Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound in pro evo 2008

Options
  • 27-10-2007 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is it by far the worst of all the pro's by a country mile!? There never has been such a need to put the tv on mute!

Commentating:
    Is just simply terrible, lawernson sounds like he couldnt give to sh1ts what the hell he's saying, and that other guy seems to come out with stupid phrases all the time
    they say you should treat the ball like a friend
    was said to me twice in the last game i played
    they've put in alot of effort in training lately, training twice a day which some player have been moaning about but it seems to be paying off
    or something like that has been said 3 times in 10 matches, and it should never be said... its terrible commentating!

Music:
    So crap.. need i say more!!

Crowd:
    Is it just me or do the crowd ever shut up? If your watching a real match theres time when the crowd arent making any noise, doesnt seem to happen at all in pro.

I pressume this isn't just the ps3 version?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

also the recording on the commentary is poor, almost carrying distortion in places

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Yeah the commentary and music is dire.

Also the crowd noise is way too loud. I had to turn it down as you couldn't hear the commentary at all. Not that it's worth listening to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

just turn the music and commentary off altogether and turn the sound effects down a bit and slap on a few tunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Gotta love that song;

"We're gonna play football..
    [posh english accent] soccer!
    Football
    [posh english accent] soccer!
    Football
    [posh english accent] soccer!"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'd have to disagree with that the commentary is rubbish. I think it is far better than the commentary in past versions of PES. Yes, phrases do repeat but that has always been the case. At least what is being said is more interesting than it used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

agreed, i think the commentary is a welcome change from brackley and co. the recording could be a bit better though.

lads, just coz its good for a pro evo game doesnt mean its still awful commentary

it really is woeful

its the kinda commentary that was passable 6 years ago maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

football commentary is always woeful in games, how many phrases do you think they can record?

As for every other sound, not a problem with me

360 user

football commentary is always woeful in games, how many phrases do you think they can record?

listen to some of the 08 range of EA games for amazingly well done commentary

they have presentation nailed, not commenting on gameplay, just presentation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 andymcp16

I like the commentary but as always it is slow to catch up to where u are in the game. wen i first heard the music and saw the graphics i thought the whole thing was very retro lookin and that they got drunk and went crazy with the bevel tool. The world tour is savin it for me though

• Advertisement
Advertisement