Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Building

Options
  • 26-10-2007 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

I'm from Cork and I was on the way up to Dublin this morning in the train, on the way into Portlaoise (from the Cork side!!) there was a massive building being constructed on the right-hand side, looked like a large distribution unit or something similar ... does anyone know what it actually is? I think it might have been John F Supple doing the work, i think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

I only heard the rumors that it could be another shopping centre. But I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

It's not Irish Rail's new maintenance sheds is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭juror

Occidental wrote: »
    It's not Irish Rail's new maintenance sheds is it?

I don't think so, there didn't appear to be any indication that the project was intended for Irish rail or any access even onto the existing rail tracks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

juror wrote: »
    I don't think so, there didn't appear to be any indication that the project was intended for Irish rail or any access even onto the existing rail tracks

It is Irish Rail's new place alright...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 M for Mystery

juror wrote: »
    I'm from Cork and I was on the way up to Dublin this morning in the train, on the way into Portlaoise (from the Cork side!!) there was a massive building being constructed on the right-hand side, looked like a large distribution unit or something similar ... does anyone know what it actually is? I think it might have been John F Supple doing the work, i think.

Could it be the prison?!? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement