Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do You Ever Complain ??

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Where so you work???

haha Jane do you honesly think I'm gonna give out that info online? :)

The worrying part is that it's actually a very popular place so this type of filth would definately not be expected...I have mentioned it to the manager before but her attitude was "you carry on with your job and let them carry on with theirs".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Every time I go to get me hair cut it's always a Polish person working in the hair dressers who doesn't speak english that does it.
    Then they make sh!t of it and I end up looking Polish (I've been told by a few people I now look a bit Polish due to my new hair cut).
    And when they're finished and ask "how is that?" I always smile and say "thats great thanks"!
    D'oh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    haha Jane do you honesly think I'm gonna give out that info online? :)

The worrying part is that it's actually a very popular place so this type of filth would definately not be expected...I have mentioned it to the manager before but her attitude was "you carry on with your job and let them carry on with theirs".

No, but I would quit rather than work in such a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

TBH Trojan, it doesn't bother me if you believe me or not, I'm simply commenting on a story and telling a story of my own.

That's fine, tell your story but don't make sweeping statements & then change them. Your first post is very disturbing for Health reasons. But then you change your story to make it less impacting but it still leaves an undesirable impression of the general pub/bar trade & puts doubt in peoples minds as to what they are getting when looking for a service.

Working last night again I witness pint glasses running low with no time to wash more as it was all go go go so the bartender pulls a pint in a filthy (just used) pint glass. That's not my problem. Just simply a story. So chill!

Yes it is your problem. With an attitude like the one you are displaying you are showing a total disregard for the health & safety of your customers. You are obliged to bring this to the attention of the manager on duty if not the general manager again for Health reasons. Your place of employment has a duty of care to it's customers & what you are saying in your post they are clearly breaching Health & Safety issues. What is the name & address of the place you work in. I would be obliged if you would PM it to me. And don't tell me to Chill when you tell me these disgraceful happenings are going on.

TJ911...

Trojan911 wrote: »
    That's fine, tell your story but don't make sweeping statements & then change them. Your first post is very disturbing for Health reasons. But then you change your story to make it less impacting but it still leaves an undesirable impression of the general pub/bar trade & puts doubt in peoples minds as to what they are getting when looking for a service.

Yes it is your problem. With an attitude like the one you are displaying you are showing a total disregard for the health & safety of your customers. You are obliged to bring this to the attention of the manager on duty if not the general manager again for Health reasons. Your place of employment has a duty of care to it's customers & what you are saying in your post they are clearly breaching Health & Safety issues. What is the name & address of the place you work in. I would be obliged if you would PM it to me. And don't tell me to Chill when you tell me these disgraceful happenings are going on.

TJ911...

You go Trojan!! You get on your horse and you go!!

I'll get my coat!

Seriously though, that's a very serious issue. I think people have a right to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I don't do it when I'm at fault, for instance the woman who told me to 'F*** off' when I told her the queue was going the other way, or the woman who told me to 'have a nice day and try not to be too rude to the customers' when I told her that I had to charge her for a plastic bag. In fairness, I had turned to another sales assistant to clarify (it was a fruit and veg bag that she wanted to use for a tin of tuna, which was not its purpose so I had to charge her), so maybe she thought I was mocking her, but she was one of those people who think sales assistants are below them.

i ocasionally take an extra fruit and veg back, use it for raw foods such as chicken or raw meat, not sure if they fall under bag tax as they are food packaging, i feel the stores should even provide this, we are often told on food safety, and the importance to keep raw food seperate, but will leave the rest of that arguement for another thread

as for complaning, i have had shop assistances re check prices if i feel have been over charged, have brought food pack to the counter if prepared not how i asked, have ocsionaly got it made up again and given for free, have asked for reduction at the counter, recently brought a pair of suit trousers, was reduced from 40 to 25 euros, i hadn't notived the 25e tag, just picked them off the to clear rail marked 15e, when the cashier put them through for 25e, i pointed out that were from the 15e rail, got the answer must have ben placed there by mistake as dont have the relavent color coded sticker, he did through reduce them futher to 20e, often find if you are nice or polite in your approach, you will oftem get a better result

irish-stew wrote: »
    i ocasionally do this, use it for raw foods such as chicken or raw meat, not sure if they fall under bag tax as they are food packaging

Yup, was allowed give them out for raw meat, cream, fish, etc, but when people tried to use them to carry their shopping (groceries, etc) we had to charge them. Again, policy of the store, who in turn told us to mention that it was government policy when a customer complained. (Not a cop out, just fact.)

TJ911...

haha sorry Trojan but I had to laugh at that comment! I understand what you're saying but I'm 17!!! ha! Theres only so much I can do. As I said, I've mentioned it to the woman in management before and pretty much got told to fcuk off so!

And no, it is not my problem. I may have a duty to report something if I consider it to be wrong (which I have done to no avail) but from then on it's their perogative. Yeesh! Now yea, chill...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭trevorku

Thought I'd join in and complain, isn't it annoying at Mcdonalds when you order say a plain cheeseburger and Im like, only put the cheese and ketchen on there and then you get it and theres like pickles and mayonaise things on it. I dont get it, does the extras expire by 12am and theyre trying to dump it on someone elses plate? I dont mean to be rude to the staff but when you say it specifically you expect them to get it right, sorry just annoys me.

Also with the hot fudge sunday, theyre starting to be scabby by just putting the chocolate on the top, they used to put the chocolate all in the bottom and around the sides, then put the icecream in. now theyre just getting cheap and giving less choclate. How many times have you gone into McD's and you ask for a milkshake, and they're like, we havent got any left. . . so get some!! My friend once worked at McDonalds and I hope the rumours arnt true about the fries, burgers falling on the floor and then getting put back with the orders.

Also would it be too hard to take an order, with a smile :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

trevorku wrote: »
    Thought I'd join in and complain, isn't it annoying at Mcdonalds when you order say a plain cheeseburger and Im like, only put the cheese and ketchen on there and then you get it and theres like pickles and mayonaise things on it. I dont get it, does the extras expire by 12am and theyre trying to dump it on someone elses plate? I dont mean to be rude to the staff but when you say it specifically you expect them to get it right, sorry just annoys me.

Also with the hot fudge sunday, theyre starting to be scabby by just putting the chocolate on the top, they used to put the chocolate all in the bottom and around the sides, then put the icecream in. now theyre just getting cheap and giving less choclate. How many times have you gone into McD's and you ask for a milkshake, and they're like, we havent got any left. . . so get some!! My friend once worked at McDonalds and I hope the rumours arnt true about the fries, burgers falling on the floor and then getting put back with the orders.

Also would it be too hard to take an order, with a smile :)

have not eaten in a mcdonalds in ireland in 7 years, only eat in them when abroad, and only then because you know what to expect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭Goldenquick

We should complain more, but also we should complain in a manner that is not disrepectful or shout obscenities at the person we are complaining to. My daughter works p/t in a store in the centre of Dublin, this particular day, a man shouted & swore at her about something he wanted being out of stock. She was in such a state she had to take a stress break, even then it didn't help, she had to go out the back and was in tears for the rest of her shift. I told her I would have called the police on him as this was not just an ordinary rant because something was out of stock, but full on verbal abuse and he did it in front of his little boy, aged approx 5-7. Is that child going to grow up being the same way as his ignorant father I wonder!

I did complain to a local hotel (by way of a letter) about the very bad service I received there, I got a cheque for €100 by way of an apology :). I had complained at the time to the manager, all I got from him was a half-hearted sorry, so I contacted the owner instead and he sent out the cheque.

We should complain more, but also we should complain in a manner that is not disrepectful or shout obscenities at the person we are complaining to. My daughter works p/t in a store in the centre of Dublin, this particular day, a man shouted & swore at her about something he wanted being out of stock. She was in such a state she had to take a stress break, even then it didn't help, she had to go out the back and was in tears for the rest of her shift. I told her I would have called the police on him as this was not just an ordinary rant because something was out of stock, but full on verbal abuse and he did it in front of his little boy, aged approx 5-7. Is that child going to grow up being the same way as his ignorant father I wonder!

I did complain to a local hotel (by way of a letter) about the very bad service I received there, I got a cheque for €100 by way of an apology :). I had complained at the time to the manager, all I got from him was a half-hearted sorry, so I contacted the owner instead and he sent out the cheque.

I agree, I was in tears in work when a woman gave out to me over an error with the till. The customers behind her stood up for me, told her to stop being so horrible. It was my last day of work too, and if I wasn't such a decent person I would have bopped the woman!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

WTH!? There would have been some ass kicking in that guys future if I saw that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Off topic, however

Going into Mc Donalds to just to use the jacks = A Mc Piss :D

Going into Mc Donalds and telling the security guard you will order some food after you have gone to the jacks, and then just leaving without ordering any food = A Mc Piss with Lies ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Cheeky_Gal, Trojan 911 and janeybabenumber, quit yer bitchin'.

Do not mention any businesses here if it is in relation to poor hygeine standards.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

Terry wrote: »
    Cheeky_Gal, Trojan 911 and janeybabenumber, quit yer bitchin'.

Do not mention any businesses here if it is in relation to poor hygeine standards.
    Thanks.

No probs Terry, had no intention of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

I have worked in lots of customer service roles and in my experience, the 3 golden rules of complaining to staff are:

1. Complain to the relevant person. The girl that just served you at the checkout can't do anything about a particular item being out of stock. That is management. Also till/floor staff follow the rules, management make them.

2. There is a way to complain- if you are firm but pleasant you will get a much better response. Staff are human beings too!

3. Don't get personal with staff. If you are abusive staff are entitled to walk away and there is nothing legally you or their manager can do. Bullying in the workplace, whether by fellow staff or by customers, is against the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I complained about a pizza meal I ordered from <a pizza place> in Ballsbridge this evening.
    First the pizza was half an hour late. Second, the cheeky fcuk who delivered it gave me the wrong change and when challenged couldn't produce the right change either. Third, they overcharged me and finally there was supposed to be a 1.25L coke as part of the price which never came with the order. Whilst all this was happening the cheeky fcuk who delivered the pizza held up the traffic on my road (about 4-5 cars) instead of finding a place to park.

Fcuk was I fuming. Anyhow rang the store and they promised to give me a free meal the next time I placed an order.

stepbar wrote: »
    I complained about a pizza meal I ordered from <a pizza place> in Ballsbridge this evening.

Yesterday this <a pizza place> said "********"!?! :confused:

Yesterday this <a pizza place> said "********"!?! :confused:

Remember Terry said a few posts ago not to mention any names??!! Also, read the reason for edit, it says the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Cheeky_gal given a warning.

No establishment are to be named.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

but I'm 17!!! ha!

Now it makes sense.....

All the best....

TJ911...

Now it makes sense.....

All the best....

TJ911...

Terry, do us a favour and shut this patronising **** up! :p

All the best....

Cheeky_gal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭green123

stepbar wrote: »
    Anyhow rang the store and they promised to give me a free meal the next time I placed an order.

cheeky gal is right-staff do disgusting things to peoples food. especially to people who they dislike for some reason. its often on tv caught on cctv camera shows.
    good luck with your next order, i certainly wouldnt fancy eating it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Work in a pub, you'll be put off certain drinks
    Work in a cafe/restaurant, you'll be put off certain places/food
    Work in a shop, you'll be put off buying certain items

Ignorance is bliss, as once you see some of the things people do....well it really makes you wary

Advertisement