Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis Demo Released Ahead of Incrysis Countdown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

2gigs.

they are having a laugh right?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

1.77GB and no bigger than many current demo's, its a big map anyway

There is also multiplayer included, The Crysis MP Beta demo was larger than that wasnt it

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well the UT3 demo was < 800megs.

anyways i'm not really complaining, i don't play a lot of demos but i'm was a little taken aback by the size of it.

i'll leave this downloading overnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

slade_x wrote: »
    1.77GB and no bigger than many current demo's, its a big map anyway

There is also multiplayer included, The Crysis MP Beta demo was larger than that wasnt it
    Isn't there a map editor included as well?
    Tempted to download this, but 2GB is a bit much for a 40GB download cap that's already shared 3 ways...
    Think I'll just sit tight and wait for the full game. I didn't really enjoy the demo of Far Cry, but loved the full game thanks to the first few levels building you up to that level, instead of just dumping you on an island with no clue about how to play the game other than mindlessly blasting away...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Not gonna even bother downloading this, played in the beta since the start and the game isn't really all that.

It looks pretty good, but the actual gameplay is pretty crap.

Might be a bit better in single player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

i know ppl say theres no such thing as a stupid question, but heres one. do you need a key for this demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

the game is mena be a monstor people with GTX'S cant play it full maxed out at 12600x1200.

awhir wrote: »
    the game is mena be a monstor people with GTX'S cant play it full maxed out at 12600x1200.

ah crap.....im at 10%....ilhave to wait till the mornin to get annoyed anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

i know ppl say theres no such thing as a stupid question, but heres one. do you need a key for this demo?

No key required. And that's a valid question, cause EA downloader required a key as I know.

Anyways, tried it.... meh, ran like crap, vehicles handled like crap, not really impressed, takes a ton of lead to kill people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Downloaded it tonight. Took about an hour.

I have to play it with every setting set to low in order to get it anywhere approaching playable.
    I started it with everything on high[hopeful/](I can play HL2/EP1/EP2 on max, afterall).The opening cut-scene with the plane took about 10 minutes to run. The speech was miles ahead of the video. :)

No Crysis for me, then. :(

It still looks good, mind(I'd take a sceenshot if the game had a screenshot feature, but it doesn't ), but I have to turn the physics off. No point in getting it when I can't experience the No.1 selling point of the game.

Oh well. Here's hoping for a console port, or failing that a lottery win so I can get a new PC.

• Advertisement

ah crap!...seriously, after all this hype and everyone is disappointed?...is it jus ye had ur expectation set too high, or does it genuinely run like ****?

this sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

ah crap!...seriously, after all this hype and everyone is disappointed?...is it jus ye had ur expectation set too high, or does it genuinely run like ****?

this sucks

My expectations were always "meh" about this game and they haven't changed.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

awhir wrote: »

Yup, thats the native res of the new Samsung uber widescreen 196" monitor i see...

Its pretty tough on most graphics cards :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

my computer(in sig) can barely handle this thing at medium settings... could be the 2560X1600 res and vista64bit doing the damage though...

pretty but annoying i agree it takes ages to kill people!!!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Damn this game is enjoyable ! I was so annoyed when the stopped the demo where they did !! I'll be getting this for sure.

Had huge graphics problems when everything was set to Medium, turned everything up high and fixed it, runs smoothy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

dazftw wrote: »
    my computer(in sig) can barely handle this thing at medium settings... could be the 2560X1600 res and vista64bit doing the damage though...

yeah i purposely haven't upgraded my pretty solid 19" monitor yet. LCD's are great but run CRAP at anything but their native res. I want to see how Crysis handles on my sig rig at 1280x1024 before I invest in a new monitor that I won't be able to play it on. I've got a second 8800GTX on standby in my HTPC should I need SLI. I'll be doing a big chunk of overclocking this weekend with this demo to see how fast I can get it running.

Now, where was I... oh yeah, back to Clive Barkers Jericho :D a pretty good game if you are looking for a stop gap FPS until Crysis is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

dazftw wrote: »

l2p tbh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Downloading now

Sounds like they really gave people a kick in the balls. Many Many people payed so much upgrading their PC just to play this and depite them providing the recommended specs, pc's still seem to fall short and also the other way around. Granted its just the demo, not the full release

I bet Intel, Nvidia, AMD and MS are lining their pockets and laughing at this

Asbad wrote: »
    Downloading now

Sounds like they really gave people a kick in the balls. Many Many people payed so much upgrading their PC just to play this and depite them providing the recommended specs, pc's still seem to fall short and also the other way around. Granted its just the demo, not the full release

I bet Intel, Nvidia, AMD and MS are lining their pockets and laughing at this

reminds of this penny arcade strip: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/10/15

In fairness this is the exact same thing that happened with Farcry, when it was first released there really wasn't any machines out there that could run it at max res and settings. Crytek do this to give the game longevity. One of the main reasons I can't bring myself to play older games is that they become graphically dated very fast. Crytek try to counterbalance this by giving a game features that will only become available once the hardware is affordable or gets released. I wouldn't be surprised if the release version of this game has DX10.1 features that will later become enabled through a patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

L31mr0d wrote: »
    yeah i purposely haven't upgraded my pretty solid 19" monitor yet. LCD's are great but run CRAP at anything but their native res. I want to see how Crysis handles on my sig rig at 1280x1024 before I invest in a new monitor that I won't be able to play it on. I've got a second 8800GTX on standby in my HTPC should I need SLI. I'll be doing a big chunk of overclocking this weekend with this demo to see how fast I can get it running.

Ran the multiplayer beta @ 1280 X 1024 on mainly high settings grand, my rig is a lesser spec than yours (q6600, 4 gig ram, 8800GTS 320MB).

I'm sure you should be able to play the game on ultra settings with a GTX at that res just dandy. :-)

One thing I will say from playing the beta for a few hours: the game looks pants on medium.

You really need to have the game set to high to get any of the eye candy. Difference is like night and day between medium and high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

Lads this is going be legend game, i could run around that level all day,

Enemies are intelligent and its not as easy as i taught, being a regular FPS player

i jus spent the whole mornin playin it thru a few times and messin with settins to get the bast balance...i ended up with all settings set to high, except sound quality...(and sumthin else i cant remember)...res is a HUGE killer, i really have to set it to 1280*960, when at that tho, runs smooth as butter with high settings.

and how u use the sleeper dart attachment, i taut u could tag a few guys, then knock them all out remotely?...

UNREAL game!, i loved the demo (ur really forced to go for headshots tho)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=639

Seems quad core ftw in crysis.

"Cevat Yerli: We support both 64-bit and multi-cores. Multi-core will be beneficial in the experience, particularly in faster but also smoother framerates. 64-bit and higher memory will yield quicker loading times. We recommend quad core over higher clock."

uberpixie wrote: »
    http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=639

Seems quad core ftw in crysis.

"Cevat Yerli: We support both 64-bit and multi-cores. Multi-core will be beneficial in the experience, particularly in faster but also smoother framerates. 64-bit and higher memory will yield quicker loading times. We recommend quad core over higher clock."

all those people who stuck with higher clocked dual cores... PWND!!!

dualcores.justgotowned.com :D

haha, funny:D

jaysus the sandbox is CONFUUUUUUUSING:confused::confused::confused:

also, theres a gpu and a cpu benchmark with the demo aswell....theyre kinda half arsed tho

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It's quite boring. It looks the **** though, although a lot of popup and LOD mesh changes.

Do youselves a favour. Delete the videos from the video folder in the demo. It will save you ten minutes nearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Ive played FarCry already. Shiny new graphics arent going to add anything for me. Game version of michael bay films :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Doesn't run great at 1680x1050 even on Medium on my system... :(

And I got the beta Forceware 169.01 drivers that are recommended for it.
    They're on Guru3D.

WOW...i was messin around with the sandbox aditor...tryin out some of the weapons and vehicals (i fear i may have ruined it for myself slightly)...but WHOA, ye shall not be disappointed with sum o those weapons!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

All you people who spent more than 140 euro on a cpu PWND!!! :p

P.s The game is awesome, Owning shacks ftw

Advertisement