Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT report questions

Options
  • 26-10-2007 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭

My car passed the NCT but I still have a few questions to the report.

Basically, I'm wondering how good/bad my numbers are, ie. what's the best you can realistically expect? Feel free to post your own numbers.

Side-slip/alignment test
    Rear axle -8m/km - the limit is -18 to + 18 - how bad is this?

Suspension test
    Rear axle imbalance 20% - fail limit 30% - should I do something about this?

Brake test:
    Parking - brake: 14% imbalance - sounds like a fair amount, although the fail limit is 50% - is this common?

Brake effort: 70% (fail limit below 55%) - doesn't sound too impressive, or does it?

Parking: 23% (fail limit below 16%) - doesn't sound like a lot, or is this fairly standard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That sounds like nothing to be worried about TBH.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If you were to do the test again tomorrow, you could find a difference in those figures. As said, not much to worry about.

Advertisement