Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

sligotrue wrote:
    i did but it was forbidden and it didnt contain any false advertising or bad language:confused:

It may not have been false advertising but was it advertising?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

sligotrue wrote:
    i did but it was forbidden and it didnt contain any false advertising or bad language:confused:
    I havent a clue as to what you are on about. PM with the details of this so called thread that was "forbidden"

Edit: just an update on this in relation to sligotrue. You became a member on 9/09/2007. You have 12 posts. You started 2 threads in the North West forum - one about global warming and one about a superpub. neither thread was moderated.

Now please explain to me what you are talking about as this issue is taking up time that I dont have.

The rest of you get back on topic before I get the whip :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

(Ducks the whip!)

According to the Website it is to open on the 25th October. Virgin is still listed as a shop there?!?!?

Apart from the new tenants (or lack thereof) I have to say the building itself looks really nice.

Looking forward to the opening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Virgin in whatever guise or brand name are coming.

So they are coming but as a different name???

Wow I haven't been in here in like a day and a lot has happened. I'm so confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

ive an interview for Vila tomorow so wish me luck people really need the money for college lol!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Good luck with the interview flynnser.
    If Virgin ain't coming then I ain't going near the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

I think you'll have to take a little peek at least MagnumLady!

I see there's a place called 'The Jean Scene' going in, I'm looking forward to having a look in there

Well I might have a tiny look, just for research purposes :D

magnumlady wrote:
    Well I might have a tiny look, just for research purposes :D
    A polite way of being nosey :D

What happened here ;)

Everyone gone to sleep for the weekend unlike us mods who have 24 hour shifts - well we clock in for an hour after coming in from the boozer :D

• Advertisement

muffler wrote:
    What happened here ;)

Everyone gone to sleep for the weekend unlike us mods who have 24 hour shifts - well we clock in for an hour after coming in from the boozer :D

I'm normally around the weekend but I had an excuse this weekend!
    On the píss for my birthday!:D
    Bit rough today though!:o :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sligotrue

so you got no time then muffler. what do you be doing:D

sligotrue wrote:
    so you got no time then muffler. what do you be doing:D
    Dont get ****ing stroppy with me on a Monday morning. I asked you to respond about allegations you made that you posted something that was not acceptable and instead of providing the details you just want to take the piss here.

Red card for 1 week.

Use the time to think of your usefulness here as I dont have the time for this sh1te.

Gillie wrote:
    Bit rough today though!:o :(
    i know the feeling ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

sligotrue wrote:
    So what do you have to do to post a new thread on the northwest page apart from talk about the new shopping mall
    Start a thread about how lucky you all are to be in Sligo.

As you're so close to Donegal. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

muffler wrote:
    Dont get ****ing stroppy with me on a Monday morning. I asked you to respond about allegations you made that you posted something that was not acceptable and instead of providing the details you just want to take the piss here.

Red card for 1 week.

Use the time to think of your usefulness here as I dont have the time for this sh1te.

Bit harsh , is it only the mods that are allowed have any banter , I would have thought the use of a smilie by sligotrue would have shown they were only having a bit of fun.

gustavo wrote:
    Bit harsh , is it only the mods that are allowed have any banter , I would have thought the use of a smilie by sligotrue would have shown they were only having a bit of fun.
    On face value it may seem harsh but if you read back you will that sligotrue made unfounded statements alleging that he had a thread censored or moderated. I have trawled back through posts I deleted and PMs I sent in order to see what he was alluding to and hopefully sort the matter out but I couldn't find anything.

The statement he made would reflect negatively on both myself and nanook particularly since it is without substance. I asked him for details but all I got was a smart arsed reply - smiley or no smiley.

As I said I am busy at work and I haven't the time to be running around on a wild goose chase just because someone decides to post lies

In any event thank you for the comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

gustavo wrote:

We are all busy people who could do without time wasters but I've got to agree that this forum is very strict to say the least....

:D:D (2 smilies just to be safe!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 liverpool4sam

virgin is definitely going to be in shopping centre looked in door other day and its there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 liverpool4sam

also as im completely new to boards, hello everyone, did someone get banned and was it muffler? and what does moderator mean. i know im dumb but i just started using pcs so dont know reeeeeeeely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

also as im completely new to boards, hello everyone, did someone get banned and was it muffler? and what does moderator mean. i know im dumb but i just started using pcs so dont know reeeeeeeely
    A moderator keeps an eye on the forum they moderate. If somebody steps out of line, they can be banned for a period of time from that particular forum.

Read the charter...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I'm doing a whip-round for Solphadine and Coffee for Sligo Boardies on Monday mornings.
    :D:D:D (3 just in case!)

Anyone hear anymore about Virgin? Its not looking good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Well I have heard nothing at all. That post back on the other page about it not coming was the first and last I heard about it but i'm sure if it isn't coming then the Sligo Weekender, Champion or Post will have something about it in the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I heard again today that its not opening. All speculation I guess.

Are you new here? Dont think so.:rolleyes:
    Did someone get banned? Yes - you :D
    What does moderator mean? A person who checks for dual accounts. :)

Stay in your seat and you are about to find out ;)

We are all busy people who could do without time wasters but I've got to agree that this forum is very strict to say the least....

:D:D (2 smilies just to be safe!)
    And that is why we have a damn good forum here - no time wasters.

Oh, and talking about time wasters you will see that the so called New user, liverpool4sam has just been hit with a site wide ban. That was actually sligotrue who re-registered with a new account and will not now have his original account activated here again for at least 3 months.

Talking of bans Muffler and sorry for going off topic, any news about andyr?

magnumlady wrote:
    Talking of bans Muffler and sorry for going off topic, any news about andyr?
    there might be a wee breakdown in communication between us in relation to this matter. I will PM you later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Theres a big ad in the Champion advertising the big opening on the 25th of October at 11am with Virgin featuring prominently in the ad.

Advertisement