Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I see a 'farm shop' is opening up in Collooney where Changing Rooms was. Also another furniture shop has opened where Curleys was.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

enda mc carrick has a renault showroom in quayside in the unit where faith used to be. two cars standing in there

magnumlady wrote: »
    I see a 'farm shop' is opening up in Collooney where Changing Rooms was. Also another furniture shop has opened where Curleys was.

I went into the Farm Shop today. There is a butcher, fruit and veg and the gourmet parlour. Nice to see a new shop in Collooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I've heard on the grapevine that it's to the Johnston Court center, but hasn't been signed sealed and delivered yet, hence the QT.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

ge_ch wrote: »
    enda mc carrick has a renault showroom in quayside in the unit where faith used to be. two cars standing in there

Noticed that as well, is it just a display unit, or is there a sales agent there as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

irish-stew wrote: »
    Noticed that as well, is it just a display unit, or is there a sales agent there as well?
    There's an agent in there reading away on a magazine.. looking very busy! :D

Was in town today for a while to try and finish up Christmas shopping. It was absolutely jammed everywhere (particularly Heatons due to 20% off everything in-store til tomorrow).

Gonna go in first thing in the morning instead.

Anyone know where I can buy this in Sligo, or any Beauticans that might stock it. I have been told that this is what they want for Christmas (amoungst other things).

basquille wrote: »
    There's an agent in there reading away on a magazine.. looking very busy! :D

Was in town today for a while to try and finish up Christmas shopping. It was absolutely jammed everywhere (particularly Heatons due to 20% off everything in-store til tomorrow).

Gonna go in first thing in the morning instead.

When did that start? What time are they closing tomorrow?

irish-stew wrote: »
    When did that start? What time are they closing tomorrow?
    Started yesterday.. runs Friday - Sunday: see here!. And I'd say 6pm is closing time tomorrow.

Believe me.. go in early. There was a queue going right across the shop today... wouldn't be arsed unless you were doing serious shopping to be standing in that queue.

This help?
    Bernie's Beauty Salon
    31 O'Connell Street
    Sligo,
    00353 71 915 3944

Beauty By Jennifer
    Above Centra Supermarket
    Maugheraboy Road
    Sligo,
    00353 71 91 52661

West End Beauty Clinic
    Quay Side Shopping Centre
    Sligo,
    00353 71 9160999

Ann Young
    Streams Town
    Ballysadare,
    00353 719130729

• Advertisement

Never thought there would be as many, lets hope they have the products in stock that they want, between the four of them should get sorted (hopefully).

Not really a bargain alert but Parkes garage in Ballisadare haven't put their petrol up since the budget. So it's still 131 a litre. I notice most of the garages in town are charging 140.

Not really a bargain alert but Parkes garage in Ballisadare haven't put their petrol up since the budget. So it's still 131 a litre. I notice most of the garages in town are charging 140.
    Good value.. think 1.36 by McCormack's & Sligo Fuels is the best in town.

Might fill up when I drop out to SuperValu tomorrow.

140!! Yikes, I did see a few places around Sligo Town at that price on friday. The Fuel Depot on Deep Water Quay on was 134 or 135. Allthough looking at Pumps.ie they are 136.9 as off today.

In addation to the budget there was a general increase of 4c due to oil price increases.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 SalmoTheLeaper

Tesco are doing 25% off all their wine and champagne at the mo, if you buy any six bottles. And thats on top of the special offers on the wine already! Seems like a good offer if you want to stock up for Christmas. I think its on til the 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Also noticed they have home heating oil at the pumps also in case the cold spell promised next week come and anyons stuck over christmas.

bennyc wrote: »
    Also noticed they have home heating oil at the pumps also in case the cold spell promised next week come and anyons stuck over christmas.

Sligo Fuels in Deepwater Quay also has kero at the pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Surprised nothing has been posted here recently, are there no bargains to be had with the post-Christmas sales? I've haven't been in town since Stephen's Day and I'm just wondering is a trip worthwhile.

I always think the Sligo sales are rubbish.
    Heatons had 1 euro off some items.:rolleyes:
    Next had a fairly good sale and Boots had their gift sets half price.
    HMV have a Sony blueray player reduced by about 40 euro I thought that was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Went in for a look around myself today...
    TK Maxx had 25% off everything that's already reduced ie with a red sticker. Ends this evening tho...
    nothing left in Next bar the crap they couldn't pay you to take away:rolleyes:
    Carphone Warehouse have a "3 for 2" on accessories
    Crap sales basically. :(

• Advertisement

O Brien's Sweetshop opened in Quayside by TK Maxx Before xmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

Expert seems to be doing good. My boyfriend got me a new camera there for Xmas. I was there a few days ago and it is still busy. Thought it would be only Xmas time...

Open at last then,.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

catreyn wrote: »
    O Brien's Sweetshop opened in Quayside by TK Maxx Before xmas...

Went into this place just before Christmas for a look with a friend. The man asked us if we like sour sweets, said yes, so he offered a sweet to taste. Now, I quite like sour things but I nearly had to spit it out it was so sour.

Well worth going in for a look and then a taste, he has so many sweets on offer.

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Went into this place just before Christmas for a look with a friend. The man asked us if we like sour sweets, said yes, so he offered a sweet to taste. Now, I quite like sour things but I nearly had to spit it out it was so sour.

Well worth going in for a look and then a taste, he has so many sweets on offer.

They were offering those sour sweets to everyone!!! Think they were laughing at everyone's reactions when we left...:P I love sour sweets (Tangfastics...nyom nyom...) but those ones were in a league of their own!!! :D

bobcar61 wrote: »

Do they sell blackjacks/fruitsalids? For some reason Aldi or Lidl (which ever is in Sligo) and every other branch I have been to have seemed to have stopped selling or are always sold out.

Janine87 wrote: »
    Expert seems to be doing good. My boyfriend got me a new camera there for Xmas. I was there a few days ago and it is still busy. Thought it would be only Xmas time...

Called over to the retail park today & it was fairly hectic there in comparison to days of yore :) Nice to see business picking up there...

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

How did I miss this new sweet shop?!

Were they lemon flavoured balls with this really white covering?
    Come in Blueberry and Strawberry I think! We got apple ones too, got them up in Dublin and we'd have a contest to see how sour they were by seeing who could keep their game faces on after 3...

Want to head in and show off! Oh ho ho!

I bought Fruit Salad stick pack in Mullens Spar on Bundoran Road on Sunday. Haven't had them in years, very disappointed, they're nothing like I remember!!!:mad:

• Advertisement

Lornen wrote: »
    How did I miss this new sweet shop?!

Were they lemon flavoured balls with this really white covering?
    Come in Blueberry and Strawberry I think! We got apple ones too, got them up in Dublin and we'd have a contest to see how sour they were by seeing who could keep their game faces on after 3...

Want to head in and show off! Oh ho ho!

It's the same O Briens-style shop that went into where Conways Newsagents was on Grattan Street. Except this one does sweets only :D

Advertisement