Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Rozbeef

extravision looking for staff too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Rozbeef wrote: »
    extravision looking for staff too :-)
    And where it is?(Retail park?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Xtravision is right between the Cinema and the Clarence Hotel on Wine Street.

Ok i find the job is SMYTHS,tommorow i stard.Wish me good luck.Thx for help:)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Best of luck devil-80

• Advertisement

Best of luck man. Let us know how you go

Ok,i'll give you post tommorow,when i come back from work.Have a nice day.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

devil-80 wrote: »
    Have a nice day.
    Your da doesn't work for Dell customer care by any chance? :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

muffler wrote: »
    Your da doesn't work for Dell customer care by any chance? :D

I think you are thinking of clearwire.

@muffler sorry but i don't understand you;)

• Advertisement

Now you've got something in common with 95% of the North West forum anyways! :D

I think you are thinking of clearwire.
    Nah..........

Common complaint that.;)
    just a joke. Thats what the Dell operators always say when finishing a call.

basquille wrote: »
    Now you've got something in common with 95% of the North West forum anyways! :D
    Moved to the comedy forum :D

Ok,now i understand more:rolleyes:

From the Sligo Champion:

Johnston Court opens next week amid a party atmosphere

The developers have extended an open invitation to the people of Sligo to join in the carnival which heralds the arrival of 28 retail outlets, restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar, providing shoppers in Sligo with a new and unique offering.Nessa O'Brien, who is currently putting the final touches to the launch party on the 25th, said that there would be so much activity goin

Sligo city centre will erupt with colour, music, entertainment and a party atmosphere as Johnston Court, the much lauded new shopping mall for the North West, opens its doors for the first time at 11.00am on Thursday week, October 25th.
    The developers have extended an open invitation to the people of Sligo to join in the carnival which heralds the arrival of 28 retail outlets, restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar, providing shoppers in Sligo with a new and unique offering.

Nessa O'Brien, who is currently putting the final touches to the launch party on the 25th, said that there would be so much activity going on throughout the day that an electric atmosphere would be felt all over the city from early morning through to dusk.

"Everyone who has been involved with the Johnston Court development is so delighted with the finished product that we had to mark the launch in style, celebrating Sligo's newest landmark," said Ms. O'Brien.

The celebrations will kick off at 11am with an official ribbon cutting ceremony. Music will then fill the air as the hundreds of anticipated visitors glimpse, for the first time, the six metre high, light filled interior while enjoying a myriad of characters, clowns, jugglers and magicians dispersed throughout the centre for their entertainment.

"We will also be giving away dozens of great prizes right throughout the day so it will be a non stop party for all.

"We are confident that Johnston Court will become a place of many more great experiences in the years to come.

"A place to meet friends or the perfect setting for a quiet cup of coffee; the place to shop in comfort or the right spot for a leisurely browse Johnston Court really will offer something for everyone," said Ms. O'Brien.

Developers, Ray and Eileen Monahan have spent almost five years seeing the project through from inception to completion and have had a huge, personal input into the development of the 110,000sq ft mall.

"They would be delighted if everyone would join them to mark this landmark event," said Ms. O'Brien.

Johnston Court will house a range of leading international and domestic brands, many of which will open in Sligo and indeed, Ireland, for the first time.

Shoppers will be able to visit, amongst others; Esprit Black; Tom Tailor; Tommy Hilfiger; Vila; Exit; Jack & Jones; Pamela Scott; Elvery's; H Samuel; Virgin Megastore; The Bag Shop; Lbees Shoes; 3; Claire's Accessories; Mullaney's; Only; Mauds; Peter Mark; Sony; Costa Coffee and Jump Juice.

The centrepiece of the Mall - a magnificent winding staircase - leads to a first and second floor coffee shop which overlooks O‚Connell Street and provides a real focus for the centre.

Johnston Court will have 28, two-storey shops and a juice bar, coffee shop and restaurant.

The Mall will be covered with an elaborate glazed roof, six metre high and, together with double height entrances, will allow for maximum natural light penetration.

The extent of natural light is complemented by internal lighting of blue and white and the Mall is floored and decorated throughout with Jura Limestone.

Douglas Wallace Architects have sympathetically married the building's original frontage, which faces onto O'Connell Street, with a galleria style pedestrian mall leading onto the Wine Street Car Park Johnston Court is developers Ray and Eileen Monahan's first major retail development. They have already completed office and commercial developments in Sligo and Dublin.

Hey! Tommorow it's my 3 day in SMYTH(i work in Sundays).At the beggining it's very hard found toys in store,when you know its name(because there is many many toys).I have minimal wage and contract for only 2 months,i hope find something,when i finish this job.

Hey! Tommorow it's my 3 day in SMYTH(i work in Sundays).At the beggining it's very hard found toys in store,when you know its name(because there is many many toys).I have minimal wage and contract for only 2 months,i hope find something,when i finish this job.

Start looking now. You know that sometimes it suits companies if you can't start for 4 weeks but you'll have to gauge the interviews correctly.

You seem very keen to work devil-80. I like that!:D

Best of luck with your future in Sligo. Hope it works out and keep us posted!

Off course i'm looking something(but now i have less time).Ok i must go to work.Nice sunday.

Just a gentle reminder to stay on topic please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Just my opinion but i don't think there is much else to say on JC until it actually opens...then we can give our views on it and see if it lives up to our expectations

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Just my opinion but i don't think there is much else to say on JC until it actually opens...then we can give our views on it and see if it lives up to our expectations

Well in fairness the hot topics about JC have been:
    1) Opening date or lack there off
    2) Only a few "new" shops going in
    3) No Parking

All these topics are relevant to the discussion here but naturally if someone asks about employment in JC the topic tends to stray!

The waiting is over this Thursday and i'd say we'll all be posting our views of the Mall after that.

• Advertisement

Girlfriend was telling me friends of hers are queuing outside it to get in first on Thursday at 11am.

Couldn't help but think what sad sad people we have in our midst.. i mean it isn't open for a limited time, they won't close their doors when it reaches maximum occupancy! :D

Probably will take a wander over on Thursday after work. Anyone have ideas of opening times? Really going in for Virgin / Sony.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That's ridiculous. I might go in for a gander after college on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

might just leave it till friday morning before i head to work, working till 9pm the night before

im going to go in saturady,i chose to go to dublin with the girlfriend on thursday...such a day to choose to go away

I'm on a promise on thursday so won't get to see it till the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I'm in college all week, so I'll probably pop in on Saturday morning. I'm just interested in Virgin really, seeing as everywhere else is mostly franchises of Sligo stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Rozbeef

what time are all the shops likely to close at do you think? if there's café's and stuff like that, maybe they'll be open later? or possibly one late night a week, like quayside did?

i would have thought it would be open late on thursdays to compete with quayside

They'll definately want to compete and rightly so.
    We need more of that!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I can't get in there until Saturday either :(
    I'm only really interested in Virgin though.
    I walked past today and the floor is down, the first unit on the left is boarded up, the second uniton the left is that Bag Store (or something like that).
    I had to laugh on Saturday I was listening to a bit of the shopping spree launch and a business man (I won't name him) was saying how there is no parking problem in town :D and how we now have no need to shop elsewhere as we have every shop that everyother town has.
    So where is the Argos then or have I just walked past it?

Advertisement