Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis Demo Released Ahead of Incrysis Countdown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

conzymaher wrote: »
    All you people who spent more than 140 euro on a cpu PWND!!! :p

that doesn't even make sense? Why is anyone who spent more money than you on a CPU pwnd??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Giblet wrote: »
    Do youselves a favour. Delete the videos from the video folder in the demo. It will save you ten minutes nearly.

holy christ yeah, this nearly put me off the game.

1. EA logo
    2. crytek logo
    3. nvidia logo
    4. intel logo
    5. PEGI rating
    6. American game rating
    7. crytek copyright notice.

i thought the game was really taking the piss at that stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, that was horrible.

i'm having no problems at all with everything on high spec, athlon 64 3ghz, 2gig ram, geforce 8800gts 640meg , 1280X1024 .. not a bother on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

will download this tonight and play tomorrow woot , at least the links are fast

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

played through it as a person who didn't enjoy far cry and found myself being completely drawn into the game. the graphics are absolutely stunning, but the gameplay itself was interesting. after 5 hours of play i don't know how fresh it'll feel, or if it'll just be a chore to switch between suit modes etc.

ran smooth as silk once i turned AA off, everything else on very high (except volumetric effects, which i turned down to high, just to balance the FPS off a bit without loosing any of that sex0r)...

running it on core2duo, 2gb ram, radeon hd2900xt, 1280x1024 on vista home premium

• Advertisement

:mad::(

anyone running this game in Vista x64 with DX10 with Nvidia drivers 169.01??? I can't seem to get it to work. I've rolled back to the last WHQL Nvidia drivers and I can load up the game in DX9 but not DX10.

Anyone else running Crysis in Vista x64 and have it working?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

L31mr0d wrote: »
    that doesn't even make sense? Why is anyone who spent more money than you on a CPU pwnd??? :confused:

Why is anyone without a Quad core CPU owned? when there is a minimal performance increase over Dual Core and they cost lots more....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Graphics are nice (but not that nice, maybe I need DX10), and game play is interesting, but the first level is pretty much FarCry .. they better have something a bit more than FarCry v1.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

p
    everything else on very high (except volumetric effects, which i turned down to high

you have the option to put everything at very high???...i only have the option to put everythin to high....i taut very high wasnt included on the demo yet?....wtf?...or does very high entail DX10 and therefore only work with vista?

personaly.i find that even at "only" high, its the most visualy stuning game ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

you have the option to put everything at very high???...i only have the option to put everythin to high....i taut very high wasnt included on the demo yet?....wtf?...or does very high entail DX10 and therefore only work with vista?

i guess very high == directx10 so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Im going give this another go now just reading the thread has made me have anotherr mess with it.

I have it running with vista 64bit(home premium) but as I said it struggles on medium all AA stuff is off!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

ya, eh dazftw, sumthin defo wrong there....look at my sig there below, thats runnin it at all high + 1680*1050 pretty smooth (20fps, but thyre sooooo smooth), if i set it down to 1028*900, it runs pretty perfectly. and u hve TWO gtx's....maybe vista?

although im kinda considering installing vista again jus for crysis?... anyone have any opinions there?

i want to see wat DX10 is like
    i have faith in upcoming drivers to improve performance
    as i said, runs 1680*1050 at high pretty smoothly... (so jus a few very high settings at lower resolution?)
    i heard crysis was 'optimised' for vista
    and if very high settings dont really work...i can still always jus go back n use high settings with vista at the same...ish rate?

think its worth any time to try it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ya, eh dazftw, sumthin defo wrong there....look at my sig there below, thats runnin it at all high + 1680*1050 pretty smooth (20fps, but thyre sooooo smooth), if i set it down to 1028*900, it runs pretty perfectly. and u hve TWO gtx's....maybe vista?

although im kinda considering installing vista again jus for crysis?... anyone have any opinions there?

i want to see wat DX10 is like
    i have faith in upcoming drivers to improve performance
    as i said, runs 1680*1050 at high pretty smoothly... (so jus a few very high settings at lower resolution?)
    i heard crysis was 'optimised' for vista

think its worth any time to try it out?

daz is running it at a res nealy double urs 2560X1600.thats the reason it aint running well:o

ahhhhhhh...i see, my bad

thats a big ass screen!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

The editor is incredible!

And helicopter rocks :)

what drivers are people using to run the demo?

conzymaher wrote: »
    The editor is incredible!

And helicopter rocks :)

try this.... architype entity -> pickups -> weapons/advanced -> tac gun

ITS UNREEEEEEEEEEEEAL :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

let me know wat ya think!

im usin xp, so cant help ya with which drivers. but define not workin...is it not installing?...or wat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Something very satisfieing about jumping on the roof of a building punching your way through the roof engageing cloak and sneaking up on some unsuspecting sucker before punching them a few feet

Ill more than likely buy it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Latest nvidia beta ones here.

Ok I am using Vista x64 Ultimate with a 8800GTX. DX9 works perfectly but with DX10 when I get to the menu is stalls.

:/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I bring the res down to 1028X900 and im getting around 60fps max with settings on medium..

but it looks so bad :rolleyes:

im wondering would this perform any better on 32bit XP

im using some beta drivers aswell!

EDIT:

oh DX9 plays alot better DX10 yea just has too many problems the game has stalled as few times on me also!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

dazftw wrote: »
    oh DX9 plays alot better DX10 yea just has too many problems the game has stalled as few times on me also!

Humbug!:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

downloading this at the moment,I have a tranfer rate of 315kb per second,now whether it will run on my laptop or not is a different story :-/ with only 19per cent to go,we'll find out soon enough I guess :-|:cool:

dazftw wrote: »
    I bring the res down to 1028X900 and im getting around 60fps max with settings on medium..

dya really need that many fps?? im runnin at avg 30 fps, and thats really smooth because the transition between frames is so well optimised...

gawd yes, i can't really stand playing games under 100fps tbh.

i know with the likes of crysis i have to sacrifice until i build a pc that can run it at 100fps but especially if it's an online game 100fps+ or i won't play it.

u realise of course that most monitors cant go over 60fps, ur eye can only capture around 80fps....

you realised that you're talking out your hole, and that indeed monitors can go over 60fps?

i know i can tell the difference between 80fps and above 100fps, i've been gaming long enough to notice it.

emphasis on the "most" monitors

u have ur eyes runnin independantly of eachother....cool :D 160fps ftw

okay, if u notice fair enough. but i think itl be a while before ya find a rig to do that....

im already so hooked to this game...turtle tossing n shack pwnin....lol

emphasis on the "most" monitors

u have ur eyes runnin independantly of eachother....cool :D 160fps ftw

okay, if u notice fair enough. but i think itl be a while before ya find a rig to do that....

im already so hooked to this game...turtle tossing n shack pwnin....lol

hence the reason i don't use TFT's to game. since i mainly play online games like cs/tfc/ff etc i don't need to see bells and whistles that my pc can't handle, but i do like to see what is coming down the line in say 4-5 years time where i could comfortably play the likes of crysis online at > 100fps.

it just strikes a nerve with me when people mention this 60fps/60hertz thing and normally gets me going off on a rant, 60 hertz really hurts my eyes and cannot use it.

so my desktop is at 1600x1200 at 100hz, and when i game online depending on the game it's 640x480 at 200hz or 800x600 at 200hz, then when i game single player it's more like 1024x768 at 120hz.

ohh and my eyes don't run independatly of each other, i wish they did because it would freak not just me, but others out. :D

I just noticed that a November 2007 DX update is now out...installing is is said to sort some issues with the DX10 version.

Link.

This Vista HotFix is also supposed to help. The DX10 issues are caused by the latest Nvidia Beta drivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I think this game is out a year too early.

I have to tone down all settings to get this game to run and as a result it looks like crap.

It means even the people with high end machines can't play this game in all its glory.

I have a decent system (Q6600. 8800 gts, 4gb ram) and I can't play this game on my native resolution of 1680*1050.

Advertisement