Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what food do you hate so much it makes you want to gawk

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Bryan1 wrote: »
    I second this but add Blood pudding. Some bloke dared me to try it and I about yacked all over.

Weirdo...
    black pudding

Also weirdo...

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Tuna mixed with sweetcorn.

My sister and I mixed up our lunches one day and I took a bite out of what I thought was a chicken wrap, but it turned out to contain the above. I nearly vomitted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Fish and any sort of shellfish/seafood stuff.
    Margarine - especially when they try to pretend it's butter, but its smeary appearance on the bread gives it away.

I don't mind liver.

I don't eat dead creatures.

I don't like greasy things either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Tuna mixed with sweetcorn.

My sister and I mixed up our lunches one day and I took a bite out of what I thought was a chicken wrap, but it turned out to contain the above. I nearly vomitted.

I'm the very same...
    Fish of any kind is rank.
    Also, cucumber and raw tomatoes are fairly nasty tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

Mushrooms +1 They are DISGUSTING. Why would you eat fungus?!

Also Black Pudding +1

Reading about Prawns eating insects under the sea has completely put me off.....though I didnt like them to begin with! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

95% of foods :/

Ditto, Name any food and i more than likely don't eat it. It's a wonder im still alive.
    Cucumber, thet stuff is f*ckin' awful, even the smell turns my stomach! Liver is evil, Jeez it makes me gawk just thinking of them both.
    Oh i forgot Turkish Delight, Celary, Marmite and Bovril :eek:

How has only one person mentioned turkish delight, Sickening. Truly sickening.
    Lizzykins wrote: »
    Mashed Potato
    Oysters
    Onions
    Butter
    Coddle
    Macaroni Cheese

All of them foul!

Your wrong there now, Real butter is heaven sent :)
    Don't know if this counts but bulmers nearly makes me vomit. Even the smell of it. I used to love it as well.

+1, Ugh. Horrible stuff, I too liked it at one stage.. Then i got sick one night after drinking it. I now proceed to get sick whenever it is near me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Satanists, the lot of you! :p

There's very little I wouldn't eat. I'm not very fond of olives but I'd still eat them if they were on the plate. Broccoli is the nicest vegetable in the world btw and you cheese haters, don't get me started. Wait, no, you black pudding haters. That's almost blasphemous! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Bulmers is indeed piss.
    I like Guinness, but the fact they use fish bladders as a fining agent in the production process is a little sickening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

All seafood and egg mayonaisse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

PauloMN wrote: »
    Liver, kidney etc. - they are organs. Meat = good, organs = bad. Organs process stuff and make piss, WTF would anyone want to eat organs?

I've been telling people that for years but no-one seems to want to listen.

Another vote for tuna. The dog loves it and I've come very close to puking in her bowl a couple of times after opening a tin of it for her. Something that smells that bad really can't be edible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I don't like the smell of green bacon and cabbage, but I like eating it. Prefer smoked though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

liver is pretty foul stuff

I don't like the smell of green bacon and cabbage, but I like eating it. Prefer smoked though.

Green bacon? :confused:

You eating gone-off meat or something? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

A nice bit of cabbage is lovely, has to be really green though. The smell it leaves around the house for hours afterwards is a downside though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention coleslaw.

I was on a job in the middle of nowhere once and hadn't eaten in hours.
    My friends went to the shop for lunch and brought me back a roll with coleslaw on it.
    I scraped most of it off, but couldn't get it all as it had soaked into the bread.
    I took one bite and almost puked.

I had also been off coke for two years and they brought me back a can of it to drink.
    There was no drinking water on the job.
    It restarted my addiction.

When I said I'd eat anything, I lied! If there's one way to ruin any food, it's to put fúckin' barbeque sauce on it. What a horrible concoction of gick that is! This crap has just ruined what could have been an almost perfect pizza.

Who can I blame for creating such a monstrosity? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Egg, boiled smelly fetus just doesnt do it for me.
    Honestly cannot understand how people can bear the smell of egg at all..it smells horrible for a reason people!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

I'd eat most food-including vegies (don't like them all but their good for you)
    except beetroot >F*CKING VILE STUFF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i can tolerate most foods if they're coupled with other things. like eggs. i don't like 'em, but stick them next to something nice and i'll chow down through the power of mixing.

however, under no circumstances should mushrooms be placed in front of me. eugh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Any kind of seafood. The smell of seafood. The idea of being in the same room as seafood. The people who say "oh no, it's only old fish that smell horrible, fresh fish doesn't smell at all" the lying ****tards even the sea smells that bad and it doesn't get any "fresher" than the sea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

An Citeog wrote: »
    Green bacon? :confused:

You eating gone-off meat or something? :p

Green ham/bacon=ham/bacon that isn't smoked.

On topic, I detest liver.

Green ham/bacon=ham/bacon that isn't smoked.

On topic, I detest liver.

Never heard of that before but a quick google proved your point. Sure you learn something new every day! ;)

Ah, here's another one. Roasted vegetables! What's the point? Or German grease-cakes. Proper artery-cloggers they are!

I do like fish and eggs though. Good for the auld protein. And yeah, I do eat tuna straight of the can. And thanks to G'em over in the fitness forum, I've started freezing grapes. I think my mental capacity may be slowly decreasing! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Roasted vegetables! Whats the point?

They taste nicer. Compare a raw potato to a roasted one for validation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Casu Marzu

Casu marzu (also called casu modde, casu cundhídu, or in Italian formaggio marcio) is a cheese found in Sardinia, Italy, notable for being riddled with live insect larvae. Casu marzu means "rotten cheese" in Sardinian and is known colloquially as maggot cheese.

Derived from Pecorino Sardo, casu marzu goes beyond typical fermentation to a stage most would consider decomposition, brought about by the digestive action of the larvae of the cheese fly Piophila casei. These larvae are deliberately introduced to the cheese, promoting an advanced level of fermentation and breaking down of the cheese's fats. The texture of the cheese becomes very soft, with some liquid (called lagrima, from the Sardinian for "tears") seeping out. The larvae themselves appear as translucent white worms, about 8 mm (1/3 inch) long. When disturbed, the larvae can jump for distances up to 15 cm (6 inches), prompting recommendations of eye protection for those eating the cheese. Some people clear the larvae from the cheese before consuming; others do not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Celery. Everything about it makes me want to vomit. The smell, the texture...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Sorry to break your bubble, but ALL cheese is rotten. That's the definintion of cheese.
    Rotten Milk. As in "more rotten then yoghurt". As in "Gone Off". As in "Don't eat rotten things they're bad for you."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

emo!! wrote: »
    potatoes!! i hate them!!

At last... another potato hater!

There are little balls of foulness aren't they... I'm not a fan in general, but I especially hate mashed potatoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

biko wrote: »
    Casu Marzu

Casu marzu (also called casu modde, casu cundhídu, or in Italian formaggio marcio) is a cheese found in Sardinia, Italy, notable for being riddled with live insect larvae. Casu marzu means "rotten cheese" in Sardinian and is known colloquially as maggot cheese.

Mmmmm maggot cheese ftw!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Maggoty cheese is pretty nice, but you need a few slices of donkey sausage to set it off properly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Hydroquinone

I'd eat practically all the things mentioned here so far, the only exceptions being oysters, mayonnaise and maggotty cheese.

Here's a new one for this thread - peaches. Cannot stand them or anything that they're in. The smell of them makes me want to throw up and their furry jackets are just wrong. Even their close relations - the nectarines, they don't fool me with their shiny suits, they're muck too.

And who are these infidels who make mashed potato with lumps in it? No wonder yiz don't like mashed potato, not if it's got lumps in it.

copacetic wrote: »
    They taste nicer. Compare a raw potato to a roasted one for validation.

Roast potatoes are obviously exempt. In fact*, potatoes shouldn't even be classified as a vegetable. They're more like the bridge between other vegetables and that wonderful food we call meat.

By roast vegetables, I was referring to such monstosities as roasted carrots and the likes. It's like a leech, sucking the taste out of whatever it can. See here for example.

*May not actually be factual.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Roast potatoes are obviously exempt. In fact*, potatoes shouldn't even be classified as a vegetable. They're more like the bridge between other vegetables and that wonderful food we call meat.

By roast vegetables, I was referring to such monstosities as roasted carrots and the likes. It's like a leech, sucking the taste out of whatever it can. See here for example.

*May not actually be factual.

roasted carrots/parsnips etc are lovely too, it gives them a sweetness that goes really well with roasted meats. That pic has me licking my lips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

kidney beans, or celery, also used to like liver a kid, now just the thought of having it in my mouth makes me retch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

"babies sh1t" ,ok its not a food but it does taste horrible .and before anybody posts anything it doesnt matter how ya cook it , it still tastes horrible

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭Creachadóir

Mushrooms.

But I'm a picky eater, so there's a long list. However, mushrooms top the list because they're hidden in dinners. You can be eating away enjoying pasta or something, and then BAM you're eating mushrooms. Every other disgusting food can be avoided if you just don't order it. And it's a fungus. :eek:

Mushrooms.

But I'm a picky eater, so there's a long list. However, mushrooms top the list because they're hidden in dinners. You can be eating away enjoying pasta or something, and then BAM you're eating mushrooms. Every other disgusting food can be avoided if you just don't order it. And it's a fungus. :eek:

Is that like when a kid falls over without hurting themselves but as soon as the see blood they instantly burst into tears? Stupid bleedin' kids! Just suck it up, sure it's covered in sauce anyway. :p
    copacetic wrote:
    roasted carrots/parsnips etc are lovely too, it gives them a sweetness that goes really well with roasted meats. That pic has me licking my lips.

Nah, boiled is the only way to go. Did you ever take a bite out of a slightly gone-off apple and get that really bland and juiceless taste? It's like you can feel something squiding inside your mouth but you can't actually taste it. That's what roasted vegetables are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

I like all food apart from dried apricots, raisins, currants and dates. There appears to me to be no reason why anyone should deviate from this point of view. Anyone else is just bring thran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 -avey-

Hate liver, mushrooms, brussel sprouts and the smell of beetroot cooking :eek:

im allergic to nuts :( peanut butter turns my stomach :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Keith186

I could go on for ages, very picky I am.

Most hated foods are sweetcorn, mushrooms and peas, especially mushy peas, one little pea can make me vomit... Yuck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement