Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭waterboy15

Got a pair of north face hiking boots in call or the wild for 99 down from 170 other day, vibram sole and goretex lining heavy duty stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Centra have 2 litre bottles of Pepsi selection for a euro.

I also got possibly the most delicious biscuits in there today for a euro. They're called Quirks by McVities.
    http://www.just-food.com/news/united-biscuits-launches-mcvities-brand-extension_id115834.aspx

Wasn't mad on them.. Hazelnut and double choc ones.

I did finish the two packets though..

I bite off the top bit and try get the gooey bit and eat that alone..

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Aw I thoroughly enjoyed them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cords88

Lornen wrote: »
    Wasn't mad on them.. Hazelnut and double choc ones.

I did finish the two packets though..

I bite off the top bit and try get the gooey bit and eat that alone..

:o

why was i not offered any of these delicious sounding bikkies 0_o

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

cords88 wrote: »
    why was i not offered any of these delicious sounding bikkies 0_o

It was like 4a.m when I got home :pac:

Me and Jade WELTED into them* :P

* she actually just watched :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Limoncello are doin 12 inch pizza's with 3 toppings for 5.50 or you can get a 16 inch with 3 toppings for 7.50.They also deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

if ur a student that was always there price ask for the student menu

I never even went there,are they nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Shattered Dreamer

€5.50 for a 12inch? Where is this place?

In the Clarence,upstairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Shattered Dreamer

UrbanSea wrote: »
    In the Clarence,upstairs.

Cheers I'll have to check that out!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Pizza's aren't great there.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Connacht Gold in Sligo are offering Red Mills dog food "buy one get one free"...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

If you are looking for passport photos Cara pharmacy in Wine Street are doing them for 3euro for 6 photos. The cheapest I've found in town.

The Esso Garage on the Pearse Road have unleaded petrol for 143.9 a litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

magnumlady wrote: »
    Better than normal for Esso.. but it's only on par with the 2 cheapest service stations in town (Sligo Fuels / McPartlands on the Quays and Excol / McCormack's on Mail Coach Road).

PS - bobcar mentioned to me yesterday that they're removed all Esso branding so think they've been taken over.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Similar observation on one of the other forums yesterday, lets just hope its still that tomorrow.

irish-stew wrote: »
    Similar observation on one of the other forums yesterday, lets just hope its still that tomorrow.
    Yeah.. as I've mentioned numerous places elsewhere, it is mad to see diesel and petrol prices reverted right now.

Diesel is 4c more expensive than Petrol most places right now.

Basq wrote: »
    PS - bobcar mentioned to me yesterday that they're removed all Esso branding so think they've been taken over.

Was wondering what was different about the place last night.

:D

irish-stew wrote: »
    Was wondering what was different about the place last night.

:D
    Yeah.. I only noticed today driving past that the big Esso sign at the front is now just entirely white.

• Advertisement

Yeah.. as I've mentioned numerous places elsewhere, it is mad to see diesel and petrol prices reverted right now.

So I noticed

;)

Makes me reconsider my desire to buy a Diesel.

Noticed tonight that great gas/bunbulben filling station across the road at the junction of mail coach road was a similar price tonight, diesel was also more expensive there as well.

I saw a sign in the hairdressers opposite the Quayside (the Next end), saying Gents haircuts 5 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

i wonder would filling the tank before it goes back up be counter-productive?, as you'll be driving with extra weight using up more petrol

coolegrain wrote: »
    i wonder would filling the tank before it goes back up be counter-productive?, as you'll be driving with extra weight using up more petrol

I have been telling my mum that for the last few years and she never believes me. I just put about 20 in, it fills my tank half way.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭waterboy15

coolegrain wrote: »

What about the extra time consumed with extra stops for more frequent filling, the extra stops stars the extra idling time to pull out of said fore court and extra gear changes. And plus if you let your tank down till light comes on you are also getting dirt from bottom of tank, few things to consider.
    Oh and if it gets cold -9 i think diesel changes viscosity so more of it reduces risk.
    Jones oil finisklin and lms usually good value and quality for diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

Double Stuff oreo's now in Tescos!!

Only 5 packs left after I was in this evening and they normally only get 1-3 boxes each time, so hurry if ya want them!

Better than normal for Esso.. but it's only on par with the 2 cheapest service stations in town (Sligo Fuels / McPartlands on the Quays and Excol / McCormack's on Mail Coach Road).

Still 143.9, and yeah, definatly taken over, no Esso marking at all, and signs all over saying Esso fuel card no longer accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

was in donegal over the weekend and i notices over a large portion of the county fuel prices tend to be cheaper than sligo.in alot cases diesel two to five cent cheaper than our stations.
    why is sligo allways more expensive with fuel

• Advertisement

sligono1 wrote: »
    was in donegal over the weekend and i notices over a large portion of the county fuel prices tend to be cheaper than sligo.in alot cases diesel two to five cent cheaper than our stations.
    why is sligo allways more expensive with fuel

Depends which part of Donegal. North Donegal or around Letterkenny I have noticed is on par with Sligo Town, but south Donegal I have never noticed it being cheeper.

Advertisement