Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Was the 'Corran Herald' published this year as part of Ballymote Heritage Weekend? Haven't seen one on sale anywhere. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 hopwitch

Now that you mention it I haven't seen one anywhere either - must check it out

hopwitch wrote: »
    Now that you mention it I haven't seen one anywhere either - must check it out

There are none in/around Ballymote but I did find one in Liber Bookshop in Sligo town. There were a few left. It's €6. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 hopwitch

:eek: €6!!! Can I borrow yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

That sounds rather steep.

• Advertisement

Well, it's a darn sight more reasonable than the Co. Roscommon Historical & Archaeological Society Journal which is €15!! :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Gomer Pyle

Is there a new pub or cafe open/ing in Stephen St. car park, where Gurns was?
    It's not Reidys which is at the front..

Its called The Snug.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

3 courses in Tobergal Lane cafe for €15 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

And Tobergal Lane is lovely. Sakura is doing the same,lovely Chinese restaurant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Colgate are offering a great deal at the moment. Buy a Colgate Pack for €16.67 at participating outlets and get a FREE dental check up with any dentist in Sligo or nationwide worth €65. Not many places in Sligo selling the packs but Wards Pharmacy on O Connell Street have them. Offer is valid until end of September as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Loads of cut price Regatta stuff in Connacht Gold today.

Got myself a nice and warm fleece for €7.95.

D.W wrote: »
    Colgate are offering a great deal at the moment. Buy a Colgate Pack for €16.67 at participating outlets and get a FREE dental check up with any dentist in Sligo or nationwide worth €65. Not many places in Sligo selling the packs but Wards Pharmacy on O Connell Street have them. Offer is valid until end of September as far as I know.
    It's in Dunnes as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Supervalu are reportedly selling Roses/Heroes/Celebrations etc (tins/boxes) for €6! It's on the boards bargain alert page...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056044096&page=1
    They're in Tesco for €14 each (BOGOF)
    Asda were £10 each, BOGOF ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

catreyn wrote: »
    Supervalu are reportedly selling Roses/Heroes/Celebrations etc (tins/boxes) for €6! It's on the boards bargain alert page...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056044096&page=1
    They're in Tesco for €14 each (BOGOF)

Thanks for posting that. I meant to do it and forgot all about it.
    SuperValu also have 3 packs of Cadbury 4 bars for 4 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Maxx Pizza in Ballymote , above Cryans Shop in the middle of the town.

Got this the other night,
    20" Pizza, massive portion of wedges , 1 bag od chips (was enough for 2)
    Chicken Salad, again enough for 2 in the salad alone.
    16euro :eek:

Enough for the 4 of us for two nights. Pizza was as good as what you would expect from the bistro. I think the pizzas are all 10e.
    Menu can be got from the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Been meaning to try one of their pizzas for a long time

Has Heatons opened in town yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

not yet some time in the next 2 weeks

Yeah, thought it was meant to be the last Saturday of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

had one last night - definitely worth the 9.90 (including free softdrink) - they also deliver within the area :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Really? I just walked by it and took a look in the window. They still have a lot left to do in it.

I had heard plans fell through.. but it's hard to know what to believe in this town.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

basquille wrote: »
    I had heard plans fell through.. but it's hard to know what to believe in this town.

It looked like there were people working in it when I walked by. Myself and one of the lads drove by it the other day and there were people loading stuff from a truck into it. Looked like there were a few people working on it at the time as well. I doubt things fell through on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

It looked like there were people working in it when I walked by. Myself and one of the lads drove by it the other day and there were people loading stuff from a truck into it. Looked like there were a few people working on it at the time as well. I doubt things fell through on it.

i also thought it was meant to be end of september. there are people working in it every time i drive by and i know somebody that got a job in there.
    also heard a rumour that the guy from john kent put in an objection and it might stop heatons from opening up. not sure how much truth is in that but i could imagine that he did

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

cant see on what grounds he couyld object on

the shop is starting to be filled with stock on friday so it will be after that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Holland and Barrett is opening on October 13th in Johnston Court.

magnumlady wrote: »
    Holland and Barrett is opening on October 13th in Johnston Court.
    Finally, some much needed new blood for that shopping centre..

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sara-lou

Heatons is supposed to be opening next week, they are working round the clock to fit it out apparently. Prob will be Fri or Sat

• Advertisement

sara-lou wrote: »
    Heatons is supposed to be opening next week, they are working round the clock to fit it out apparently. Prob will be Fri or Sat
    i know people who are working to 11 to fit it out

Advertisement