Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭the_wabbitt

to the best of my knowledge, its owned by EJ's, ask them in there whats the story

R

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

An odd Bargain Alert but a bargain all the same.

Centra in Caltragh carry Staples stationary. The quality is great, i.e. the pencils are Staedler brand, but marked Staples, €1.99 for 12. Same with pens, rubbers, geometry sets etc, all well below usual prices.

Reams of paper are €1.99 but I'm going to try to buy them all before you lot get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cartoncowboy

Just in relation to Tommy Hilfi. shop. I know the manager and he tells me the shop will reopen in a few days time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ecasserley

have a credit note for €150 for TH and was not allowed spend it during sale, went in a few times in the last while but the sale was still on, now I hear its closed?? can voucher be used in EJ's seen as its the same person who owns it??? there was no notice given off closing down. anyone know your rights here?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

ecasserley wrote: »
    have a credit note for €150 for TH and was not allowed spend it during sale, went in a few times in the last while but the sale was still on, now I hear its closed?? can voucher be used in EJ's seen as its the same person who owns it??? there was no notice given off closing down. anyone know your rights here?

It may not have closed down. They have large posters up in all the windows indicating that its reopening soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Tesco have now changed their free parking time from 2 hours to an hour and a half. So just to let you know if you use that (awful holey) car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

magnumlady wrote: »
    Tesco have now changed their free parking time from 2 hours to an hour and a half. So just to let you know if you use that (awful holey) car park.
    Yeah, I park there every time I do shopping in Tesco.

Last Saturday week, I went in and the guy informed me of the change.

At €5 an hour (AFAIK) over that, they could make an absolute mint by enforcing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Solution:
    Shop in Dunnes. It is Irish owned and has free parking.

Slidey wrote: »
    Solution:
    To be honest, I tend to shop in both simply depending on my mood.

The only reason I go into tesco is to get different beers than normal. They are the only place I see the swing top grolsch which I like

• Advertisement

Any more word on the Tommy Hilfiger shop. Seen it had reopened yesterday but with final clearance banners up.
    Basq wrote: »
    Yeah, I park there every time I do shopping in Tesco.

Last Saturday week, I went in and the guy informed me of the change.

At €5 an hour (AFAIK) over that, they could make an absolute mint by enforcing it.

Do they still have the minimum spend to use it as well?

irish-stew wrote: »
    Do they still have the minimum spend to use it as well?
    I think so.. but that's never been enforced.

Imagine being asked to produce your receipt! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭easkey

Solution:

YA?????
    The Irish owned company that left all
    Her Irish workers out on the picket line
    In the rain and cold of Ireland (NO TALKS)
    While she went of to a Caribbean Islands!!!!.
    For 5-6 weeks in the SUN!!!!

YES – “The difference is their Irish

How Irish they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

The Bistro are back doing 12" pizzas for €10 - Monday to Thursday

That's dinner sorted tonight :pac:

The Bistro are back doing 12" pizzas for €10 - Monday to Thursday

Till when? I'm still on lent.

:(
    That's dinner sorted tonight :pac:

You'll never manage that on your own will ya?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

You'll never manage that on your own will ya?

;)

You'd be shocked at the amount of food I can put away :pac:

Not sure when they are doing it until, it said limited time only so basically whenever they feel like withdrawing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Does anyone know what the story is with either Liber Bookshop or The Book Nest. Did one of them close or something?
    The reason I ask is because I had a customer in with me this morning who asked where the bookshop had moved to, they had heard it was out in Carraroe somewhere but couldn't find it.
    They started of calling it Liber Bookshop and then called it The Booknest so I'm not sure which one it is.

Did I read somewhere, maybe here, that Liber was due to close and that Third Wave was moving into the premises?

I don't think Third Wave have moved yet anyways..

.. but someone did mention to me that The Book Nest were going to move their operations to their premises in Cleveragh Business Park. Don't know how true this is though.

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story is with either Liber Bookshop or The Book Nest. Did one of them close or something?
    The reason I ask is because I had a customer in with me this morning who asked where the bookshop had moved to, they had heard it was out in Carraroe somewhere but couldn't find it.
    They started of calling it Liber Bookshop and then called it The Booknest so I'm not sure which one it is.

Did I read somewhere, maybe here, that Liber was due to close and that Third Wave was moving into the premises?

The booknest that was across from the Garvouge has moved to the retail park, Clevragh I think.

Third wave in moving into the Liber, but will be sharing the premises with them. They will have a section at the back of the shop. Told this by the staff in Thirdwave. When this is happening I dont know.

The Booknest have always had their warehouse in Cleveragh, not sure it's open to the public though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

The booknest that was across from the Garvouge has moved to the retail park, Clevragh I think.

I used to work there and the girl I worked with told me they've moved out there, which is a bit out of the way, I can't imagine a shop out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Homebase in Sligo are selling a few nic nac's and DVDs for very cheap prices at the moment. The nic nacs (lots of small things they are probably overstocked on like bits for doors, and coasters etc) are near the middle left of the store and the DVDs are on the way out past the checkouts.

Ta thundermuppet.

Will take a spin up and have a look at the DVD's tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

magnumlady wrote: »

Thanks - had no idea it was free for tesco customers - and all this time I've been paying for parking - subsidising the rest of ye :eek:

So am I right in guessing you pay at the machine and they refund your ticket at the tills?

So am I right in guessing you pay at the machine and they refund your ticket at the tills?
    Nope, you don't pay at any machine.

You normally see cars queued up alongside the gate to get in so you wait to get waved in by the guy who works in there.

You just drive in as normal. The guy who works there take a notes of your details / reg / time as you drive past - so ensure you don't park longer than allowed.

Homebase in Sligo are selling a few nic nac's and DVDs for very cheap prices at the moment. The nic nacs (lots of small things they are probably overstocked on like bits for doors, and coasters etc) are near the middle left of the store and the DVDs are on the way out past the checkouts.
    Had a look up early on Saturday morning.

Couple of very cheap DVD's alright - Harry Hill specials for a euro, Public Enemies for €2 0 but the majority of the DVD's are the same reduced price they've been for months. And those €1 nic-nacs have been there for months too.

Thanks - had no idea it was free for tesco customers - and all this time I've been paying for parking - subsidising the rest of ye :eek:

As Basq says it's the little car park at the back of Brodericks, next to Penneys. It's grand if you are in there early enough, if not you have to wait for a spot.

Of course it would be much better if they did it the way you said.

The place opposite the NCT centre that sold cheap coal (don't know the name of it) is moving again,this time to Carraroe retail park, in the old Tile Market unit.

zorro2566 wrote: »
    The place opposite the NCT centre that sold cheap coal (don't know the name of it) is moving again,this time to Carraroe retail park, in the old Tile Market unit.
    Pet Stop I think..

.. saw the sign just outside the Retail Park as I was coming back after lunch alright.

They only moved out there so they could see real coal outside the borough boundary.
    I get my dog food from the one in town but I went to that one as it was closer to me in work, they had a poor selection out there though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

They only moved out there so they could see real coal outside the borough boundary.
    I get my dog food from the one in town but I went to that one as it was closer to me in work, they had a poor selection out there though.

Yeah, the council stopped them from selling polish coal inside the borough. Not to be dissuaded, they've just moved outside the borough... Gotta love the business acumen they have.

Advertisement