Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

help!

Options
  • 27-10-2007 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

I got my 1st provisional the other day. I don't fully understand the new rule about from 1st Dec a person on a 1st Provisional cannot apply for a test within 6 months of getting their 1st provisional. Does this mean I can still legally apply for a test now? I would be applying to Mullingar as the waiting times there don't seem to be too bad. But could I legally take this test after the 1st Dec because I had it booked before the 1st Dec? Sorry if i seem dumb :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Fuzzy23

LuckyStar wrote: »
    I got my 1st provisional the other day. I don't fully understand the new rule about from 1st Dec a person on a 1st Provisional cannot apply for a test within 6 months of getting their 1st provisional. Does this mean I can still legally apply for a test now? I would be applying to Mullingar as the waiting times there don't seem to be too bad. But could I legally take this test after the 1st Dec because I had it booked before the 1st Dec? Sorry if i seem dumb :(

I am in the same position. I applied a month ago just after i got my licence. I called rsa up and first they said it doesnt apply to me but then called me back and said if i dont get a test my 1st dec i cant do it without having 6 months.. its ridiculous as i have to do my test asap i dont really understand either i might call up again to double check it.. online it says people who already have appointments are ok.. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

so basically as long as i apply for my test before the 1st of Dec, if I pass it I can legally have a full licence even though I don't have my provisional 6 months? grand. although i haven't even had my first lesson but i want to get a car as soon as i can and dont want to fork out for insurance, only for it to be invalid because i'm driving unaccompanied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Fuzzy23

LuckyStar wrote: »
    so basically as long as i apply for my test before the 1st of Dec, if I pass it I can legally have a full licence even though I don't have my provisional 6 months? grand. although i haven't even had my first lesson but i want to get a car as soon as i can and dont want to fork out for insurance, only for it to be invalid because i'm driving unaccompanied.
    i would check it out cos they are telling me i cant get a full licence unless i sit and pass my test by dec 1st

Advertisement