Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange problem with Meteor

• 27-10-2007 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hi,

New to this forum so, Hello to all!

I ported from Vodafone to Meteor 6 months ago and have had no problems. Very happy with Meteor's service. My wife ported a couple of months later but there seems to be a strange problem. When I call her number from a landline there is constantly an engaged tone. But I can get through no problem from a mobile (any network).

She called Meteor and reported the problem. They were very helpful and called her mobile from what they said was their landline, and they got through. I then thought that maybe it was our landline that was causing this strange problem and thought no more.

Lately, a lot of my wife's friends have said that they cannot get through to her on their landlines but have no problem on their mobiles, so I am going to try and look into this again.

Can anyone help??

Cheers in advance.
    Jason

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

ring meteor again and ask them to log this as a problem with your wife's service and check her sim card in your phone for a week or two to rule out a handset issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭HiredGun

It sounds like something has gone wrong in the porting process. When your number is ported from one mobile operator to the other, the mobile operators update their systems and know that, in your wife's case, this 087 number is now on Meteor. The number portability system is owned and operated by the mobile operators.

Most fixed operators don't have access to this system. Therefore fixed calls are send to the mobile operator the number originally belonged to, and that operator will pass it on to the mobile operator the number has been ported to.

I think in the case of your wife fixed operators like eircom will send any call they get for your wife to Vodafone (087) and Vodafone, who has access to the number portability system, can see that it needs to be routed to Meteor.

I have a feeling that when your wife ported her number something went wrong and and calls from fixed lines aren't passed through to Meteor. Meteor should be able to look into it ans sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and say that your landline isn't an eircom one. If so, the routing just needs to be updated. Ask Meteor to log a ticket to get the routing updated with their tech guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

Firstly, thanks lads for your replies.

Chrislad, you are right, we have our landline with BT Ireland (although I thought they just piggyback off the eircom network).

I will ask my wife to call Meteor today and update the routing.

Cheers
    Jason

Advertisement