Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

magnumlady wrote: »
    I can't get in there until Saturday either :(
    I'm only really interested in Virgin though.
    I walked past today and the floor is down, the first unit on the left is boarded up, the second uniton the left is that Bag Store (or something like that).
    I had to laugh on Saturday I was listening to a bit of the shopping spree launch and a business man (I won't name him) was saying how there is no parking problem in town :D and how we now have no need to shop elsewhere as we have every shop that everyother town has.
    So where is the Argos then or have I just walked past it?

I was in Connaughton Road car park on Saturday.
    Went to the 1st parking machine and it was out of order.
    Trekked up the the only other one in that car park and popped in €3.
    There was a sign saying no change given so I thought fair enough - I lose 50 cent. Try inserting the money 3 times and each time it spat it out!
    Gave up and left the car without a ticket!

Hadn't got time to go around looking for another machine!
    They are a joke!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

walked past the o'connell street entrence this evening, doesn't look like all the units are taken up yet, although still looks like the actual centre will be opening in the morning, say they'll be working quite late tonight or even through it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

In one of the papers today there was a floorplan and yeah its seems that not all of the units are occupied yet.

There was an ad in the champion saying Shayne Ward will be at the official opening of Virgin on the 1st of Nov. I'm not much of a fan or anything but that is a pretty good celebrity. It'll be worth a look in, twill be quite a view.

In one of the papers today there was a floorplan and yeah its seems that not all of the units are occupied yet.

There was an ad in the champion saying Shayne Ward will be at the official opening of Virgin on the 1st of Nov. I'm not much of a fan or anything but that is a pretty good celebrity. It'll be worth a look in, twill be quite a view.

any links, or can the paper be quoted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

I dunno, I just seen the ad.

But even Hotpress say he is coming, so it must be true :eek:
    http://www.hotpress.com/news/4187586.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, it's true. It was rumoured he was due to open the Shopping Centre today, but Jimmy Devins is opening it instead.

From Shayne Ward to Jimmy Devins!

What about our own celebs Westlife?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Danny Dusky. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I was just in it. It looks nice but I'll probably never use any of the shops in there.

I was just in it. It looks nice but I'll probably never use any of the shops in there.
    Really?! I've been told you have a fondness for Pamela Scott, AC? ;)

PS - will only use Virgin and Sony meself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

basquille wrote: »
    Really?! I've been told you have a fondness for Pamela Scott, AC? ;)

PS - will only use Virgin and Sony meself.

Nah, I used to. Some of their older stuff was to die for. :D

I'll only be using sony and virgin as well. I thought 3 were meant to be in there. I didn't see them well I was in it today although I was really hungover so I could have missed it.

Nah, I used to. Some of their older stuff was to die for. :D

I'll only be using sony and virgin as well. I thought 3 were meant to be in there. I didn't see them well I was in it today although I was really hungover so I could have missed it.

i heard 3 were going in as well, but looking at it last night there still seemed to be a few units to fill, havn't been down there yet today, what time open till tonight, will prop just go in tomorow morning instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Yes 3 are going in there.There was a floor plan of where the shope are going to be
    Elverys looks as if it might be quite big,are they just opening a @nd shop or are they re-loacting
    Any idea of the bookshop yet? I did hear it woild be Hughes&Hughes but thats not looking very promising

3 is opening next week apparently.

Girlfriend phoned me about an hour ago and said it's quite nice but most places aren't even open yet.

its like when Quayside opened,alot of the shops hadnt opened...i think it would be better if all the shops opened on the day the shopping centre opens

Has the Sony place opened yet

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Has the Sony place opened yet
    Yeah, Sony's opened alright.

One of the first things i asked.. am looking for a new TV and they've a 32" HD LCD for €899 which isn't bad for a Sony!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Is Virgin open , might hop in tommorow on my day off if it is.

Virgin is by far the best shop in there. Some nice DVD deals!
    Very spacious store.

It was wedged at 12 today!

Open until 6 every evening except Thursday & Friday when it is open til 9!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

including tonight?

Don't see why not!

• Advertisement

Going in after work so...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I managed to get in there today, not too impressed to be honest.
    Too many empty units, not a sign of a toilet, although I couldn't get to the cafe as it was too packed to have a look.
    Virgin is brill, deffo the best store in there.
    Sony seems to be run by McDonaghs.
    There is a great kids shop called Exit, seems to have some good prices.
    I won a 50 euro voucher too for Jack & Jones:D

damn you on winning that..how did you win it?

i agree,there is way too many empty units...im not all that impressed either,didnt go into the shops though,I was in a hurry

Went in.. was quite nice but didn't like the uphill tilt from the O Connell Street entrance.

Virgin and Sony were the best stores in there. The staff in Sony were excellent - and knew exactly what they were talking about. In Virgin, the 3 for 30 euro / 5 for 50 euro offer would have been great if i hadn't been in HMV in Dublin yesterday and got 3 for 30 in there (practically the same selection).

The other stores i wasn't too pushed about..!

damn you on winning that..how did you win it?

i agree,there is way too many empty units...im not all that impressed either,didnt go into the shops though,I was in a hurry

There was guy there on a stage that looked like a skinny Johnny Logan (I had to do a double take!!) He was asking questions and I got one of them right:D

Well lucky you then...I bet it was a simple question though

I wonder what the news is on the bookshop...does anyone know if there will be one?

Well lucky you then...I bet it was a simple question though

I wonder what the news is on the bookshop...does anyone know if there will be one?

Are you calling me thick:D:D (simple question pah!)
    They asked how many men and how many hours it took to build the centre;)

No they asked the name of the wine shop.

So yes then it was a simple question...all you probably had to do was turn your head and it was behind you

It was advertised that there is going to be 28 shops...to me it doesnt look as if there is going to be 28

2 more points. I agree that there is far too many empty units but at least when they are used, it should be much more efficiently laid out than Quayside.

magnumlady was spot on. There's no toilet as i heard my niece was in need of a change and there was no toilet or baby-changing facilities.

These two points bring me to the point that they should have delayed of the opening of the store for another week or two but obviously the constant push-backs in opening dates forced them to open it. Poor decision making in my opinion really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

I just come back ,for me it's BIG NOTHING;)

Advertisement