Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 not reading discs

• 26-10-2007 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭

when i bought pro evo today, it wouldnt load and the 'unreadable disc' message came up. i brought the game back and got a new one but the same thing happened.

this has happened with a few games before but i put it down to scratches. it plays some games and dvds ok but it seems to be getting pickier as to when and what it wants to play. got it over a year ago so i dont think its still under warranty. help please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Your dvd drive is probably screwed like mine is starting to go. Mine is out of warranty and so it will cost me €90 to get it fixed :(
    Luckily its only happening some of the time for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

BFassassin wrote: »
    . Mine is out of warranty and so it will cost me €90 to get it fixed
    sparky360 wrote: »
    . got it over a year ago so i dont think its still under warranty. help please

Perhaps i'm missing something, but right now i'm inclined to point out that the 360s warranty was extended to 3 years from purchase date, although for years 2 and 3 it has to to go a repair center.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Thats what i thought too but that extended warranty is only for the three red lights. I was expecting to get it replaces under warranty untill the operator told me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

xanthor wrote: »
    Perhaps i'm missing something, but right now i'm inclined to point out that the 360s warranty was extended to 3 years from purchase date, although for years 2 and 3 it has to to go a repair center.

as far as i'm aware the extended warranty only covers the 3 red ring fault and nothing else , but i'm open to correction on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Clover wrote: »
    as far as i'm aware the extended warranty only covers the 3 red ring fault and nothing else , but i'm open to correction on that one.

...ah. My bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I had the exact same problem. Opened up my 360 and fixed it myself (just to note this is the first time I fixed anything). Did a procedure called a pot calibration (basically strengthens the power of the laser). Got the info on how to do it on xboxscene.com. Worth a shot if only to save you the 90 euros.

Advertisement