Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick Question

Options
  • 27-10-2007 11:32am
    Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Was in an accident last night, person broke a red light coming over a one way bridge and hit me. Now all is ok in fact damage is quite light.

Question I have is the person could have killed me, am I entitled to press charges. The guard at the scene cautioned the said person.

Really is a pain in the ass but sure that life.

Opinions greatly recieved

TCP/IP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

While this is not a legal forum & also even there it would be quite dangerous to give or receive legal information there is somethin that should be noted.

The Gardai decide if criminal charges should be taken it is not up to you. You cannot influence the decison either way.

You are entitled to take a civil case against the other driver to receive compensation for any damage or loss you may have suffered. You must prove
    that there was a duty of care (which there is on every motorist),
    that the duty of care was breached (broke red light),
    that there was damage (to car or to you)
    & finally that it was the other person that caused the damage.

Advertisement