Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pitch N putt south Louth East Meath

Options
  • 26-10-2007 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Where are the best places for Pitch and Putt in Louth and Meath

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jim Campbell

try Julianstown P&P. Both Laytown and Termonfeckin have deadly little links P&P courses. Also a P&P at Bellewstown race course but I havn't tried it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Newtown and Collon should sort ya out. There's one in Iniskeen too

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

cheers folks..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

i always enjoy the course in castletown

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

I remember reading that the Laytown course carpark was a hotspot for doggers. Went out there and could not find the course!! Would like to try it, any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I remember reading that the Laytown course carpark was a hotspot for doggers. Went out there and could not find the course!! Would like to try it, any suggestions?

Laytown is a lovely spot.

Park in the rail station car park...

Cross the bridge.

Walk up the hill, You will pass football pitches on your right.. You will come to a car park. (I presume the dogging one!:eek:)

You can see a little walkway down to the beach.. Go down it and the course is on the right hand side..

Its a lovely links course.. Not to much walking.. Lovely views.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

Thanks! When I went out there with a few mates there were 3 cars with couples in them. We got paranoid that all the signs on the Dublin road were dogging code and got spooked and hightailed it back to Julianstown.
    Look forward to playing this course, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Sounds like a good place to work on your 'putting'... :rolleyes:

Seriously, though... Does anyone know if these courses are well marked? Nothing worse than not being able to figure out which green you're supposed to be shooting for. I've not tried courses around here yet, having just moved, but i've been to a few around south dublin that were terribly marked. Also, assume all of these are open to the public?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Yeah, all open to the public. Seapoint, Termonfeckin is no doubt the best around, but MacBrides and Cement in Drogheda are also top notch. As is Bellewstown actually (though its been a long time since i played that one)
    Where is Castletown? Havent played that one

Edit, done a search and I see its in Navan. Couldnt be arsed going that far for p&p!
    Is there a course in Slane anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bob1981

Yeah, all open to the public. Seapoint, Termonfeckin is no doubt the best around, but MacBrides and Cement in Drogheda are also top notch. As is Bellewstown actually (though its been a long time since i played that one)
    Where is Castletown? Havent played that one

Edit, done a search and I see its in Navan. Couldnt be arsed going that far for p&p!
    Is there a course in Slane anyone know?

Try Stackallen Pitch and Putt

http://www.meathsports.ie/clubs-and-facilities/club-directory/single/item/stackallen-pitch-putt-club.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

sorry to change the subject lads but does anyone know any other 9 hole course other than julianstown about the area. just started playing golf and played that a few times there so just looking for something different. dont think im good enough yet to venture onto a proper course. is the one in towney hall any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭bikeblue

Newtown and Collon should sort ya out. There's one in Iniskeen too

I prefer the one in Collon over the one in Iniskeen. Never been on the one in Newtown. There is also one in Shercock but that one is not very well maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Stackallen on the Navan Rd outside Slane is a nice wee course. not as long but more tactically layed out....
    Collon, Julianstown are only others I'm familiar with. Also v nice.

Advertisement