Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's eat in - Sandyford

• 26-10-2007 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭

Has anyone noticed the standard in this place going to the dogs? When this branch opened, the food was the same high standard we were used to but without the whopper delivery charge from shankill.

But I and a few other people I know who swore by this place all agree it's been steadily decreasing until finally the other night I got my favourite main course, A lamb curry from the Indian menu, and it was absolutely dreadful. I dont know if this is happening in all the branches but it's the end of the road for me anyway.

I'm only writing this now because last night we got an indian from another place that was fantstic, and I think it's a shame that we had to go elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Yeah I've noticed this aswell with the one in Blanchardstown; used to get
    a hot lamb dish...it used to be yummy but totally not the same now. I wonder are they under new management or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I had a Lamb Lal Mass the other day from Shankill and it was as good as always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

I noticed while working in sandyford ind. est. over the summer that they were doing a massive drive for the corporate lunchtime market. wonder if this had anything to do with it. Less night staff maybe? or cutting costs to maximise profit?
    Just a thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

That was the dish...Lamb Lal Mass, used to be sooooo nice, hopefully they'll be back to normal soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Mick Shrimpton

I was in a mates gaf the other day and they had ordered from this place and were waiting for it to arrive, and we got talking about how dodgy they'd got. The food arrived and one of the lads had ordered chips, and someone else had ordered garlic chips. the garlic chips were the funniest most decrepit looking things with this rock solid "been sitting there for ages" hard white guk over them. The plain chips were the same dried up crap but without this white cementy stuff on them.

The sad bit is that plain chips are 2.95 and the garlic chips were....:eek:€6.95, a full 4 euro for this dried up crap!! There was only enough of this crap to cover about a third of the chips as well!! Needless to say they rang and complained. Their account was credited but who wants this **** even when its free?!!

I dont mind paying high prices when the food is good, but places trying to fool you into thinking they are good because their prices are high are such chancers.

I cant believe Let's eat in are now in that category.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,793 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

What did they say when you complained?
    You did complain didn't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭billyblanks

I used this place last night for the first time.....never again. 1 hour delivery, think it cost €3.50 for the delivery...and the food was rubbish. As mentioned above the chips were terrible, tasted like under cooked frozen chips and the pizza was not much better....

Including delivery, a pizza and taco chips cost €25....not cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭EmmetF

Just ordered from the Sandyford Lets Eat In. It was a horrendous experience. I read these reviews before I ordered but I said I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

The food arrived after an hour and after sitting down to eat we noticed the rice and chips were left out of the order. We called back and 30 mins later the food arrived again (in the mean time our mains were cold) and there wasn't even an apology from the delivery driver.

To sum up; 90 minutes delivery and cold food. Be warned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,793 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

While we would be interested in the quality, etc of the food - these sort of issues should be raised in the Consumer Issues forum.

Die, zombie, die!!!!

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement