Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eternal Sonata

• 26-10-2007 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

Was just wondering does anybody have this game and if so is it worth getting?????
    Played the demo was enjoyable but seemed a bit shallow and btw am a big fan of RPG's such as skies of arcadia and final fantasy..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Buy it now....

I'm in love with it, as much as is possible with a piece of software! It's great, characters are beautiful and the battle system becomes a lot deeper than it is in the demo. (although not in the same league as FF). It's a bit easy, if I was to say something negative about it though.

But yes, get it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

K may get it or PES 2008 think eternal sonata would be the more worthy purchase:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Unfortunately with all the games coming out and with my limited time for playing, this game is going to be a put on the backburner for me! Shame, I love the art style and the fact its musical!

Unfortunately with all the games coming out and with my limited time for playing, this game is going to be a put on the backburner for me! Shame, I love the art style and the fact its musical!

How do you get time to play games when your a thinking of great strategys such as the time you defeated the killbots by overloading their kill counter by sending wave after wave of your men after them:p:p

Yeah is a shame may get this over the weekend after me working hard for a week in work experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Possibly the best looking game on the 360. I'm playing it on my monitor and it looks amazing. Oh and the game plays well too:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can't wait for this will be getting it after I finish Blue Dragon. I noticed it's by Tri-Crescendo who are a load of ex-squaresoft and enix employees and are responsible for the excellent Baten Kaitos and Valkyrie Profile.

Bout 15 hours in now, really enjoying it... To re-iterate, if anybody is on the fence, get it... treat yourself, you deserve it!!:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

What's better? Blue Dragon or Eternal? I picked up Blue Dragon last week but havent had time to start it yet and I want to get Eternal Sonata too so if it's better then i'll start that first

GStormcrow wrote: »
    What's better? Blue Dragon or Eternal? I picked up Blue Dragon last week but havent had time to start it yet and I want to get Eternal Sonata too so if it's better then i'll start that first

I bought Blue Dragon, started playing it (great game btw), but then bought Eternal Sonata and haven't played BD since. I'm a huge fan of Sakaguchi's too. Not sure where the Eternal Sonata love comes from, but I know it's great!;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd pick Eternal Sonata despite not having played it. Blue Dragon is great but it's very old school and you dip into it now and again. Eternal Sonata has a better battle system looks nicer and tri-crescendo have yet to disappoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Too many games, not enough time :( I'm going to have to wait until the new year to give this a go I reckon.

I've finished Blue Dragon and really enjoyed it. About 10 hours into Eternal Sonata and think it's great too. The one downside is that enemies respawn. In Blue Dragon if you cleared out a dungeon you were free to explore it. Not so in Eternal Sonata.

In saying that I would give Eternal the edge. Buy both though. Xbox owners constantly complain there is not enough RPGs and when they are finally released nobody buys them:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Oh dont worry I'll be getting it regardless. Just need to know which I should start first. I might even be one of the few people that enjoyed Enchanted Arms. Just love my RPG's :D

Actually got it 2 days ago as my gamercard suggests:p really reminds me of Skies of Arcadia battle system is quire enjoyable too and no random battles yay!

Actually got it 2 days ago as my gamercard suggests:p really reminds me of Skies of Arcadia battle system is quire enjoyable too and no random battles yay!

This game really reminds me of Skies too (which can only be a good thing:D). I think it's the music for me though!

Vyse wrote: »
    This game really reminds me of Skies too (which can only be a good thing:D). I think it's the music for me though!

Yeah and the style is sort of similair aswell but skies was slightly more 3d:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Bought this yesterday and loving it. Pretty addictive. Looks great.

Extremely linear however. You don't need to worry about straying off the wrong direction as the game will tell you where you can and can't go.

Actually got a bit stuck at the start on the 2nd boss. solved it by going back and killing some more bad guys to level up. Since the enemies respawn I guess you could do this ad infinitum. Not sure if the enemies scale to match your level.

Read in a few places that photos are an easy way to make cash. Way TOO EASY from what I've seen. I took a couple of crappy photos and got 200G for them. That doubled my stash up to that point.

Its great fun to play a proper JRPG though as i missed the boat on the Final Fantsy series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Bumping this (omg Zombie-thread)

This is now selling for 30 euro in GAME. At that price it's a feckin steal! I'll be buying it myself and sharing playtime between DMC4 and ES until Lost Odyssey arrives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I was on me way back through Fort fermata and I wandered off like a tit exploring and now i cant find me way out. lmfao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Game are advertising new copies of Eternal Sonata but are actually selling preowned copies.

Got stung in Liffey Valley last Sunday, the disc I got was scratched to ribbons, went back straight away and they exchanged it for another preowned copy with a tiny mark on the back. Wasn't impressed in the least, only noticed two nights ago that the bottom of the case is bollixed as well. Fuming, no resale value at all now, should just go back and demand a refund but couldn't face scrambling for parking a third time.
    I actually asked when the chap behind the counter took a disc and booklet and put it into the case was it a new copy, he said it was :mad:

(Insert fawning praise over the game here)
    Loved the demo but I'm engrossed in Mass Effect at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Epitaph that is the biggest load of crap i have hear. they arent selling preowned copies as new :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Big row of them with "49.99 reduced to 29.99" sticker. If they're not saying they're new, they're certainly not making clear that they're pre-owned. I'm not stirring here, I'm just warning others to check their discs before leaving the store.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

This is 19.99 preowned in xtravision.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This is now only €27.99 delivered on Play.com. Ordered it myself just there.
    http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/3405308/-/Product.html?searchstring=eternal+sonata&searchsource=0&cur=258

Advertisement