Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis Demo Released Ahead of Incrysis Countdown

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

well if ya have it dwnlded, i cant see the harm in installin them. im sure it tidies up a few thing other things in xp. jus doesnt give u a boost in fps

Yeah I know I just got my hopes up when I seen the 10fps increase. I thought I might be able to get crysis running on high.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Auvers wrote: »
    Nvidia has just updated its vista drivers again

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_169.04.html
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_169.04.html

its given me another 10fps in Crysis :)

With these drivers, DX10 with the 64bit executable will now run properly. The frame rate is still sluggish though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

so then it wasnt that crytek did a crappy job with optimising like a few ppl have argued, it was nvidia!...crysis = 1337

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Not much improvement with those drivers for me, so if I turn the settings up high but force DX9 mode it will be pretty?
    Still a bit sluggish on medium for me with AA off. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Saint Bob

Game looks pretty amazing but coming from someone who isnt just about teh shinyness I still found teh game pretty fun.

But trust me you wont if ya dont make proper use of teh suits cloak feature, makes it so much more fun, and you can run up and grab people by teh neck, increase your strengh and throw them off a cliff so yeah wtf more ya want?!

that and grenadiin little villages to teh grounds pretty fun.

Cool new features BESIDES graphics

Nice and easy customizable weapons

Kick ass super suit that can increase your agility, defense or strengh aswell as cloak you for short periods of time

Very destructable environments, sheds, trees, barriers

and eh basically thats it, other than that its a shiny Farcry and pretty generic FPS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I finally got to play this on Dx10 last night and it looks amazing. It really is just a prettier version of Far Cry, but I loved Far Cry and I love this.

And the editor is fantastic too. The TAC explosions are incredible looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Any point downloading the demo to play on this machine? :

AMD 64 X2 4400+
    GeForce 7900GT 256MB
    2GB Ram

Don't want to bother if I get a sub-average gaming experience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

ionapaul wrote: »
    Any point downloading the demo to play on this machine? :

AMD 64 X2 4400+
    GeForce 7900GT 256MB
    2GB Ram

Don't want to bother if I get a sub-average gaming experience!

Yeah you will be fine you might have to turn down a couple of options to medium but it will still look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

wont be using this, ridiculous that it requires a mega pc to play. A very standard fps imo, looks ok, nothing amazing.

Consoles are catching up imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

[QUOTE='[DM]Consoles are catching up imo[/QUOTE]

I think its the other way around that the PC has surpassed them once again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Auvers wrote: »
    I think its the other way around that the PC has surpassed them once again.

i think this generation the consoles were already behind PC's when they got released. when the 360 came out everyone was buying dualcores and gearing up for dx10 already!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Consoles can't catch up, their hardware is frozen in time from a particular point of development, PC hardware is always being renewed and updated.
    Doesn't mean consoles won't do the job but PCs will always be newer, or if they're not, wait a week! :p

(I actually want a Wii)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Tried this out yesterday on my new 8800GT. Really amazing - playable with everything set to Very High, although not super smooth. I'll post better impressions and maybe pics later :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

where did you get the 8800GT, was looking on komplett today but they are all expected in a couple of weeks time

MooseJam wrote: »
    where did you get the 8800GT, was looking on komplett today but they are all expected in a couple of weeks time

I got mine from Komplett a couple of days ago - they had a few in, they disappeared very quickly. I was lucky, just seemed like I was on the site at the right time.

I think they've brought forward their expected date for more by a week though.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Heres my results with an 8800gts and the 8800gt is a bit better so should give you a good indication of performance:

crysis-bench.jpg

The 8800gt is a great card, amazing value

1680*1050 Medium seems to be the sweet spot, it still looks great and runs a lot better than high

What did you use to benchmark conzy? I might do some on the 8800GT later.

I remember trying 1680x1050 at all High, and it seemed fine to me, but I didn't have any solid fps numbers.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I just used fraps, and benched 240 seconds from the first auto save point (beach landing)

Just set fraps to auto stop after 240 seconds and set it to give you a min max and average fps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

Great demo I had massive expectations for this game and if the demo is anything to go by Crytek have done themselves proud.

For those looking to squeeze some more out of the meager demo people have already started modding the level over at http://www.crymod.com go into the forums and people have uploaded remixes of the demo map some adding new weapons and vehicles previously unavailable in the demo itself. One guy has 2 helicopters patrolling the beaches so they're a lot of fun.

Advertisement