Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tapeworm... Do I have one???

• 26-10-2007 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

Ok, my friend was telling all about tapeworms after learning about them in college. so much so he's scared me into thinking i have one!
    rather than be extremely panicked and go to the doctor ASAP i was wondering would here be able to help me otherwise

my diet mainly consists of
    Breakfast in the Morning (cereal)
    alot of Junk food at work (crisps choclate jellies etc)
    Dinner (mainly steak dinners, or chinese take out)
    and more junk food later in the evenings

I do minimal exercise at the weekends, more so to make me feel better mentally. I realised over the last week or so that i never really gain weight and no matter how much i eat im always starving... which lead me to believe i could quite possibly have a tapeworm...

does anyone know any dead obvious signs i should be looking out for in regards to a tapeworm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭I-like-eggs,mmm

Don't believe everything you hear. Sure if we were to take symtoms of every illness into consideration I'm sure we'd all think we're at death's door. No one can diagnose you online... so,eh, if you're concerned, hobble on down to your doctor or college doctor for free! (if you're lucky to have one..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Do you mind me asking how old you are?

I used to be able to subsist entirely on junk food and no exercise, and was always hungry and skinny as a rake. Sadly that all stopped when I hit my mid-30s and I'm now the size of a small whale.

Ah well, it was good while it lasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

OP, unless you make a habit of eating undercooked pork, I'm pretty sure you don't have tapeworm. If you're particularly worried though, you'll need to go and see a doctor, or more specifically a diagnostic parasitologist and perhaps a trip to the tropical medicine clinic on Grafton Street.

Your diet however is easily diagnosable - it's awful!! Whether or not you want to improve it is up to you, if you do just let us know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Goat Mouth

thanks guys, i'll go and see a doctor anyway, to hell with it i've got nothing much else to do. but im sure its just my own paranoia... oh no i've turned into one of those guys urgh... now i hope it is a tapeworm, for moral reasons!
    Cheers!

rockbeer: I'm 18, only blossoming i know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

i'll go and see a doctor anyway, to hell with it i've got nothing much else to do

Hope you'll be going private and not clogging up the waiting rooms of an overburdened public health GP service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

You can buy worm tablets over the counter, if you are really worried. Saves a trip to the doc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

boreds wrote: »
    You can buy worm tablets over the counter, if you are really worried. Saves a trip to the doc.

Was about to say exactly this, I eat them every time I come back from a trip to Asia or Africa, its completely effortless and I see no reason not buy them if you're worried, costs next to nothing too, and tbh, its worth the money just to not have to worry about it.

... I can add that I travel a bit for work to "strange" countries. and have yet to find a worm, but anyways, better safe then sorry :)

Advertisement