Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post Your Pet Pic (DON'T QUOTE PHOTOS)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Scudzilla, Ozzie is a magnificant looking dog:).

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Remove cat from ironing board 10 times before starting ironing
    7C426FD1-51F4-4030-9C21-8727E3BE6755_zps6bjxey8v.jpg
    277770C8-6006-4414-8538-0830303E5350_zpslpylu6w1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

cofy wrote: »
    Scudzilla, Ozzie is a magnificant looking dog:).

Cheers

We have 2, love them both.

We got Brodi from a normal family who just happened to breed 1 litter, the difference between her and this age, and Ozzy, who we got from a proper boxer breeder is amazing. His dad has won quite a few awards and his brother is going the same way

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭daysleeper

Some seriously beautiful pets being shown off in this thread! :)

This here is Clause... He wandered into our house two days before Christmas 1997 when I was only 5 and he's been with us since. Everyone's mad about him, we always joke that he's definitely the favourite and most loved member of the family, it's funny but I think there's probably a fair bit of truth in it! But on Thursday last he was acting a bit funny and was walking into things so we brought him to the vet, they told us he's gone completely blind... He had to stay in over night for tests and when we went back on Friday they told us his liver, heart and kidneys are all starting to fail.. As well as that he'll never get his sight back. It's all horribly out of the blue but he's not in any physical pain at least. Meanwhile we're trying to make a decision here about what to do.. What's the best thing to do for him without being selfish about it, etc. Why can't cats have human length lifespans?! :( it's all just way too sad to handle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

1tngpl.jpg
    Kya aged 10mts, fostering her at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

daysleeper wrote: »
    Some seriously beautiful pets being shown off in this thread! :)

This here is Clause... He wandered into our house two days before Christmas 1997 when I was only 5 and he's been with us since. Everyone's mad about him, we always joke that he's definitely the favourite and most loved member of the family, it's funny but I think there's probably a fair bit of truth in it! But on Thursday last he was acting a bit funny and was walking into things so we brought him to the vet, they told us he's gone completely blind... He had to stay in over night for tests and when we went back on Friday they told us his liver, heart and kidneys are all starting to fail.. As well as that he'll never get his sight back. It's all horribly out of the blue but he's not in any physical pain at least. Meanwhile we're trying to make a decision here about what to do.. What's the best thing to do for him without being selfish about it, etc. Why can't cats have human length lifespans?! :( it's all just way too sad to handle.

What a gorgeous guy! I'm really sorry to hear about your bad news. My guy is 10 in June and I think if anything ever happened him I'd be on the first plane home! At least he's not in pain xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

daysleeper wrote: »
    As well as that he'll never get his sight back. It's all horribly out of the blue but he's not in any physical pain at least. Meanwhile we're trying to make a decision here about what to do.. What's the best thing to do for him without being selfish about it, etc. Why can't cats have human length lifespans?! :( it's all just way too sad to handle.
    Only your vet can help you with the medical part of this daysleeper unfortunately, as cliché as it sounds.

Animals tolerate failing eyesight and/or blindness for the most part incredibly well. This is not an "end of life" consideration for me personally.

Organ "failure" is though. BUT....this is where we can't help you and your vet and blood tests will.

One set of blood tests does not mean game over ok. Talk to your vet, ask them to explain what the tests mean...and then decide. The decision could lead on to an actual diagnosis of a manageable condition. The common one's in older cats (hyperthyroidism, diabetes, HCM etc).

We often think our pets are invincible (I wish they were), but if it's a condition you'd be willing to manage with meds, blindness is one issue lots of animals cope with very well, so don't give up just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

sparkle_23 wrote: »
    Remove cat from ironing board 10 times before starting ironing

I think your cat has obviously claimed it as his/her own and you should respect that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

When Jones arrived, he spent the first evening in his travel box hissing and spitting at the dogs at the other side of the room.

I call this progress...

302245.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Brilliant photograph DrPhil:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I decided to try and get some nice close ups of bob from different angles, but he just wasn't co-operating, so these were the results!

302285.jpg

Eventually he stopped messing and I got a few :)

302286.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

DrPhil, great to see the boss at the front of his pack, his two furry minions behind him know their place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

Amazing looking Rottie Dr Phil! Your cat seems to be the ring leader of the pack though :D

Some great shots TG1 :D Bob has those eyes that will make you feel guilty for no reason :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

No, looks more like the Rottie has TWO hot water bottles - front & back!!

Yep, looks like progress to me too DrPhilG!

(Off topic, but why do we always assume the cat is the cleverer/boss every time?!!? Hmnnn, probably because it usually is??)

aonb wrote: »
    (Off topic, but why do we always assume the cat is the cleverer/boss every time?!!? Hmnnn, probably because it usually is??)

Its the face. It just reminds me of an evil masters face, or something :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

It's a safe assumption.

The cat is the boss. Eddie and Beth know their place and know (from experience) that if they step out of line they will get a smack in the mouth from Jones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

DrPhilG wrote: »
    if they step out of line they will get a smack in the mouth

cat-lion-mirror-250x200.jpg

:)

Papper has been hanging out in the bathroom a lot!
    BADEB43F-CE5C-475E-888F-202C29373979_zpsjcn1izgc.jpg

8B3A3DE5-893E-40F4-8922-F3751AA10116_zps7wjn8ouq.jpg

9EB4BDEE-9185-4389-AEA1-762E35F9C3B5_zpsvln1ju54.jpg

B37509AC-8896-469A-9112-D64E9899FC8F_zpsxru5ka58.jpg

7DC8C4B5-5CB3-4360-8054-838E0EBD2DCD_zpsm2xhqfju.jpg

3FF160E9-D2D5-4C2C-A72F-D6E44D1640A8_zpsuqkzsrdx.jpg

Meowing because with an Ikea delivery comes lots of boxes.. and screws to run off with!
    2D55A359-47A5-4859-A870-C5079F52DFCD_zpsbyweu9wu.png

Just hanging out under the bedside table
    FA32815D-7152-47A6-ACC5-567363321FF6_zpsmq3dv14r.jpg

Lazy on the couch
    394D0F6C-5090-4DAC-9C76-3ACE4B2F2BA5_zpsrdweyqs6.jpg

I just don't even know anymore....
    6E1093FF-D02A-4696-9448-792C06A9AA9B_zpskytpztum.jpg

sparkle_23 wrote: »
    Pepper has been hanging out in the bathroom Pepper's Room a lot!

:P

Morf wrote: »
    :P
    Pretty much! I just saw her go in there again...

2E08CF9A-E65C-4361-82EF-8BCA1B50486B_zps5shgalpo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Run - there is a Bonio at the Finish Line :pac::pac:

302478.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I kept annoying Ali, wouldn't let her sleep and the dirty look she threw me!
    XrjlbtA.jpg

1,900 posts! Whoop! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

In the pic top left i'm 12 & Jess is not yet 1 year old
    In the pic bottom right im 28 & Jess is nearly 17 & blind.

14v6zp5.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Awh! A lovely looking senior :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

Out for a run :)

0002_zpse7d54737.png

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Jules_G

My lurcher and a little girl who seens to have adopted us!

Ignore the state of the room lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Squeak and Kovu attempting some synchronized sleeping.

Then 4 hours later they were both in my bed and I was trying to contort myself around them so I could fit in.:p
    PL8rJInh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Jules_G wrote: »
    My lurcher and a little girl who seens to have adopted us!

Ignore the state of the room lol

The comfort of them!! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just realised I haven't put a pic up of my Newfie since she was a puppy.

Newfie Slobber--One of your 5 a day.

Well it is in this house. Its everywhere. She even manages to get the ceilings with it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

When is it my turn???

• Advertisement

Gorgeous dog Hellrazer. Regular pictures please:)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ACD

Bandy with his favourite stick :D

302956.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Jalalabad

Cooper is 5 months and happy out except for a limp he picked up during the week. Slob and very good with kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

That is a snazy tie!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Jalalabad

He just sat and posed for it. He's a little champ. Delighted we got him after all the stories I've read about Bassets being a nightmare to house train etc. He's been great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭Hooked

Jalalabad wrote: »
    Cooper is 5 months and happy out except for a limp he picked up during the week. Slob and very good with kids.

I'm confused... Are those his ears? Or is he wearing a teeny tiny dinner jacket? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

He just sat and posed for it. He's a little champ. Delighted we got him after all the stories I've read about Bassets being a nightmare to house train etc. He's been great.

I think any dog with time and patience can be trained listen to no one. I was told dobermans are a nightmare cause there headstrong which to be fair they are but had no problems he was house trained in days. The rest soon followed. Congrats he's super gorgeous I am gonna get one down the line. I've been told they have smelly ears? Everyone has something to say

Heres Sammy, who decided it would be fun to roll around in the dirt :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

And heres Sammy and Lex in a rare picture together

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

Brilliant picture !

How did his Job Interview go ?

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Cone kitten says hi! Bad skin, so he's back living in his little cone. Not too happy about it, but he doesn't let anything phase him!

conicalkitten_zpseb0b7dee.jpg

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Here's two of our newest addition to the family (we've actually had her since 2012 but better late than never) She's a labrador staffie cross and is mad as a box of frogs, as these pictures capture nicely.

5wcGRa.jpg

4SCcy7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

10154156_10203551951944896_1322944230652398912_n.jpg

10171221_10203551952064899_2495195595757979976_n.jpg

It's Blue's first birthday today :) where does the time go! seems like only yesterday I was bringing her home for the first time. Now she's a moody teenager that hates me. They grow up so fast!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

When Poppy wants to go outside she's taken to sitting like this. It's usually accompanied by throwing her head to the side towards the backdoor, and if you don't notice her quick enough she'll hit you with her paw :pac:

bwv46.jpg

• Advertisement

Ah yes living up to the standards a Jack Russell requires is very tough :D:D

Believe me, I know :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Have not been on a walk in a while now due to a broken collar bone, he's bored stiff I reckon. Usually hyper as hell. I didn't have the heart to move him from the sofa :(
    10155685_711958222179738_3643099307872052112_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Toots*...literally LOL'd at both pics :D

Cone kitten says hi! Bad skin, so he's back living in his little cone. Not too happy about it, but he doesn't let anything phase him!

There will be revenge . . . . soon.

Saranne Wrap your cat is so handsome too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Here's Oscar

739920a477ea11e3921912a7d97f285a_7.jpg

10011302_464655630330759_51565800_n.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement