Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Was just in that new sweet shop. I was like a kid.... in a sweet shop.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

catreyn wrote: »
    It's the same O Briens-style shop that went into where Conways Newsagents was on Grattan Street. Except this one does sweets only :D

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sweets................

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Was in Easons today. They have a sign at the tills saying that they only offer refunds/exchanges within 10 days of purchase!!:eek:
    When did this happen?! IIRC they used to offer 30 days... Is this a bad sign???

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was in Easons today. They have a sign at the tills saying that they only offer refunds/exchanges within 10 days of purchase!!:eek:
    When did this happen?! IIRC they used to offer 30 days... Is this a bad sign???
    Well, to be fair, they're a bookshop.

If they allowed exchanges / refunds up to 30 days after purchase, people would use them like a public library.

basquille wrote: »
    Well, to be fair, they're a bookshop.

If they allowed exchanges / refunds up to 30 days after purchase, people would use them like a public library.

30 days is fairly common practice, TK Maxx is the only one I know that offers less (14 days there).
    Am almost certain it was 30 days in Easons until recently. They had a no-returns policy on 'special order' books as they were ordered from a site called gardners.com & not from their own stocks.
    Also, Easons isn't just books. There's the stationary & gift lines as well:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Japer

bennyc wrote: »
    Maxx Pizza in Ballymote , above Cryans Shop in the middle of the town.

Got this the other night,
    20" Pizza, massive portion of wedges , 1 bag od chips (was enough for 2)
    Chicken Salad, again enough for 2 in the salad alone.
    16euro :eek:

Enough for the 4 of us for two nights. Pizza was as good as what you would expect from the bistro. I think the pizzas are all 10e.
    Menu can be got from the shop.
    anyone else eaten there / recommend it ?

Japer wrote: »
    anyone else eaten there / recommend it ?

Was chatting to friends on NYE who were talking about it, they said the 20" pizza is more like 2 feet across!!!:D It was humongous they said, no way they could finish it between them. They couldn't recommend it highly enough, said it was better than Dominos or Four Star:)

Was in Abbey Foods.. absolutely great value in there!

4 Battered Cod reduced from €6 to €4.50
    7 Big Southern Fried Chicken Fillets for €6
    700ml Hazelnut or Vanilla Coffee Syrup for €7
    Big McDonnells Curry Sauce Box for €6
    Big 1.0L bottles of Blender's Sauces for between €8 and €10.

Bought a load of stuff for €33... recommend everyone to give a look (as long as you've the freezer room!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

basquille wrote: »
    Was in Abbey Foods.. absolutely great value in there!

4 Battered Cod reduced from €6 to €4.50
    7 Big Southern Fried Chicken Fillets for €6
    700ml Hazelnut or Vanilla Coffee Syrup for €7
    Big McDonnells Curry Sauce Box for €6
    Big 1.0L bottles of Blender's Sauces for between €8 and €10.

Bought a load of stuff for €33... recommend everyone to give a look (as long as you've the freezer room!)

Is that the same place as the 'Food Centre'? Whereabouts are they?

magnumlady wrote: »
    Is that the same place as the 'Food Centre'? Whereabouts are they?
    Yep, same place.

They're in Cleveragh Business Centre (beside Cleveragh Business Park - Argos, Smyths etc). McCormacks Service Centre and Happy Days is in the same place.

• Advertisement

Great, thanks. I must check them out.

Official website is here

I've seen them on facebook, just wasn't too sure where they were.

Oh, and got 6 Chocolate Crossaints in there yesterday for €3 (normal croissants are €2 for 6).

Heated them in the oven.. amazing, I've tried chocolate croissants from Dunnes / Tesco (Finest) / M&S - this beats them all hands down.

It was almost a thin layer of chocolate sauce throughout - amazing!

Cross Sections at the bottom of High Street offering 10% off all stock at the moment...

The Book Nest on Rockwood Parade have 50% off everything.

Oh dear...that's never a good sign :(
    The health shop in Quayside is closing down, everything reduced to clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

was in there today , they are re-locating to cleveragh buisness park, which i think is a bad plan :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

was in there today , they are re-locating to cleveragh buisness park, which i think is a bad plan :(

What the hell? I'm not exactly Donald Trump but even I can see that's a terrible idea. I can see them losing a lot of business to easons now.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Wester

They have a large wholesale business so moving over to Cleveragh makes sense. Plus they still have the bookshop in the IT as far as I know. The retail side of book selling as far as most small independents are concerned is on the slide so why wouldn'd the Booknest consolidate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

Lidl are having a 3 day clearance sale on non food items 28th to 30th Jan, at the old Toy City store at Sligo Retail Park. Looks like there will be plenty of bargains!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Oh dear...that's never a good sign :(
    The health shop in Quayside is closing down, everything reduced to clear.

My dad was down there a couple of days ago and he said he was totally shut up, no sign of a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Any pizza, any size - €4.50 in Borza on Mail Coach Road. DEAL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

thebuzz wrote: »
    Any pizza, any size - €4.50 in Borza on Mail Coach Road. DEAL :)

What are their pizzas like? Only thing I have had from there is the battered mars bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

irish-stew wrote: »
    What are their pizzas like? Only thing I have had from there is the battered mars bar.

Borza doing pizza?! When did they start doing that do you know?

Ah, the battered mars bar.. I got one out of curiosity once.. Never again.

It took me a while to recover from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I see a new Chinese Take Away beside Borza too, anyone try it? (Well new as I just seen it this evening..)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Plazaman wrote: »
    I see a new Chinese Take Away beside Borza too, anyone try it? (Well new as I just seen it this evening..)

Basquille has tried it a few times and commented that it seems to be getting better each time he tries it. Another user claimed it did good in the chip and curry department but a spare rib and spring roll failed to impress..

I really want to try it!

I went into the Lidl warehouse sale yesterday.
    I've never seen the retail park so busy.
    The place was packed. People were coming out with trolley loads of stuff.

They had trainers for 4.99. Ladies leather boots for 4.99, a chest of drawers for 30 euro...loads of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 galwayshelly

anyone tell me how to get to lidl sale from n17.we are coming from tuam

• Advertisement

anyone tell me how to get to lidl sale from n17.we are coming from tuam

Go on the N17 until you reach the roundabout where it meets the N4. Turn left at that roundabout onto the N4. Stay on that dual carriageway until you see a sign for Carraroe and take that left turn. Straight on at the roundabout (you will see Cliffords lighthouse). Keep going until you get to another roundabout and the retail park is on the right off that roundabout.

Advertisement