Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC to Xbox360

• 26-10-2007 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭

just wondering, is it possible to connect my pc to my xbox using this setup, im using a wireless adaptor, pc> router, and i connect my xbox to the router with an ethernet cable......id like to put all my music onto the xbox, thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You can stream all your music/ videos/ TV/ etc to the Xbox using Media Centre Extender from a pc runnign XP-SP2 or Vista, and you can play your mp3's in game streamed from the PC as well if you don't like the games default soundtrack.

For some reason I cannot remember how I set it up on mine at the moment though but I'll get back to you with the how once I manage to re-engage my brain if no-one else comes up with the answer first. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Theres a wizard to do it in settings , refuses to work for me but for most it works.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

im trying to do it but all its saying is that i need a wireless bridge, my computer connects wirelessly to the router and my xbox connects through the ethernet cable, is it possible to do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

You can't copy your music form PC to Xbox, but you can stream it.

You need Media Centre running on the PC.

Use a crossover cable from your PC to Xbox, leave both the xbox and pc wired settings to auto, and on our wireless internet connection, turn on sharing or ICS, and that should do the rest.

Google it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I have a similar setup working fine. PC is wireless and 360 connected via ethernet. Turn on both and open Windows Media Player on PC. Click on the tiny arrow on the Library tab in WMP to open the menu and then go down and click on "Media Sharing". This will open another window and should detect the 360 automatically. Enable sharing with the 360. Just go to the Media section on the 360 dashboard, choose what type of media you want (music, vids, pics) and it should show your PC, connect to it and then choose your folder.

• Advertisement

theres no "media sharing" showing up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

have you windows media player 11?

yeah it is, configure sharing is faded out :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

use the zune software does it all for ya

cant get it working, i just stick the ipod in and it streams while charging it :D thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

the new winamp claims to be able to stream software from your pc to your xbox, so you can watch movies from the pc and listen to music etc.

It says it doesnt require media centre. You have to have your pc at home though, like at the moment im watching a steady stream of sopranos from my pc at home,and im in college, its well worth the try.

Anyone got the xbox stream working from it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I've used TVersity for months at this stage to stream all media in various
    formats from laptop to 360 over home wifi network. It transcodes on the
    fly.
    Program download here
    Setup guide here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'm using Orb atm. Does Tversity stream HD movies? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

The only constraint to the output quality via Tversity is the power of your PC
    as it transcodes on the fly. I use Orb for the PS3 but prefer Tversity and
    use it more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

PC is well powerful, must try it later.

Advertisement