Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post Your Pet Pic (DON'T QUOTE PHOTOS)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

One more of my foster bunnies, they've gotten too active to be kept in a cardboard box anymore so they have a hutch in my conservatory now :)

photo165.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

I'd never been a pet person, not having any when I was a kid...but my gf was and there was no way that once we got a house we weren't going to have a cat. They really grow on you!

Milo - at the cattery shortly after we got him:

IMG_1637.jpg

And more recently:

2011-01-17%2018.57.14.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

BENNY CAKE who's Milo trying to escape from :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ah cats - they're so brazen lol! Yes i'm sitting on top of the door so no you can't close it lol :pac: I used to love when my cat (RIP :( ) did that! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

One more of my foster bunnies, they've gotten too active to be kept in a cardboard box anymore so they have a hutch in my conservatory now :)

photo165.jpg

How did you get into fostering?

The-Rigger wrote: »
    How did you get into fostering?

Well the girl who has them had to go away for a while and with work and stuff she can't really be bottle feeding them. Munster Lost and Found Pets on Facebook posted looking for a fosterer for the rabbits, so I said I could do it :)

And I've bottle fed quite a lot of kittens before, tried to handrear a guinea pig but she didn't make it, and I wanted the experience of how to handrear baby rabbits too :)

By the way, if anyone is interested in rehoming any of the three rabbits when they're old enough, they can send me a PM, I'm in Cork :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

Heres my two girls. Pepsi 8 Months old Rott and Lady 2 Year old Lab. Both get on great.

DSCF1465-1.jpg

DSCF1472.jpg

DSCF1464.jpg

DSCF1480.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I love this thread! Here's Rua at the beach, she hates her halti :p

Her left leg is shaved 'cause she recently had a tumor removed, but it was benign thank feck!

199867_10150168414930568_632455567_8713274_925686_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

A brief word from Squishy ...

Always remember to look both ways before taking a nap :)

152673.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I would really love some photographing tips from some posters in this thread.

I'm jealous of all of your perfectly focused, perfectly timed pictures. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

Look at the shine on Pepsi's coat! I love Lady's expression in the last photo. Adorable!

That's great news about Rua. She's beautiful.

Squishy clearly took the safe cross code to heart! Gorgeous pictures.

Thanks all for sharing.

Whispered wrote: »
    I would really love some photographing tips from some posters in this thread.

I get some nice photos from time to time ... things I've learned ...
    1. Take lots of photos (seriously the more the merrier you may take 1 photo only to find out it's not quite as in focus as you wanted ( I ended up taking 16 shots of him in various poses like this one in 2 or 3 minutes )
    2. The cat moves fast ... take loads of photos :P
    3. Always have your camera handy or at least semi handy .. I work from home so it's generally always lying about. If you're going out bring it with you :)
    4. Take loads of photos :P .. and then when you realise there's something you'd like to do go to a group for your camera .. flickr has a groups for a lot of cameras . I've never really gone onto them that much but a few times I've read up things and gone wow you can do that.
    5. Have a semi decent camera it doesn't have to cost millions but the better the camera in some cases the better your pictures ( I've a little bridge camera would love to have a full dSLR but it's not on the cards for the moment)
    6. Lots of light ... my camera doesn't take great pictures in low light conditions ( or else I've to fiddle with lots of settings)

I generally end up adjusting settings on my photos afterwards ( I use photoshop but I think you can do similar with various free programs out there like picassa) ...

Have fun ... if you're not you won't be taking photos :)

[URL="https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/30562/152703.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

forbairt wrote: »
    I get some nice photos from time to time

Squishy being a supermodel does help though as well.

Rochester wrote: »
    Squishy being a supermodel does help though as well.

He might be a bit of a plus size model though *gulps*

152749.jpg

152750.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Squishy is beautiful. Does he have supermodel like diva moments?

Can my Murdoch be on Squishy's next cat model?

I have a confession - I did actually google pet modelling agencies because I'm convinced he's gorgeous enough to be on ads for cat food and things. Luckily there aren't any in NZ or god knows what I would have done. My crazy cat ladyness is getting out of hand :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Here is one from my 2 rocky the cat and buddy the 6 moth old great dane. Clearly he thinks cats are meant to be used as pillows.

photo1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

I think Squishy would make an awesome model!! I love seeing Squishy facebook updates!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 musicnotes

Im sorry, I dont have a pet pic on hand to show you guys but my heart just melted at Casey the chi , he is adorable !!! I want to get a chi this summer :) so sweet ..

Squishy has been getting on top of the last of his paperwork

152962.jpg

And putting head his down... :)

152963.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

forbairt Squishy looks goregous as usual - lovely photos :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Playing with my scarf

4230105692_fe7e22198f.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Our Pippa with her puppies. Such a happy mummy! :)

Pippaspuppiesday1011.jpg

This was on their first day, they are a week old now and absolutely gorgeous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

picture.php?albumid=1172&pictureid=8464

picture.php?albumid=1172&pictureid=8467

picture.php?albumid=1172&pictureid=8469

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Ozzy, now 9 months old.

Snapshot_20110326_6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

picture.php?albumid=1605&pictureid=9085

picture.php?albumid=1605&pictureid=9086

picture.php?albumid=1605&pictureid=9087

More baby bunnies :D I'm posting a lot of photos lately but these will be my last ones for a few months :)

photo002-3.jpg
    photo006-1.jpg
    photo011-6.jpg
    photo012-3.jpg
    photo017.jpg
    photo018.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

More baby bunnies :D I'm posting a lot of photos lately but these will be my last ones for a few months :)

Aww. :) What's all the fluff around them for? Is it just on them from birth or is it where they're lying or something? :o

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Aww. :) What's all the fluff around them for? Is it just on them from birth or is it where they're lying or something? :o

The fur belongs to the mummy bunny, she uses her own fur to line the nest. Cute pics, dont leave it months to post more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Jake enjoying the sunshine today

8D01919575274BB08F5CC41402641E6A-0000316660-0002240051-00500L-BE8BE19955B8485286AE40B03116DE23.jpg

FF1CB70B3C7D4E59A91E6E73A2B7E635-0000316660-0002240050-00500L-7712E5DEF6754A808056A5D4454DF785.jpg

Snickers, as seen in Animal Clinic, before we got him:

Snickers_RTE_280311_smaller.jpg

• Advertisement

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    RubyGirl wrote: »
    The fur belongs to the mummy bunny, she uses her own fur to line the nest. Cute pics, dont leave it months to post more.

Yep, that's from the mum. :) She pulled out a huge amount of fur for them so it's all over them when I pick them up :D

I'll post more when they're a little older :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Yep, that's from the mum. :) She pulled out a huge amount of fur for them so it's all over them when I pick them up :D

I'll post more when they're a little older :)
    Please do post more of them - they are really beautiful.

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Please do post more of them - they are really beautiful.

I really love them, thinking of keeping one if it's a male . . . :D

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭SirenX

this is my 4 month old rouph collie called Alpha
    this is him now:

view.php?pic=11tbewl&s=7

and this is when he was about 8 weeks old hugging his teddy :)

view.php?pic=2v3ocqe&s=7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

31157_126425680710499_100000292043620_263958_2913809_n.jpg
    31157_126424434043957_100000292043620_263955_2748591_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Not quoting pics - just getting them to appear :)
    SirenX wrote: »
    this is him now:

5569040494_867dfef5da.jpg

5568451439_13e4ea3051.jpg

Think I fixed it :) love the teddy pic!

Sup Dude, they are so cute, I love choc labs, on the look out for one at the moment.

omg star-pants thank you so much! I've been trying to fix them for ages! how'd you do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

omg star-pants thank you so much! I've been trying to fix them for ages! how'd you do it?

First one you had up was zoomed I think, I copied your link into the address bar, right clicked on the photo and went to 'medium size', then I was able to right click and 'copy image url'.
    The second one was part of a slideshow, so I just clicked the picture itself and then right clicked to get the 'copy image url'. If you just copy and paste what's in the address bar it won't work, you need to right click and copy image url for it to work in the image tags :)

• Advertisement

thanks again, I'm a n00b so I can't thank your posts but you're a big help and it was very nice of you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sweetskye

What a gorgeous pair. Adorable!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Jazz and I finally went back to agility on Saturday :D

getattachment3f.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

getattachment2vo.jpg

Jazz and Boe doing a great stay in the park this evening :)

doingstay1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

this is him now:

Oh my god, we had a shetland sheepdog who looked just like him called Alpha! This is him:
    Alpha.jpg

S6300467-1.jpg

Not entirely sure how old he is in these photos but he even has the same white legs and all. He's now living with a friend of ours who does agility and stuff with him. Lovely dog, though he tried to take after his name a bit too much at times! Forever trying to dominate our border collie cross who is 2 or 3 times his size :rolleyes:

N'awh! He's so cute!especially in the photo where he's asleep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

New arrivals..

Oscar :
    oscar.jpg

Mason :
    mason.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

chris_ie wrote: »
    New arrivals..

Oscar :

Mason :

Well if they aren't the cutest pair of chocolate box kittens I have ever seen!!! Are they siblings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Rochester wrote: »
    Well if they aren't the cutest pair of chocolate box kittens I have ever seen!!! Are they siblings?

Yeah they are brothers, just over 8 weeks now. Got them friday, Well settled already! First day Oscar didn't want to leave his brothers side, if he couldn't see Mason you could see him get a bit worried, followed him most places. All fine now though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Jake got a new bed today, here he is trying it out in his favourite spot in front of the fire.

DDA178B61DE744DDA3099C44EECC7D83-0000316660-0002242169-00500L-C7D55F2F02504D569982A9A7A54CF658.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

A few of leeloo out in the garden
    2hx7zpz.jpg

nyv7rc.jpg

29mn1hs.jpg

2evffd5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭scarlet_mandy

Beekay that Yorkie is adorable!! Our pup does the same thing, loves plaing with balls twice the size of her :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement