Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anybody done a course in driving instruction?

Options
  • 27-10-2007 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I wonder have any posters done a course in driving instruction. Was it worthwhile. I have heard of 1400 euro being charged for a 20 hour session and then apparently you are on your own. Buy your own dual control vehicle, get insurance and look for customers from scratch.

Irish School of Motoring operate a franchising scheme I believe. Which is best?
    Or just cut out the middleman and set yourself up. Anybody been there and done that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Macca206

To become a driving instructor now you need to prove you were working as one before June 2007 and are tax compliant to get the RSA temporary permit. In the past anyone could be an instructor but not now (theres new exams coming in). However owing to a lot of the things the RSA do im not too sure how strict they are in enforcing this. Regarding the ISM course.. its basically a foothole, I wouldnt use it to learn much about being an instructor

Advertisement