Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

irish-stew wrote: »
    Would they do Chorizo or Mozzarella Magnumlady, use both ocassionally in cooking, wouldn't mind trying some of the fresher stuff rather than the packaged.

Cant quite remember the name of the shop in town that might do it, keep meaning to go in but always forget.

:o

Cosgroves? They sell alot of stuff behind a deli counter so you could try your luck with them and asking for samples of their products.

Kate's Kitchen do chorizo and Gubbeen sausage which is stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Lornen wrote: »
    Cosgroves? They sell alot of stuff behind a deli counter so you could try your luck with them and asking for samples of their products.

Kate's Kitchen do chorizo and Gubbeen sausage which is stunning.

Thats the place

;)

Thats the place

;)

Also, don't be put off buy any "packaging" that the sausage comes in as chorizo is rarely ever found fresh unless you're in Spain. You take the uncooked sausage home and cook it yourself before eating.
    In Ireland chorizo is known to us as a cured and smoked sausage which you can eat without heating it. So the packaging doesn't really make much of a difference :)

If you do want a raw chorizo style sausage, I would recommend Tesco's finest one's. They have 2 packets of 6 for 6 euro's. Pretty hefty sausages with an impressive 80+% of pork so maybe try them too!
    (amazing in a cursty demi baguette with chilli chutney) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Would they do Chorizo or Mozzarella Magnumlady, use both ocassionally in cooking, wouldn't mind trying some of the fresher stuff rather than the packaged.

Cant quite remember the name of the shop in town that might do it, keep meaning to go in but always forget.

:o

The cheese man might do Mozzarella. I'll check next time. The butcher part only has fresh meat: pork, chicken, beef etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Picked up Taken for 2.99 in HMV today. Plenty of good offers on dvds for under a fiver or a tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

I bought my dress for a wedding a few weeks in Simones. Very reasonable price I have to say if you look at the original price!

Lornen wrote: »
    Olives?! Oh my word, I do need to pay this little place a visit!

Everyday except my day off, typical! :(

Well it's all changed. The nice cheese man is gone from Collooney but they have another crowd in now selling olives and cheeses, they are only there on Friday and Saturday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

The Irish Independent Sunday Life Magazine has 20% off Meal Coupons during February.
    20% off a la carte and bottle of Santa Rita for up to 4 people in participating restaurants. In sligo its: the venue, tra ban, bellavista, yeats tavern and a restaurant in enniscrone(forgot the name, sorry)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Foggles

50% off all day today in Mulreanys Opticians in Wine St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

4 aero yoghurts for a euro in centra in cartron
    got 5 :D

• Advertisement

Tesco are having some mental sale on atm.. Alot of things are BOGOF or 2 for 1... Also, Centra have 3 for 5 euro on easter eggs but Tesco have many for 1.50 and the bigger ones are half price so get in now before they're all gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

20 Bottles of Heineken in SuperValu in Grange for €15

• Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

20 Bottles of Heineken in SuperValu in Grange for €15
    Yep, same price in Centra.

Think they're in all Centra and SuperValu.

Has Tommy Hilfiger gone? It was closed this morning.

magnumlady wrote: »

They had a sale last week I think, but no metion of closing. Maybe a refit or a stock take.

Maybe opening a kebab house down the back. I can always dream.

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Maybe opening a kebab house down the back. I can always dream.

Thats what O'Connell Street needs.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

or maybe a new Mobile Phone Shop... Sligo is in dire need of another one..or a chemist..... whats with all the chemists in Sligo?

Was back down there today, peered in through the door, still stock on some of the shelves and the tills on, but other wise in darkness. Hard to say whats going on with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Was back down there today, peered in through the door, still stock on some of the shelves and the tills on, but other wise in darkness. Hard to say whats going on with them.

Hope they dont close i like they clothes in there a nice store to have in town aswell.

Saw a lovely shirt in there. Pity about the price. 120 euro's!!

Found a nicer one in H&M in Dublin for 20!

Oooh.. If H&M moved in in it's place... HEAVEN!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

wouldnt mind new look in town either..

wouldnt mind new look in town either..

Was there not already one in the Quayside?

Was there not already one in the Quayside?
    Nope.. don't think so.

Hope they dont close i like they clothes in there a nice store to have in town aswell.

Way too expensive I thought.
    I would love an H&M too.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

magnumlady wrote: »

Has anyone any update on Hilfiger? - Haven't been in town for a while and wiondering if it's still there. Thanks

update: OH was in town earlier and said there were guys there changing the locks - guess it's gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Has anyone any update on Hilfiger? - Haven't been in town for a while and wiondering if it's still there. Thanks

update: OH was in town earlier and said there were guys there changing the locks - guess it's gone

There was a sign on it today saying 're-opening soon'. Maybe there's a change of management or something?

For anyone into Ecover products Tesco seem to have gotten a batch in. They have laundry liquid, washing up liquid, fabric softener etc for a fraction of the price you pay in any of the health shops. You'll need to be quick though, they don't seem to get it in often.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

Remember Hilfiger being closed for a while last year or the year before. I was telling my friend who is a big fan. it was the same:they had a big sale, closed for a few weeks, sent all the staff on holidays and reopened with new stock.

• Advertisement

ge_ch wrote: »
    Remember Hilfiger being closed for a while last year or the year before. I was telling my friend who is a big fan. it was the same:they had a big sale, closed for a few weeks, sent all the staff on holidays and reopened with new stock.
    Christ.. I'm in the wrong job! :pac:

Advertisement