all I needed to do was pop it in the post box. The PO has moved further up the street so I went along and...no post box. WTF? :eek:

Posted it in Ballygawley on the way home. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Nice to see a mini farmers market this morning outside Johnston Court.

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I'm nearly sure the Zavvi store in Sligo is going to be taken over by HMV so maybe it's just going to be a case of rebranding.

Good call!!

HMV opening tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

zorro2566 wrote: »
    HMV opening tomorrow!
    Will be in about 10.30 in the morning! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I was speaking to an employee of HMV today, they hope it will open tomorrow depending on how things go today. Not sure what time they will be open though, nor was she. She said it could be after lunch time before they are open...We'll soon see.

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I was speaking to an employee of HMV today, they hope it will open tomorrow depending on how things go today. Not sure what time they will be open though, nor was she. She said it could be after lunch time before they are open...We'll soon see.

Did she say anything about if the store will be there for good or just a short lease store to cover the Christmas period?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

ryanch09 wrote: »

So, how did the opening go? Whassit like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Do we need THREE threads about a music shop opening?

Anyone in Dunnes, Cranmore, around 6pm tonight that found €100 and a laser card, PLEASE PLEASE hand it in to customer services.

/weeps :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Oh no :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

What are Argos' opening times this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Anyone know what shops are open in Sligo today? Is it just Next?

Its so stupid having them open on Stephens Day anyways! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Anyone know what shops are open in Sligo today? Is it just Next?

Its so stupid having them open on Stephens Day anyways! :mad:

Yeah, if anyone's thinking of going in, don't bother, it's not worth your effort! In Quayside, only Next and TK Maxx are open. Next is just the usual, probably OK for kids clothes and not a lot else. I was happy to see it wasn't near as busy as the first day of sales other years - hopefully they won't bother opening Stephens Day next year. And TK Maxx was absolutely dead quiet, hardly anyone in there at all. Johnsons Court, Dunnes and Penneys weren't open.

So really, the only thing that made it worth my while making the epic trek up and down my frozen driveway to my car, was seeing poor Tabby Callaghan sprawl himself on the footpath a couple of doors down :D I shouldn't laugh, but ...

Oh the poor fella, lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Just wondering: Have any of the pubs in town lowered the prices due to the duty decrease in this months budget?
    Haven't noticed it myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

To be honest I think I'm too drunk by the time I get to the pub to even notice if the price has changed.
    I usually don't even go to the pub but on the rare occasion I do, I can't say I've noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭westeire

Was in Mary's and picked up a few tools with 50% off, may not be the best quiality but they will do the job?. Also everything else in store is 50% off till this Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gillian2010

can somebody plese tell me if cosmic closet head shop,or any head shop in sligo is open today its an emergency tah;):p

can somebody plese tell me if cosmic closet head shop,or any head shop in sligo is open today its an emergency tah;):p
    some one must noe plezzzzz

• Advertisement

magnumlady wrote: »
    Oh the poor fella, lol:D
    by ne chance wud u no??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

it is open on sundays, so there is a change it is open.

Sorry I haven't got a clue what's open.
    Haven't been into town in weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

westeire wrote: »
    Was in Mary's and picked up a few tools with 50% off, may not be the best quiality but they will do the job?.
    no they won't
    they will fall apart.
    I

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

no they won't
    they will fall apart.
    I

+1
    Totally craptastic. They'll fall apart before the first job is finished, or even started. Damn Blackspur!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭westeire

I know some of tools are crap, but I have a blackspur angle grinder for 4 years and used it for heavy work and still going! I bought a diamond disk for the angle grinder in the sale for 4.50 and used yesterday and it worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

westeire wrote: »
    I know some of tools are crap, but I have a blackspur angle grinder for 4 years and used it for heavy work and still going! I bought a diamond disk for the angle grinder in the sale for 4.50 and used yesterday and it worked fine.

One good tool does not maketh the brand though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

I bought a bluckspur angle grinder because I was in the middle of nowhere and had no choice. It last a whole 4 hours! Brought it back and got a new one, it lasted half an hour! I did get my money back though.

Nintendo DSi in HMV for 139.99, cheapest in town.

• Advertisement

Love the new sweet shop, O'Briens next to Oxfam, took over from Conways.
    A whole wall of sweets, milk bottles, flying saucers, all kinds of things.....why am I on a diet! Sob:mad:

Advertisement