Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

magnumlady wrote: »
    Iceland planning to open 105 shops. Let's hope we get one in Sligo
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1111/iceland.html

I was just about to post the same, please god let them open here, its crinkle cut chips are half the reason I go to Enniskillen the odd time :D

Of course when they do open we can find the thread with the Gym prices and get that going again also :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I never went to Iceland,not mad on everything being frozen. Some of the food looks nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

They don't just sell frozen food, they also sell tinned and fresh food.
    It's a great shop. I filled my freezer up for less then 30 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

magnumlady wrote: »
    They don't just sell frozen food, they also sell tinned and fresh food.
    It's a great shop. I filled my freezer up for less then 30 euro.

Used to go to iceland specially for stuff like that when i lived in letterkenny, was some stuff they stocked tha no other place did.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Nicholsons Pharmacy on Stephen St. are having a 'christmas evening' next Thursday from 6pm with all gift items at 20% off (for all the organised christmas shoppers!!)

• Advertisement

Hmm I didn't realise they had a good fresh food selection. Must check her out if it opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

***AHEM*****

I seem to recall a little matter of ye olde chamber of commerce in Sligo.

I for one will not be holding my breath waiting for Iceland.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

***AHEM*****

I seem to recall a little matter of ye olde chamber of commerce in Sligo.

I for one will not be holding my breath waiting for Iceland.
    As long as they open in the town centre I don't think there is anything the chamber of commerce can do. I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

As long as they open in the town centre I don't think there is anything the chamber of commerce can do. I could be wrong though.

I think they'll find a way, if there is one. Anyway, I can't imagine anywhere inside the town that would be a suitable place....

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭waterboy15

Not sure if this right location mods move if wrong, but hair salon on corner in Quay st Sligo Finualas are doin mens hair cut for a fiver on Tue wed and i think thursday next week

• Advertisement

waterboy15 wrote: »
    Not sure if this right location mods move if wrong, but hair salon on corner in Quay st Sligo Finualas are doin mens hair cut for a fiver on Tue wed and i think thursday next week

Blimey that is a bargain. I paid 12 euro for Jono's haircut in town last week.

I paid 13 quid for a cut in Galway this week. If I knew it was going to be that much I wouldn't have gone there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I pay €35-40 (student rate) for a cut and blowdry! Therefore i only go every 6-8 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭waterboy15

Game stop in town have following offer buy 2 stickered blu rays and get one free, limited lines.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I think they'll find a way, if there is one. Anyway, I can't imagine anywhere inside the town that would be a suitable place....

It's mazing to think this little Mafia (COC) tries so hard to keep the development of Sligo stunted. We should all be meeting up right now to erect a Gallows in wine street car park IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

Holland and Barrets have an amazing offer now: buy one product and get second for 1cent. No matter what price and its on EVERYTHING in the shop, even the shopping bag :) it runs for 3 weeks and will be advertised on tv3 on saturday during the xfactor add break so better get in tomorrow before they sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Wester

ge_ch wrote: »
    Holland and Barrets have an amazing offer now: buy one product and get second for 1cent. No matter what price and its on EVERYTHING in the shop, even the shopping bag :) it runs for 3 weeks and will be advertised on tv3 on saturday during the xfactor add break so better get in tomorrow before they sell out

In fairness, they're hardly going to sell out, leaving the store empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bcalchess

Just Saw on twitter that Third Wave are having a 25% sale for December.
    Sounds pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

bcalchess wrote: »
    Sounds pretty good!

Will pop in Sat to check it out...few pressies to get! Cheers

============
    Bronson
    Irish Celica Club Member

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

New Expert Electrical shop opening this Friday 10th of December in sligo town. Should be some great bargains on offer! so make us feel welcome...:D

Where will the new shop be? Best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 vinniew09

About the expert??is it franchised?if so is it anyone we know local :)

mc donagh electrical moved into the shop where the petshop was. adelaide street i think its called

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 AndyPanty

Lived in Sligo in the 70's and 80's when Sligo was the dearest town in Ireland according to the Prices Commission, Whats it like today?cool.gif

cara pharmacy have a 20% off make up weekend and a red carpet event with 20%off brands like lancome, clarins, shiseido, smashbox...
    http://en-gb.facebook.com/event.php?eid=167232209981870&ref=mf
    they have some special offers every few weeks, last weekend it was 20% off everything. was great to get some xmas presents
    they also have 15% off everything on their online shopping from now until christmas

bcalchess wrote: »
    Sounds pretty good!

Was in there the other day, was just about to post their sale here and noticed I had already thanked your post.

:D

Its part of a relocation sale, and the 25% is on everything, once I have compiled a list I'll be back.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Relocation sale? Do you know where they are moving to?

I wish I was at home to catch offers like these.

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Relocation sale? Do you know where they are moving to?

I wish I was at home to catch offers like these.

Was chating to someone who worked there, the book shop down stairs, not sure when though.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

irish-stew wrote: »
    Was chating to someone who worked there, the book shop down stairs, not sure when though.

;)
    So, it the Sligo Bookshop gone? Shame to see, but I'd say it was tough to compete with Easons less than 50ft away.

basquille wrote: »
    So, it the Sligo Bookshop gone? Shame to see, but I'd say it was tough to compete with Easons less than 50ft away.

Not sure about one. Its a much bigger space downstairs compared to upstairs, so dont know if extending, or additional stock, or what the full story is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

expert opening in cleveragh in the unit between argos and smyths - every time i went down there in the last 2 weeks the car park has been fairly full.
    i think it is a bigger success so far than carraroe retail park

Advertisement