Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Currys have some console games reduced to 10 euro eac or 3 for 25 euro including Just Dance for the wii and quite a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Shocking to see a nine month gap between the last two posts. It doesn't say much about the bargains on offer in Sligo. The country is in the depths of a recession and yet many retail outlets remain way too mean to offer us any value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Shocking to see a nine month gap between the last two posts. It doesn't say much about the bargains on offer in Sligo. The country is in the depths of a recession and yet many retail outlets remain way too mean to offer us any value.

Don't think that's how businesses work...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Wetsuits and items from the old Outerpoint shop are on sale in Enable Ireland. Prices from 10 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Homstore & More are selling off the pet treats they had on offer last month at 50c a pack. My dogs are sorted for about 6 months :D Apologies to everyone who was queuing behind me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Don't think that's how businesses work...

So where are the bargains then? Or have you not noticed the lack of posts in this thread for 2012? Many businesses prioritise maintaining their margins or indeed raising them, rather than passing on a potential saving to the customer.

This shortsighted business strategy will always fail, because it stifles growth and potential market consolidation in the long term. Sadly, Ireland remains one of the most over priced countries in the EU. It was one of the most expensive countries before the collapse and it remains so after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

So where are the bargains then? Or have you not noticed the lack of posts in this thread for 2012? Many businesses prioritise maintaining their margins or indeed raising them, rather than passing on a potential saving to the customer.

This shortsighted business strategy will always fail, because it stifles growth and potential market consolidation in the long term. Sadly, Ireland remains one of the most over priced countries in the EU. It was one of the most expensive countries before the collapse and it remains so after it.

I agree so much with what Corvus has said here.Businesses seem willing to go out of business rather than offer goods/services at a reasonable price.The main culprites in my opinion are cafes and restaurants.I was in Costas Coffee about 2 hours ago and paid 5.20 for a tea and a cappuchino.That is absolutly crazy.These places offer no special deals,no loyalty schemes...nothing.Its such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Costa Coffee does have a loyalty card. But it can be used at their UK cafés only. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Ejs mens wear.

Two pairs of jeans for 50E
    suits Half price.

Thats all I know as far as sales/offers go.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Cara Pharmacy are offering 20% off all fragrances this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Bessie

Barrys Pharmacy in Tubbercurry have 50% off most of their stock today and tomorrow to celebrate 50 years in business, includes perfumes, aftershave, baby products, straighteners etc. Picked up some lovely gifts this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

slightly off line but an interesting observation

Was in Castlebar recently, O Briens(?) cafe latte was €2.50 from memory of the price board... across the road in Tescos cafe ( which is leased out ) latte only €1.20

bit of a difference...can Sligo compete?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭warriorpoet

Gillette "Mach 3" razors on promotion in Tesco Sligo.... Normally about €19 for pack of eight (almost €2.50 each), they have a promo stand with a pack with new razor and 15 refills for €25 - a little over €1.55 each, with new razor handle as a bonus... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

if only I could offload all the handles ive accumulated...wonder would Gumtree be interested in an ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Gillette "Mach 3" razors on promotion in Tesco Sligo.... Normally about €19 for pack of eight (almost €2.50 each), they have a promo stand with a pack with new razor and 15 refills for €25 - a little over €1.55 each, with new razor handle as a bonus... :-)

I was in there this evening and didnt see it, unless they didnt have the typical yellow label

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I was in there this evening and didnt see it, unless they didnt have the typical yellow label
    Think it's at the end of the aisle with shampoo etc (opposite the fridge) and next to the aisle with crisps etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭marky1905

Forget sligo bargains , you'll all be up north this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

marky1905 wrote: »
    Forget sligo bargains , you'll all be up north this weekend!

Dont think so. Every time I go to Enniskilan, there is less 'Southern' registered cars each time.

Yes a few do still go up and get the odd bargain, but unless your spending big money, its not really worth it.

irish-stew wrote: »
    Dont think so. Every time I go to Enniskilan, there is less 'Southern' registered cars each time.

Yes a few do still go up and get the odd bargain, but unless your spending big money, its not really worth it.

Thats cause the're all up at sprucefield or asda in antrim, big day out eh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭warriorpoet

Basq wrote: »
    Think it's at the end of the aisle with shampoo etc (opposite the fridge) and next to the aisle with crisps etc.

Yup, thanks Basq.... that's where it was when I got them anyway!!

• Advertisement

its at the end of the ai!!sle baby, dont put me in the fridge though , i'll steal the fish fingers!!

good bargains in derry this year, the'll let you leave for free!!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I was up in Enniskillen yesterday and there were lots of ROI cars in the ADSA car park. I go mainly to get things unavailable down here and for the better variety, oh, and to experience friendly shop staff once in a while.

Lakeland (kitchen stuff) have opened in the shopping centre. Milletts are gone and Yankee Candles have moved to just across from Costa Coffee, where a jewellers used to be.

:)

sorry about the posts last nite lol !! was a bit drunk!! :D

Just checked my post there lol, what was i on about stealing fish fingers lol :confused:

Sainsburys sprucefield on a saturday 1 in 4 cars are southern registration, they,re all over the place. Is it still a rip off down there? maybe take a trip down south some time, only been down once and that was to get a flight from dublin airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

we still go down to enniskillen,Asda is a far better supermarket than most of ours in sligo put together,better range value and great staff i have always found them so helpful.

sligono1 wrote: »
    we still go down to enniskillen,Asda is a far better supermarket than most of ours in sligo put together,better range value and great staff i have always found them so helpful.

How can you go down to enniskillen, if enniskillen is up the north? :eek:

There is also an Asda in sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There is also an Asda in sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Where is the Asda in Sligo?

Not trying to be rude, but are you confusing it with Aldi?

• Advertisement

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Where is the Asda in Sligo?

Not trying to be rude, but are you confusing it with Aldi?

:o Whoops, Ya I was.

Advertisement