Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis Demo Released Ahead of Incrysis Countdown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

vista 64bit really seems to be doina sh!tty job with crysis... py2006, uv a better rig than me, and im runnin all high at 30fps. u dnt have AA on do ya?...maybe its on in nvidia control panel?... wat res u runnin at

this is weird how vista isnt doin a good job, even tho crysis was designed for vista

No I have disabled AA on both counts! Maybe its the beta drivers I am using.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Its like when UT came out years back, perhaps BF2 too, took at least 6-12 months before the average PC caught up to make the games playable ....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh but in this case minus bf2 the games are actually good games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Gee hee - a guide how to run Crysis with Very High features with XP.:)

Link.

Hmmm, now some of the trees appear white in the distance! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

running it on a q6700,4gig,8800gts 640meg,vista: on 1280*1024
    on very high, average fps was 15... but strangely it ran smoothly enough, completely playable. I think the info in r_displayInfo is wrong as other games on 15fps would be like a slideshow, if i had time I would use fraps to check but couldnt be arsed.
    on high, fps was between 25-30 which tbh, with this system is a complete joke as it is much greater then then official recommended requirements.
    I am blaming all this on it been a demo so hopefully the full version will have improved performance, and as a result ive canceled my pre-order and waiting for the reviews/forum comments now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    running it on a q6700,4gig,8800gts 640meg,vista: on 1280*1024
    on very high, average fps was 15...

doing any overclocking on that system? What nvidia drivers are you using? What version of Vista is it? Do you have aero enabled?

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a major delay in this game being released! There are so many people having problems with the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

L31mr0d wrote: »
    doing any overclocking on that system? What nvidia drivers are you using? What version of Vista is it? Do you have aero enabled?

nope
    163.69 (just checked and are the current stable drivers on nvidia)
    ultimate
    yes...:o ok you got me there, but still I would seriously doubt that will make the fps suddenly shoot up, will disable it and try again later.

on the plus note it didnt crash and the game itself is fun :) the AI is good and you do need a headshot to get a quick kill.
    And i dont see the point in playing this game on anything other then atleast 'high' as from medium or lower it looks like farcry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

Gee hee - a guide how to run Crysis with Very High features with XP.:)

Link.

OMG I FREEKIN LOVE YOU!...this is bloody unreal...everythin is so much more iimersive and real in very high... first words i uttered when i saw the light beams...."sexual".....my fps has now gone to 25, but totally smooth n playable

UNREAL....SIERRA OSCAR...U R A LEGEND!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I've had no performance problems when playing on all high !

Ha the game editor is class, tactical nuke launcher is great fun ! As is the tanks, helis and so on !

ya, the nuke gun scared the sh!t outta me...ta be honest, i really wasnt expectin a nuclear explosion ta go off in my face :D

the only real differance i notice from high to very high is the light beams, nothin else that i really notice asides from that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

py2006 wrote: »
    Q6600, 8800 gts 320mb, 4gb Ram, Vista 64bit.

I thought it would run alot better.

I have a Q6600, 8800GTS 320mb, 4GB of ram (3.25 under XP), Win XP 32 bit.

Game is running on mainly high effects.

Shadows and post processing set to medium. Nothing over clocked, using Nvidia 163.71 WHQL drivers.

Fraps is telling me 25-30 FPS, rising to around 40 if i am indoors.

Overall smooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Not sure what FPS im getting, but mainly smooth.

Playing 1680 x 1050 - all settings ultra high (file hack to 4) with XP4200 dual core machine, 2 gigs of ram, 8800 GTX 768Meg.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm getting it to run on medium with a T7200, 2GBs ram and a 7900gs. I think I might try and overclock the gs when this comes out. I'm pretty much always on mains so battery life shouldn't be a problem.

hmm ok managed to get it installed and running x64 at DX10. Getting some crappy FPS though, ended up having to drop it down to everything on high. Whats weird is that i've got another machine thats a E6600 @ 2.4Ghz, 8800GTX, 2GBs RAM and I installed the demo and ran it, and it ran almost identicle on that machine to my sig rig. Either the drivers are buggy or this game is horribly optimized.

Have to say though i'm not all too impressed with it. In some areas i'd just use guns, others i'd just use the suit, but its a novelty, like the plasmids in bioshock.

My favourite thing to do however is to grab a guy by the throat, turn on strength, then throw him right up into the air and shoot him before he hits the ground. loads of fun :D

Couple of questions about the demo.

1. Where are the grenades
    2. How are yous switching between the suit powers? Whatever method I use it doesn't seem fast enough. Is there anyway to actually map the suit powers to keys?

grenades are in selected buildings on desks...(the second set of buildings where theres loadsa baddies!) theyre usually beside a rifle and come in sets of three, if ya want a screen shot, gimme a shout.

im usin mouse 4 (the one by my thumb)....really fast!!

grenades are in selected buildings on desks...(the second set of buildings where theres loadsa baddies!) theyre usually beside a rifle and come in sets of three, if ya want a screen shot, gimme a shout.

im usin mouse 4 (the one by my thumb)....really fast!!

so you are just tapping the mouse button to change then? Guess I just need to get used to it

Also, thats probably the reason I haven't found any grenades, I usually just drive right through the building, destroying it.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Oh man this game is so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

If you shoot a tactical nuke up in the air and hit it with some bullets it explodes in mid air, perfect for taking down helicopters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

so you are just tapping the mouse button to change then? Guess I just need to get used to it

Also, thats probably the reason I haven't found any grenades, I usually just drive right through the building, destroying it.

Only other way of selecting suit modes...

By default: hold down the middle mouse button and then hit 1,2,3, or 4 to select the corresponding suit mode.

i.e. 1=armor, 2=speed, 3=strength , 4=cloak. The only quicker way I know to select powers in the game if you hate using the mouse.

• Advertisement

uberpixie wrote: »
    Only other way of selecting suit modes...

By default: hold down the middle mouse button and then hit 1,2,3, or 4 to select the corresponding suit mode.

i.e. 1=armor, 2=speed, 3=strength , 4=cloak. The only quicker way I know to select powers in the game if you hate using the mouse.

whats so irritating is that i'm a lefty so I use "8456" of the numpad (I know its weird, why can't they make lefty keyboards :() and I can't remap 1 to 4 over to the left, so I guess button tapping it is for me. Its also irritating when customizing my weapon because I can't just tap the number that corresponds, i have to click it with my mouse :(

going to go off and try out sandbox for a bit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Why does being a lefty stop you using wasd :confused:

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Why does being a lefty stop you using wasd :confused:

because I use the mouse with my left hand, so my right hand uses the right side of the keyboard. Most lefties just use the directional keys, but i've found useing "8456" of the numpad allows me to use the extra buttons on the numpad, plus my thumb can then use all the directional keys.

Its irritating though having to remap every key for every game I play :mad:

anyway... back to crysis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I'm a lefty too but I just use the keyboard & mouse like a righty would :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Creature wrote: »
    damn straight.

lefty's unite!

god, everyones a freekin lefty lately, i think right handed ppl are becoming the minority these days! yeah L31mr0d, make sure ya try the tac gun now!:D

Creature wrote: »

your not a true lefty then... read this article: Mixed-handedness

Just because you write with your left hand doesn't make you left handed. A true lefty will only be able to perform motor skills with their left hand. Believe me its not a benefit being only left handed, how many gaming mice out there do you see designed for lefties :(

Also back on topic:

Anyone running Vista x64, I wasn't able to get either the x32 or x64 version of the Crysis demo running under Nvidia drivers 169.01. I rolled back to beta drivers 163.71 and I can now run Crysis in 64bit mode with DX10. Although it is rather laggy. Lets hope Nvidia post some more drivers this week.

Also is anyone else finding the audio is out of sync with the movement of the characters mouths?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I got fairly decent performance on my machine which is getting on a bit. 1280x1024 medium\low detail. A little bit of popup. My machine has and AMD 64 FX-55 with 2GB ram and a NV 7800GTS.

Remember games like this are usually designed so that at release, the machine to run them at high detail isn't available at consumer level.
    It probably won't run at its highest detail on even a newly upgraded machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Also back on topic:

Anyone running Vista x64, I wasn't able to get either the x32 or x64 version of the Crysis demo running under Nvidia drivers 169.01. I rolled back to beta drivers 163.71 and I can now run Crysis in 64bit mode with DX10. Although it is rather laggy. Lets hope Nvidia post some more drivers this week.

Also is anyone else finding the audio is out of sync with the movement of the characters mouths?

L31mr0d,
    running Vista X64 here.
    ran into issues running DX10 mode with the Crysis beta drivers and could only run successfully in DX9 mode........when running DX10, I'd be lucky to get to the main menu..

However, DX10 mode works perfectly when ran in a window, although you may need to load up the DX9 mode, uncheck fullscreen, then go back into DX10 mode..
    Runs great at 1680x1050 on Very High with an 8800 Ultra, and looks really good..........DX9 mode ain't no slouch either in the looks department though (either high or very high)..
    You can alt-enter back to full screen while in game of course, but I've found the demo freezes after 10mins or so..
    Knock it back to a window and you can play all the way through with no issues..

Obviously NVidia still needs to perfect their drivers at this stage as I don't appear to be alone with said issues..

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

L31mr0d, the default method of changing suit mode, is to hold down middle mouse, and then swivel the mouse around the center axis of the thingy...

You'll get it :D it works really well can when you memorize the positions of teh suit modes you can change almost instantly

Advertisement