Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please help - need large shoes for Girlfriend!

• 26-10-2007 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My gf takes a size 7.5 to 8 shoe and is having big difficulty finding a pair of black evening shoes that don't crush her toes!!! Does anyone have any suggestions of where stocks a good range? Price isn't a problem coz if she gets them it will make my life a lot easier!!! :D

Cheers,
    Tom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

my feet are about that size and I don't seem to have much trouble at all...what style show is she looking for in particular, if you've got pics of styles it may be easier to help but I go to China Blue, Korky's, Simon Harte, Zerep...pretty usual shops really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Try heather shoes down on aran quay. I believe they do larger sizes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Something like this - definately not 'open toe'!!! But apparently styles like the one in the picture always squash her toes!!! :)

that style squashes everyones toes! :D

I have shoes like these i got in china blue, just not so patent, lol, mine are leather and baby platform so about a centimetre thick on the bottom, and about 3-4 inch heel, really comfy and were about 40 euro

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

My feet are around the same size but I dont really have any problem finding shoes.All I can say is New Look do up to a size 9 and also do wide fit shoes hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

pretty much every shop goes up to an 8 nowadays, it's my size and I've no trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 islay

Try Cinders for that kind of "formal" shoe in that size they do up to a size 42 which is approx 8-9. Prices wide greatly from 30 - 400.

They have two stores in Dublin

One in Newbridge

Another in Galway.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I have a 7.5 too and all shops have shoes that fit me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Perhaps her feet are broad rather that it being a problem of being a size 7/8? Tell her to try Next larger width fittings, or try evans - they do nice formal shoes that are wider fittings (many shoes are only a "D" width fitting, whereas the Next and Evans ones go to "E" and "EE" fittings).
    Might solve her problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

Why don't you phone up Fossett's Circus
    the clowns shoes are that size

• Advertisement

Was in China Blue today, some fantastic shoes on the go, reasonable price, and big sizes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 woodyrocks

Buddhahood do lovely shoes for bigger feet. On the cheaper end so does Evans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Where is China blue?

temple bar, when you come over the Ha'penny Bridge to go to temple bar and there's the alley in front of you? there's a glass door just to the rght of the alley, tis it there

Advertisement