Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Recommendation for 8800GTX?

Options
  • 26-10-2007 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Managed to get my hands on a XPS710 dirt cheap, was planning on building but too good a price to pass up. Was a pretty spur of the moment purchase, and as such havent really thought about a monitor. Have a 17" CRT to tide me over, but looking for a nice flatscreen as I am a bit stuck for space.

As such, what sorta resolution/screen size can it support comfortably? I dont want to get a 19" to find out that it can cope with a 22" etc. Looking for a monitor that will be decent for gaming, but dont want to break the bank (ie, sub €400, preferably very sub :p), any recommendations? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Samsung 206/226BW or CW are as good as it gets in the lower price range widescreen, so buy, you won't be dissapointed. 206=20", 226=22" BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Samsung 245B

Sub 500 but then you wouldn't need a new monitor for years.

Also any screen below 24" will have a 1680x1050 resolution
    which is pretty poor to be honest.

So go €100 more (477 to be exact in pixmania) and get a
    delicious resolution of 1900x1200.

Advertisement