Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis Demo Released Ahead of Incrysis Countdown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

py2006 wrote: »
    I think this game is out a year too early.

I have to tone down all settings to get this game to run and as a result it looks like crap.

It means even the people with high end machines can't play this game in all its glory.

I have a decent system (Q6600. 8800 gts, 4gb ram) and I can't play this game on my native resolution of 1680*1050.

they release it like this to give the game more longevity. A year from now you'll come back and play through the game again because you will finally have hardware that can run it at 1080p+ at max everything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My god what a game!and im actually surprised its running ok and looks ok :) I have it running at the second last setting cant remember what it is,a few laggy situations alright,the AI IS so cool too :) I'll definitely be getting this anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Runs like crap for me
    E6750, 4GB ram and a 8800GTS 320MB...
    had it set to 1280x1024 and everything to high + AA off, but it's giving me horrible frame rates.
    Every other recent game that I've played has worked fine with everything cranked up full:(

The graphics weren't especially amazing after all the hype, so I'm not too happy about having to turn them down to make it playable...
    Think I'll wait and see how COD4 and UT3 run before splashing out on a new gfx card

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

COD4 demo is out...

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

tman wrote: »
    Runs like crap for me
    had it set to 1280x1024 and everything to high + AA off, but it's giving me horrible frame rates.
    Every other recent game that I've played has worked fine with everything cranked up full:(

The graphics weren't especially amazing after all the hype, so I'm not too happy about having to turn them down to make it playable...
    Think I'll wait and see how COD4 and UT3 run before splashing out on a new gfx card

Similar story here, AMD Quad FX, 4 gig of RAM, 8800GTX and it's very sluggish. The 64bit executable just flat out doesn't work either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

tman wrote: »
    Runs like crap for me

I have the same processor and graphics card and it ran ok with those settings in Xp

you sure you don't have any background services running?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I have dual boot XP / Vista, only played it in XP so far, get great frame rates, never stutters, comp in Sig, all settings on High, 8x AA at 1920 x 1200.

Gonna try vista next, I am guessing the v high settings means DX10 and is only available in vista as they are greyed out for me in XP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Cremo wrote: »
    60 hertz really hurts my eyes and cannot use it.

60hz on a tft will cause you no trouble on a TFT ;) 60hz CRT's used to make my eyes bleed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

6% down, just another 2 hours and 5 minutes left. This had better work on my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Spear wrote: »
    Similar story here, AMD Quad FX, 4 gig of RAM, 8800GTX and it's very sluggish. The 64bit executable just flat out doesn't work either.

Can anyone else confirm this??? I'm having the same problem.

Is everyone using the new Nvidia Beta drivers, 169.01???

I'm on my 3rd time downloading it now as the other 2 versions where corrupt. The first was from usenet, the second from gamershell.com, i'm now getting it from nzone.

Where did everyone else get the demo from?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

http://na.llnet.cdn.ea.com/u/demos/Crysis_SP_Demo.exe

that one worked fine for me....same as at the start of the thread...not the fastest tho, was gettim 120kb/sec...i tried sum others and saw like 2500kb/sec...but cant vouch whether they wotk. above link works tho

also, im gettin 1800 from the nvidia website, im dure that wont be corrupt

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_crysis_downloads.html

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anybody finish the demo yet?Just finished it there I think :s not sure though,after the last cut scene,I was back in the main menu again.roll on november 14th :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Can anyone else confirm this??? I'm having the same problem.

Is everyone using the new Nvidia Beta drivers, 169.01???

I'm on my 3rd time downloading it now as the other 2 versions where corrupt. The first was from usenet, the second from gamershell.com, i'm now getting it from nzone.

Where did everyone else get the demo from?

The 32bit version is in the bin32 folder, you can just run that direct, which is what I had to do. Even if the 64bit version (which it defaults to) runs, then it'll crash when you come into contact with water anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

http://na.llnet.cdn.ea.com/u/demos/Crysis_SP_Demo.exe

that one worked fine for me....same as at the start of the thread...not the fastest tho, was gettim 120kb/sec...i tried sum others and saw like 2500kb/sec...but cant vouch whether they wotk. above link works tho

I'm using this and getting about 230kbps. It's maxing out my connection.

I'm using this and getting about 230kbps. It's maxing out my connection.

damn...now im gettin 2800 on that one aswell....typical

damn...now im gettin 2800 on that one aswell....typical

Ooops. I meant to say I'm getting 230KBps.

ya, sure everyone knows wat ya mean 2800 thingy magigers every second :D

gotta love college internet speeds

ya, sure everyone knows wat ya mean 2800 thingy magigers every second :D

gotta love college internet speeds

College is closed today otherwise I'd be downloading it there. I regularly get over 6MBps off rapidshare in college and this is when the network is busy. :) It's spoiled me so it has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I played the demo a second time just now

Must say more impressed with it now that I was the first time. The first time I played it through as a pure shooter, and didn't think it was that different from FarCry

This time played it through as a stealth game. Mixing the different suit powers, such as cloak and strength to take out an area full of N.K bad guys was good fun, cloaking and then jumping up onto the roof then cloaking back down, head shot, back onto the roof etc.

The suit powers give the game a large amount of tactical promise. The issue will be whether or not CryTek have designed a game where you actually have to use them properly. Otherwise it could be a wasted opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Played it successfully on very high (before it crashed after around 10 mins of gameplay) after downloading but now it crashes every time I load a checkpoint on any setting. Downloaded the drivers from nvidias site but it still crashes.

The game does look quite impressive though.

Running Vista 32, 2.66 Core 2, 2GB RAM and 8800 gts 320 mb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Guys, after playing that demo. I gave up and played Timeshift, COD4 demos etc and they look/run like a dream by comparision. I have never been more dissapointed with a demo than I am with Crysis.

Guys, after playing that demo. I gave up and played Timeshift, COD4 demos etc and they look/run like a dream by comparision. I have never been more dissapointed with a demo than I am with Crysis.

dude...seriously?...ok, each to their own i guess. im well impressed tho. it looks and plays fantasticaly for me. it looks like nothin ive ever seen before...crysis is -WAY- more impresive in terms of grafix and gameplay than farcry in my opinion, lets hope the storyline is as good, cause i LOVE the farcry story

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

dude...seriously?...ok, each to their own i guess. im well impressed tho. it looks and plays fantasticaly for me. it looks like nothin ive ever seen before...crysis is -WAY- more impresive in terms of grafix and gameplay than farcry in my opinion, lets hope the storyline is as good, cause i LOVE the farcry story

Same, I loved the demo.

I am sure the game is great if you can get it to run smoothly!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I am sure the game is great if you can get it to run smoothly!

So true, what rig are you using?

So true, what rig are you using?
    Q6600, 8800 gts 320mb, 4gb Ram, Vista 64bit.

I thought it would run alot better.

Q6600, 8800 gts 320mb, 4gb Ram, Vista 64bit.

I thought it would run alot better.

Should be running fine...I know a lot of people getting 35-40 FPS with medium high settings on semi-good rigs.

Should be running fine...I know a lot of people getting 35-40 FPS with medium high settings on semi-good rigs.

Yea but medium settings really take away from the look of the game.

Yea but medium settings really take away from the look of the game.

I say you will be able to run it on High - just wait for optimized drivers.

• Advertisement

vista 64bit really seems to be doina sh!tty job with crysis... py2006, uv a better rig than me, and im runnin all high at 30fps. u dnt have AA on do ya?...maybe its on in nvidia control panel?... wat res u runnin at

this is weird how vista isnt doin a good job, even tho crysis was designed for vista

Advertisement