Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what food do you hate so much it makes you want to gawk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

bluewolf wrote: »
    Mushrooms.
    the smell of mushroom soup makes me want to throw up

Agreed. The smell, the taste, the texture, everything about them is just disgusting.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Celery is the only acceptable answer. Asde from its evident vileness it is absolutely useless as a food product, requiring more calories to eat it than it provides.

And almonds in second place. It's no coincidence that cyanide whiffs of it.

And 'gawk' means to stare slack-jawed at something.

And 'tuna' does not equate to threads of old fish in brine. It is truly a prince amongst foods. As is blue cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Beans. I despise them. I can't even eat anything that they've been on the same plate as, unless they've been thoroughly cut around.

I'm not mad aout tomatoes, but they don't have enough flavour to complain about.

I hate normal fish, but I like prawns, shrimp, tuna, crawfish and that type of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Boiled cabbage..ughhhh!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

95% of foods :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

i like most of the foods mentioned, i like most foods to be honest.
    but not cauliflower, its a stupid evil pale feel wrong in your mouth food.
    or tripe, what the **** is that about? its like spilling hot milk on carpet and eating it
    and stupid cheesecake gives me a pain in my head. i think one of the main ingredients is hate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Paté for me. Everything about it, texture, taste, the way is sticks to your tongue for about a month after you've eaten it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2stageturbo

Taco fries !
    Muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Dime Bars, or whatever they're called now. Disgusting Yokes!

Just the thought of them makes me gag!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭echter

i love fish and cheese mmmmm

spuds are rotten - flowery, mashed, baked, roasted, stewed, boiled, fried ugh horrible makes me want to spew all over my mam.

i like chips though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Awful Scut Mk2

bluewolf wrote: »
    Mushrooms.
    the smell of mushroom soup makes me want to throw up

This is the only sane person on the thread.

The rest of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Broccoli? Tapioca? Porridge???? Yis are what my grandmother used to call pukes.

Now mushrooms on the other hand, are a fungus and a revolting foodstuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Garlic in any of it's evil guises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Cucumber, thet stuff is f*ckin' awful, even the smell turns my stomach! Liver is evil, Jeez it makes me gawk just thinking of them both.
    Oh i forgot Turkish Delight, Celary, Marmite and Bovril :eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Steyr wrote: »
    Guess what just because where your from in Ireland doesnt mean its the same anywhere else, i too am Irish and from Galway City and 'Gawk' is to puke, seems everybody else here understands.

I think i will also add The tomato to my list along with fish, basically its just water....:p

oh right, didn't realise it was a culchie thing. that may explain it. meanwhile me and the rest of the world will go with the actual meaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Hey we're culchie and proud of it! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

sprouts are pretty foul things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Fussy bastards. I eat almost everything bar beetroot. Can't stand that stuff. I just like food really :)
    The one thing that makes me almost gag is the smell of boiled milk. Horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Rice Pudding. Couldn't stomach it ever since I was ickle. The texture and taste.....just no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Eggs, Liver, Tuna ugh!

I was in Dunnes once with my aunt at the Deli, the woman in the queue ahead of us was looking for this stuff called "Braun". It looked ROTTEN! Apparently its fat and stuff put together ughjahdashd! lol
    Even the name turns my stomach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Glad to see there's a few people who agree with my garlic hating (everyone I know always thinks I'm weird)

Wouldn't be mad on cream either; or fry ups; or eggs; or beans; ooh King crisps...the smell even turns my stomach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Mashed Potato
    Oysters
    Onions
    Butter
    Coddle
    Macaroni Cheese

All of them foul!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Cabbage
    Liver
    Mushy Peas
    Baked Beans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

ive never been able to stand beans or vinegar...even just the smell of vinegar turns my stomach.we were using it in chemistry the other day and i had to leave...just despise it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

Fish of any sort. (except cod) strong cheeses such as goats or parmesam. Brussels sprouts.
    lamb - gross even the smell of it.
    Root beer - smells like mouth wash, how can anyone drink it.
    Broccoli.
    Coconut. Malibu.

I dont mind the taste of kidney beans but i hate the texture of eating them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

fish..of all kinds
    Broccoli
    Sprouts
    Cabbage
    Raw tomatoes

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Don't know if this counts but bulmers nearly makes me vomit. Even the smell of it. I used to love it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

copacetic wrote: »
    oh right, didn't realise it was a culchie thing. that may explain it. meanwhile me and the rest of the world will go with the actual meaning.

Yes Galway CITY is a culchie place..:rolleyes: And where might you be from?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

tofu is disgusting, just thinking about it makes me want to huey

Damn right. I had some the other night - I wasn't sure if I was actually eating it! There was no taste and no resistance when I was trying to chew it :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭onechewy

celery.....BLEUGHH...!!!!!

even typing the word makes me shudder.. grugh...*..shudder..*

Of all the scary veg, I'd eat a sack of aubergine if it meant I didn't have to touch celery... it gives me the mega willies : *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Brussels sprouts...or slimy stuff like oysters...or weird stuff like horse..bleugh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Mushrooms - the non-magical kind. Anything like coleslaw or mayo. BBQ sauce a big no for me. And after that I'll eat anything that's not bolted down.

<edit> a cheese and sugar mix - never again ... we were drunk

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

My three top turn-offs when it comes to food:

Pears - absolutely fcukin' minging yolks, like gone off apples that someone has dropped in sand. Gritty horrible things, would defo blow chunks if I ate one.

Any sea insect - prawns etc.. Would you eat cockroaches/beetles? Why eat ones that walk around under water? bleuughh!!!!! Also oysters, muscles etc.. - why? Food that is squashy or rubbery is a no no AFAIC.

Liver, kidney etc. - they are organs. Meat = good, organs = bad. Organs process stuff and make piss, WTF would anyone want to eat organs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Fussy bastards. I eat almost everything bar beetroot. Can't stand that stuff. I just like food really :)

and your weight is ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

black pudding

haddock

packet and tripe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Liver... mostly due to the texture

Duck liver paté is tasty stuff however

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Celery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

sprouts, cabbage and cottage cheese apart from that i would eat anything. Also if i was drunk i would prob eat sprouts, cabbage and cottage cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

I really hate lamb it still smells like wool when it's cooked also I could throw up when I think of duck it's rotten and a lot of green veg like sprouts, cabbage, broccoli etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Porridge
    Custard
    Rice Pudding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I hate all the sprouts/cabbage/broccoli-bashing. Gorgeous stuff so they are!!!

Porridge is the best food in the world.

No food makes me actually throw up but mayonnaise in anything but very small quantities is a bit nauseating. The foods I don't like are olives and apricots and kiwis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

Wow, I'd hate to dislike what you guys hate.

I love all foods, and I'll eat anything.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Even tofu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

mkdon05 wrote: »
    cheese!
    6. Melted cheese on anything - whats the story! cheesy chips, cheesy spuds, cheesy cauliflower i could go on!!!
    Blisterman wrote: »
    Also Cheese .....

All of you are dead to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

Sweetcorn, eggs, mayonnaise, any meat/fish, Turkish delight, mushrooms.

But sweetcorn is definitely the worst. My flatmates used to leave open containers of it in the fridge and I could taste it off the milk the next day. That put me off cereal for quite a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

Mushrooms
    Tomato
    Cheese
    Aubergine
    Turnip
    Mayonaisse (What happened to the practise of putting butter on a pre-packed sambo ?)
    Pasta shells, though don't mind plain spaghetti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

ScumLord wrote: »
    EGGS. I've been retrying food I thought I didn't like lately and have accepted the tomato as a food stuff in it's own right. I'm still not gone on them it's the texture more than anything. But egg white especially fried is just manky.
    I'm a semi-reformed egg and tomato hater. I had a fried egg as part of a big f**k-off fry-up not so long ago and it was YUMMY. As for tomatoes, I'm not gone on the texture - the gooey stuff in the centre turns my stomach, but the harder bit towards the outside is acceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Careful now.
    People have been site banned for screwing around in that forum.

In other news, I'm going to have a toasted cheese, steak and mustard sandwich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Baked beans. The smell makes me nauseous.
    Liver. Tastes like what I imagine chalk to taste like.
    Tuna. Don't understand why it's so popular as a sandwich filling. Just ugh.
    Mashed potato. I think it's the texture, and the horrible lumpy bits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Ninja_scrotum

Mushrooms - they taste like diluted muck and they feel like eyeballs in your mouth. A pointless food I dunno why they are eaten.

That green mouldy french cheese- I've never tasted the stuff but I'm 100% sure its horrible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement