Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midterm

Options
  • 26-10-2007 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, how much study are you guys planning on doing for the week?

I think I will get all the homework done and do maybe 2 hours each day.. not enitely sure yet..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Looking at a lot considering i've a week of exams right after midterm (my school's equivalant to xmas exams). So more then likely at least five hours most days this week :/ I've a lot to catch up on. Eeeep.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

study? I know I should be I know I won't do anything so theres no point even trying....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

ZERO zilch (insert more cliches here) my books are all on a different continent and when i get back distractractions like guitar will prevent any progress

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Only homework I got was biology were I have to do all paper 2007, luckily they have the code on the bottom on each page so with e-xamit.ie I can have it done in a few minutes.

Might do something next weekend... maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 paddy007

Léan wrote: »
    So more then likely at least five hours most days this week :/ I've a lot to catch up on. Eeeep.

5 hours a day!!:eek:
    I hate studying but ye have to it or else yer ****ed for the exam.
    I'll just do my homework and try to do an hours study each day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'll do my homework.. but studying... probably not. I'll do some art. That's study.

Both studying and working at the same time, lucky for some.

I'll forget what I wrote in 5mins in biology, hate the subject with a passion

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

none. am trying to get the new metroid game for the wii.
    and i got a few tabs for my guitar.
    yup i will have a productive week. (my midterms finished on friday so u can't blame me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

I love midterm! you dont have to do stuff. I've a pile of homework though, so will be doing three or four hours a day. I just finished my history rsr essay! Got it down to 1500 words. I also have to catch up on piano and economics, my extra subject this week. Yikes, a lot to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I have to do my Home Ec journal, and my first draft of my Geography field study thing, and write three pages about my document for my French oral. I think I have an English essay too.
    I should really do them all, but it's midterm so I'm not bothered. I really do need to have my Home Ec journal done though, cos it gets sent away next week. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I've yet to start any h/w.
    Maths Assignment
    Business Assignment
    German Letter
    History Research Essay

I don't know why they give us the week off at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

lol.. ive wasted this week so much.. I just really couldnt be arsed.. I started homework today.. did it for about 20mins and got bored.. I have a couple of exam questions in chemistry,english essay,maths, loads of irish questions.. and some other stuff still to do..
    I just can't bring myself to do it, Glad Im not the only one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

ab_cork wrote: »
    I just can't bring myself to do it, Glad Im not the only one :)

ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

i did a maths exam i missed when i was sick..

thats it..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'll do my homework, most likely a very rushed Sunday night job as well
    and I'll stop there

although I have a maths test next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 paddy007

phasers wrote: »
    I'll do my homework, most likely a very rushed Sunday night job as well

Always the same with me aswell!!. i leave it all until sunday. i have plenty of french and english to get thru tommoro

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

While I got all my homework done early on in the week(except for that bloody History Special Study which I think I'll just leave for a few more weeks...!), I did very little study. I had such great ambitions at the start of the week that I'd get through a lot of material, als it didn't materalise and this week was a complete waste! Man, I need to get motivated and get some work done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Everything fell apart during the week. We (Family) decided we'd do some home decor and that finished on Wednesday, study room was in sh*t on Thursday so I tidied it. Started study on Friday but couldn't focus. Today I just did Maths and German. Tommorrow I've got a lot of stuff to do and as usual i'm going to realise that I've actually more stuff to do!

Had biology grinds in tutorial in limerick saturday morning, thats all the work ive done, I've got a whole paper of biology to do today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭ryanairzer

Didn't do any study and have a load of homework tomorrow which I probably won't do. Twas a good midterm though.

• Advertisement

Can't disagree with that, been better than some years!

I've been sick since last Sunday, and due to various reasons (see "I don't need to sleep, don't be crazy!") I haven't shaken it off yet. Thankfully I managed to do a load of homework earlier on in the week and only left an essay (which I just did, coming in at a terrifying 8 pages.. and I was trying to be concise) and some art to be done today...
    And chances are I'll be perfectly fine in school tomorrow. Stupid sickness. >.<

I've been sick since last Sunday, and due to various reasons (see "I don't need to sleep, don't be crazy!") I haven't shaken it off yet. Thankfully I managed to do a load of homework earlier on in the week and only left an essay (which I just did, coming in at a terrifying 8 pages.. and I was trying to be concise) and some art to be done today...
    And chances are I'll be perfectly fine in school tomorrow. Stupid sickness. >.<
    It's all realtive. 8 page is concise for a story about intergalatic warfare but not conise for a story about a picnic on Clare island.

Well it was a comparative essay on theme.. I didn't even talk about a lot of things. Not sure where all those pages came from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

Well it was a comparative essay on theme.. I didn't even talk about a lot of things. Not sure where all those pages came from.
    Large Handwriting? Blank spaces to accommodate coffee stains?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

In 6th year, it's not called a "holiday" or "week off", yes, you don't have to go to school, it's called a "reading week", you actually should be looking over what you did for the first half term and be doing a bit of revision from 5th year.

Yeah - I know it's tough, but it will be of great benefit to you when you sit the exams in June and even the mocks and if your school is giving you Christmas tests. I know it's over but realisticaly you should have done a bit.

I'm not saying rule your social life out altogether - just have a balance.

Advertisement