Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My short prose/poetry book, as well as my novel online

Options
  • 26-10-2007 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hello, I've finished my first draft of my poetry book that I would like to share with everyone, as well as my first novel which I would like to share also. Here I will show a couple of examples of my work, as well as links to the pdf files.
    Time and Consequence

Fate is dynamic, when choice and destiny come into play,
    please do not panic, when the future unravels itself by each day.

Change ahead by changing now and behind, change your life by choosing a road less traveled and an unopened door with heart but not mind.

Those of the future sacrifice themselves for those of the past. The present alters itself when you neglect what is foretold and use a wise heart to make a new path.

A choice that is forced to achieve victory in the long run leads to sin, but then in order to succeed in the past you must lose the future to gain wisdom and win.

Altering time is not for the faint of heart. What is yours is mine when I give without restraint from the start.

Give into the past what technology, wisdom, gifts, experiences, and character you hold dear. Only by letting go can you bring victory from the future into the past near.

To make the past better you have to be willing to lose your future and existence. Only by traveling the path of least fame and glory will you find happiness without resistance.

Glorious Battle

Why is the struggle so beautiful when remembered? Why does the battle song call to me, yearning me towards the divine fight?

I will tell you the secret for why some of us love to fight; only when we are so close to death are we full of life.

A battle won and remembered is better than a battle lived.
    Only with the least amount of loss and misery is a story to children ready to give.

All tales of war have merit save those with no wisdom but only tragedy. Only with learned skill and mistakes can one gain freedom and grasp victory.

Those who seek glory while they fight are doomed to fail, those who fight with calm will live to tell their tale.

Poetry

Art is Feeling, not objectivity.

Logic is fleeting, when passion leads to believing.

Freedom from the cage leads to glee on the page.

Constraints conform but with imagination, freedom from control has its day, and frees us from the norm, to have our passion unleashed in what may.

Objectivity has its rules but only to a certain extent. Only when you feel what is good, do you know when to break them in the event.

What is poetry, but what feels good and sounds good to the heart.

The mind is experience, where as the wise soul knows where to lay the pen and start.

and finally, for the women... :-)
    I Wait

I wait for you, through the loneliness of the night. I wait for you, my happiness, my shining light. You are my desire, the sweet fruit I long for every day. You set me on fire, my heart carries the torch of my burden as it may.

I shine in the night only as you kindle my glow. To be denied your love would bring me to the lowest of lows. I wait for you, till the day we can be together. Please, do not set my heart untethered.

And here is the link to my poetry book:

Might, Wisdom, and Beauty: A collection of short prose and poetry (Adobe Acrobat Reader required)

Here is also the link to my novel, The Nightmare Hero:

The Nightmare Hero: A novel by Amin Aun (Adobe Acrobat Reader required)

Advertisement