Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

closing down...loads of their staff have moved to mc donalds...not sure when this is happening though!!!

that picture looks great without the big white thing in wine street car park,the centre looks really impressive

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You're joking. I used to love eating food there on a night out (although it wasn't burger king food :D).

well burger king isnt my choice of food

i wonder what else new is opening in town...be intresting to see the development
    have u seen all the development in cooloney...loads of retail park style units at the roundabout

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

bobcar61 wrote:
    well burger king isnt my choice of food

I'm a four lights man myself.

yup me to...the toppic is slowly changing to food....lets change back

whats the deal with the empty space up at carraroe retail park,i have to pass it everyday and think to myself what a waste of space,it wud be good if something useful went in there.....ne ideas???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

bobcar61 wrote:
    the toppic is slowly changing to food....lets change back
    Yes indeed. I dont know how you all managed to move from discussing a web site to eating junk food.

get it back on topic again please lads and lassies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

bobcar61 wrote:
    yup me to...the toppic is slowly changing to food....lets change back

whats the deal with the empty space up at carraroe retail park,i have to pass it everyday and think to myself what a waste of space,it wud be good if something useful went in there.....ne ideas???

There are at least three empty unit's in Cleveragh Retail park which is of more concern to me!

I was looking at the sign on the front of the shopping centre last nite.
    Mullaneys is listed as one of the shops that is moving in!

I've officially now lost all faith!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

bobcar61 wrote:
    ive heard from a reliable source that easons are going in where Burger King is but I'm not sure when....that building was sold to Easons...apparently

That bookshop just up from there will 'love' that! Mind you, I'll believe it when I see it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Gillie wrote:
    There are at least three empty unit's in Cleveragh Retail park which is of more concern to me!

I was looking at the sign on the front of the shopping centre last nite.
    Mullaneys is listed as one of the shops that is moving in!

I've officially now lost all faith!:(

I've heard it all now!:(
    They used to have their childrens shop in Johnstons court didn't they?
    Shame about BK shutting down. I thought Easons franchised out to people?
    Anyway back to the court. I was reading in the Sligo post that it would be open before the holiday (didn't saw what holiday) Christmas 2009?! Not that excited about it though, fed up of all the clothes shops and the majority of shops are ones we have already.

magnumlady wrote:
    I've heard it all now!:(
    They used to have their childrens shop in Johnstons court didn't they?

Basically Mullaneys went all the way out the back and they utilized a shopfront at the rear of Johnson's Court.

Glad to see that white eyesore gone!

• Advertisement

Some bag shop, I think its called 'The Bag Shop' is going in the centre....I walked past the entrance on O'Connell street and the sign was up.....but when I looked in,there isnt a hope it will be open in October....but i hope to be proved wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

bobcar61 wrote:
    Some bag shop, I think its called 'The Bag Shop' is going in the centre....I walked past the entrance on O'Connell street and the sign was up.....but when I looked in,there isnt a hope it will be open in October....but i hope to be proved wrong

Why can't every bag shop be called Bag-atelle, aah the fun we used to have in Letterkenny ringing up asking to book the band! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Gillie wrote:

Well my sister works over in Cleveragh and she said today that one of the units is going to be "Cash and Carry Kitchens". Wooo????:confused:

Well my sister works over in Cleveragh and she said today that one of the units is going to be "Cash and Carry Kitchens". Wooo????:confused:

Cool. There supposed to be really good!

To be honest I wouldn't care if Aurther Daly's Dodgy Car Lot went in at this stage - so long as they are filled!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Gillie wrote:
    Dundalk, Drogheda, Letterkenny,......etc.
    Lots! Ask residents in these places and they'll tell you the same thing!

The problem in Sligo is a small group of businessmen (yes all men in this case) who want to protect their old outdated stores and don't care if ppl have a choice!

Actually I belive that SueMe is a business woman herself in Sligo so maybe she can add something to this?

IMO, bring them on! The more shops, the more customers the town and the Retail Parks will attract. We have a fabulous town, in a gorgeous county, with so much to offer visitors and residents alike.

I went shopping in Carrick last Sunday, and the week before, it was Enniskillen. I say shopping, but really its a recce to see what other retailers are doing! Its just EASIER to shop in these places. Parking, free parking, good infratructure, nice varieties of High Street and Independent stores, public toilets, these are all the things we need, and I agree, if we don't provide them, our customers will go elsewhere.

sueme wrote:
    IMO, bring them on! The more shops, the more customers the town and the Retail Parks will attract. We have a fabulous town, in a gorgeous county, with so much to offer visitors and residents alike.

I went shopping in Carrick last Sunday, and the week before, it was Enniskillen. I say shopping, but really its a recce to see what other retailers are doing! Its just EASIER to shop in these places. Parking, free parking, good infratructure, nice varieties of High Street and Independent stores, public toilets, these are all the things we need, and I agree, if we don't provide them, our customers will go elsewhere.

Can I ask what line of business you are in yourself (without actually advertising though as I think it's against the rules)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Gillie wrote:
    Can I ask what line of business you are in yourself (without actually advertising though as I think it's against the rules)?

I have a small shop that sells homewares. Magnumlady has been a valued customer! I'm a little hurt she hasn't featured me in her great flicker.com pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

was walking through wine street car park tonight, looks like an elveries fit going on at the rear enterence to the new centre, seen a couple of sports banners in the windows, could be a similar set up to the new elveries in letterkenny, huge open floor space on two levels, faceing the street with an all glass front

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Has the opening been pushed back another month? Its become such a joke at this stage, they must be losing so much money.

Has the opening been pushed back another month? Its become such a joke at this stage, they must be losing so much money.

I walked by it this morning and it said october. You're right though Brian it's ridiculous, the thing was meant to be open in March.

• Advertisement

At this stage I could see it not opening before christmas, which would be terrible for all the businesses involved in the project.

At this stage I could see it not opening before christmas, which would be terrible for all the businesses involved in the project.

If things are really that bad they would be pulling out all the stops. Could you imagine the stink all the businesses would kick up if they missed out on the christmas period.

The website has been updated to say its opening on Oct. 25th. I can't see it happening either.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

magnumlady wrote:
    The website has been updated to say its opening on Oct. 25th. I can't see it happening either.

heard today its the 28th, although looking through the front it still looks pretty bare

Signs on the back of the centre say the 25th.
    I had a quick look in the front today (theres a security guard there now though).
    Straight ahead is Virgin, all the signs up for it, so that looks good. All the units at the front of the centre are still shells and the floor is still concrete, so I really can't see it being ready, unless they block off theose empty units and put a floor down soon.

I was thinking the same 'lady, although it shouldn't take that much work to put some pvc covering on the walls, most of which you won't be able to see when the shop is full. They built a shopping centre in Maynooth two years ago, and they had the builders working til midnight in the run up to opening to get it done. I presume that hasn't been the case with the court?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

I think they will get it finished. They seem to work late enough anyway. My uncle was doing the plumbing in there a few weeks ago and he used to be in there until 12 at night. So i'd say they will work really late to get it done. Well hopefully!

I saw the sign for Virgin lastnight and the the light was on, it was so exciting!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I saw the sign for Virgin lastnight and the the light was on, it was so exciting!!!!
    I used to see an odd sign with a red light above the door and got excited also but it wasnt virgin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Shopfitting is the art of covering up shoddy and unfinished work in record quick time. Seriously though, most units will be kitted out with materials prefabricated off site. It only takes a day or two (working till all hours) to leave a shop ready for stocking. I haven't heard they're looking for many staff though. Have they advertised for staff? If not it might be slower than we hoped for.

• Advertisement

muffler wrote:
    I used to see an odd sign with a red light above the door and got excited also but it wasnt virgin :D

Are you not going off topic muffler :D

Advertisement