Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

gustavo wrote:
    Theres a big ad in the Champion advertising the big opening on the 25th of October at 11am with Virgin featuring prominently in the ad.

Ahh cool, I can relax now, hopefully I'll be there.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 john59

sueme wrote:
    IMO, bring them on! The more shops, the more customers the town and the Retail Parks will attract. We have a fabulous town, in a gorgeous county, with so much to offer visitors and residents alike.

I went shopping in Carrick last Sunday, and the week before, it was Enniskillen. I say shopping, but really its a recce to see what other retailers are doing! Its just EASIER to shop in these places. Parking, free parking, good infratructure, nice varieties of High Street and Independent stores, public toilets, these are all the things we need, and I agree, if we don't provide them, our customers will go elsewhere.
    your right igo to carrick and enniskillen alot i think the people in the town hall are making a mess of sligo there forcing people out of sligo

Did anyone hear the advert for Johnston Court on Ocean fm :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

magnumlady wrote:
    Did anyone hear the advert for Johnston Court on Ocean fm :eek:
    No but obviously it was shocking?:confused: #
    Do tell!

Well it wasn't shocking but it was crap!
    The same old boring womans voice, nothing mad about that, but the 'song' at the beginnning and end of the ad....oh dear, oh dear....who comes up with them.
    Its really sappy and goes: 'Johnston Court in the heart of Sligo' just rubbish!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Pahahahaha
    I can just imagine it!
    I did work experience in Ocean, Oh Dear God, It wasn't really work experience it was more like worst experience :eek:
    Same 3 people do ALL their ads.

I probably wont hear the ad :( I don't listen to Ocean but I suppose if you put on ocean for a few minutes you could catch the ad because all that's on that station is ad's!!

Pahahahaha
    I can just imagine it!
    I did work experience in Ocean, Oh Dear God, It wasn't really work experience it was more like worst experience :eek:
    Same 3 people do ALL their ads.

I probably wont hear the ad :( I don't listen to Ocean but I suppose if you put on ocean for a few minutes you could catch the ad because all that's on that station is ad's!!

I can imagine, that Roemer furniture ad makes me want to hit my head off the wall:eek:!!!!

To be fair they are a small outfit and depend heavily on Advertising!
    The JC ad would have been written by the JC people I would imagine so all Ocean could be faulted for is the delivery!

Just sayin is all...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

walked past the centre today, and to be honest, looks no different to what it ws two weeks ago, although there was a bit of activity in the windows of the wine street enterence,

cant see it being opened when they say, i will be very surprised if it is

Ah they will get it done!

And Virgin is defo going in, I heard they were training their staff yesterday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

magnumlady wrote: »
    Well it wasn't shocking but it was crap!
    The same old boring womans voice, nothing mad about that, but the 'song' at the beginnning and end of the ad....oh dear, oh dear....who comes up with them.
    Its really sappy and goes: 'Johnston Court in the heart of Sligo' just rubbish!

The ad music/song would be done by a company in England as thats where most of those type of music jingles are done and a marketing company orchestrate that.

The Roemer Ad is pretty annoying alright but annoying ads have serious marketing potential as everyone remembers them..hence even mention on the boards so in effect job done I'd say.

Back to JC I hear Virgin are opening with a big giveaway!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Ah they will get it done!

And Virgin is defo going in, I heard they were training their staff yesterday!

So they want their customer service to be right up there with the best in Sligo. One days training:D

Well no I think it's 3 days training!!!

The ad music/song would be done by a company in England as thats where most of those type of music jingles are done and a marketing company orchestrate that.

The Roemer Ad is pretty annoying alright but annoying ads have serious marketing potential as everyone remembers them..hence even mention on the boards so in effect job done I'd say.

Back to JC I hear Virgin are opening with a big giveaway!!!!

Wow Never before have I heard someone stick up or Ocean. Shocking:eek:

Ocean has a fan:eek:

Woo that big giveaway sounds good :D

If you look in the window the Virgin Shopfront is visible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Rozbeef

yep virgin is there. right at the back of the complex. looks pretty empty apart from that though.

the opening is going to be a bit rushed i'd say..

also on another note the left bank is reopening in 2 weeks time till the end of the year...

Rozbeef wrote: »
    yep virgin is there. right at the back of the complex. looks pretty empty apart from that though.

the opening is going to be a bit rushed i'd say..

also on another note the left bank is reopening in 2 weeks time till the end of the year...

???
    As it was or did they do anything with it yet?

nope haven't done anything to it yet. sounds like the owners hadn't thought it through properly. there's sligo live and the rallye in the next few weeks. so likely to attract a fair few people to sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

So it's gonna reopen for Halloween...?

The Left Bank that is...

i guess so... halloween at the left bank is good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

WHOOOO!!!!!

Yup I was lookin forward to that, have been at it the last few years. Was a tad p'd off to say the least to hear it had closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Hello everyone!
    Anyone knows where i can fill some application form or leave cv to work in this Johnston court centre:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

devil-80 wrote:
    Anyone knows where i can fill some application form or leave cv to work in this Johnston court centre
    You'd have to leave an application form into the store directly at this stage i'd imagine.. and i'd say (seeing as it's opening in just over a week's time) most the jobs they were looking for are already filled.

I know they were doing interviews for Virgin and Pamela Scott recently. Probably no harm to print a load of your CV's out and drop them into the stores you wish to apply to on the day they open.

Best of luck!

Ok Thx for answer:)

So i will go on the open,and leave my cv directly to this store or fill some application,i hope i find there something for me.I have to find something quickly.
    So if someone have some information about job in Sligo city plz send me PM (if thats no problem)

Regards

devil-80 wrote: »
    Ok Thx for answer:)

So i will go on the open,and leave my cv directly to this store or fill some application,i hope i find there something for me.I have to find something quickly.
    So if someone have some information about job in Sligo city plz send me PM (if thats no problem)

Regards

Try the Quay side aswell.
    Coming up to Xmas there may be a lot of retail firms looking for staff!

I tried to Quay side (Next,tk maxx).Thx for advice.

I heard an ad for Penney or Dunnes recently suggesting that "you join their team" leading up to Xmas. Might be worth a try?
    Also up at the Retail park? PC World (Anyone can work there!) or Homebase or Halfords?
    Good luck!

Ok today i Try at the Retail park(but first must change something in my cv,delete not important things).Once again thank you:)

There's also Curry's up there.
    (They need all the staff they can get! Trust me!)

• Advertisement

Ok i trust you:)

Advertisement