Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LotRO sccops PC game of the year

Options
  • 26-10-2007 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Might attract some new players. Any boards.ie's left playing besides myself?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=174473

(Drum roll). The PC Game of the Year 2007 - sponsored by PC Gamer, has been awarded to Turbine's Tolkien-powered MMO The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar.

And the hobbits rejoiced.

Lord of the Rings Online beat off WoW, Football Manager 2007, Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to grab the gong.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'm still half in. Just to busy right now to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm still half in. Just to busy right now to play.
    I know the feeling. Add to that the fact that my gfx card blew up, it's not been a pleasant time for gaming (I've practically camped over at a mates house just so I can get my fix on his machine). But much rejoicing shall be done when my new PC arrives today or tomorrow.

Plus, Book 11 is out too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 fergusm76

I'm just as addicted as day 1. Working shift work though, but on my days off spending 14+ hours playing lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Hey Fergusm76. I think you've just doubled the number of boards.ie people still playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

With the new added feature of buying your own house within the game I think its taken one large step in front of wow, If I can get the time to go back playing a mmo its definitely going to be lotro :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm not exactly won over by the housing thing. It's a bit pointless. Maybe if you're bored of of monsterplay or raids or questing, you might want to bring out your inner Lawrence Llewellyn Bowen, you can piddle around with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'm in the same boat, no time.
    But since I've got pretty much all of December off for Christmas I'll be coming back to the game then.

Advertisement