Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD burning

• 27-10-2007 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

hi everyone,

im just wondering what format of dvd will play on all dvd players?

i knw its probably a noob question but any help would be very very much appreciated.

also what software will burn it perfectly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BoxingCrab

I use ConvertXtoDVD, you have to pay for the licence but it's well worth it. Only $30 for 12 mths!!

I don't know of any freeware I'm afraid!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Are you talking about region coding?

If so then setting a DVD to region 0 will make it play on any DVD player.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

No software will ever burn perfectly- there are always the possibility of very minor imperfections on DVD surfaces, or volatile memory in writer caches may start to degrade over time- so even with the best of equipment, unless you are pressing disks, there is always the possibility that a disk will fail mid burn.

Re: region coding- if its an amateur production- coding need not be put on the disk at all.

I occasionally make small personal films (weddings etc), I use an external packet burning based machine which runs off 10 copies in about 8 minutes. Its overkill for my needs- but I got the equipment cheap at a Garda auction and it more than meets my needs.

S.

Advertisement