Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleting of posts

Options
  • 27-10-2007 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Oscarbravo,

I fully understand and empathize with your decision to remove such post's from the forums but I ask you humbly to consider this, the internet is the last haven for the working person to post a grievance and to try and motivate people to take action on same. If this is taken away from us then what does this imply, that the influence of government carries to the net also?

We put these links here to because we know the popularity of this site and the freedom it allows us. We do not wish to impose on this freedom but are in fact grateful it exists. They say "the freedom of the press" but this only applies to reporters and to what the editors do or do not want to print.
    If we do not have this outlet then where do we go? back to moaning and bickering over our drinks and achieving nothing?

I hope this does not warrant a ban for me, but if it does I respect your decision.

Regards,

Rob.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Jackie laughlin

What's this about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

He linked to a website he's making. Mod deleted it for pimping. See his other thread for details, minus the link to website and email.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Wolf69, if I allow you to advertise your political activism website here, I have to allow anyone to link any political activism website in the interest of balance.

My role here is to maintain a forum where people can express their opinions. It's a discussion forum, and I'll facilitate discussion to the best of my ability, but it's not a forum for advertising (even in the non-commercial sense of the word) any political agenda.

I'm not going to ban you for this thread, but this is my final word on the matter. Please read the "guidelines for posting" thread also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement