Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donabate Yesterday

• 27-10-2007 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what was going on in Donabate yesterday afternoon (26th Oct) around 4 pm. I was stuck in a major traffic jam about a half mile from the village for ages. In the end I gave up , dis a u turn and headed home.
    Was it road works or an accident or something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Accident on the sharp turn between the filling station and the narrow stretch that leads up to the bridge.

A car and a van were involved. The rescue services had to cut the roof of the car to get the person(s) out. Yep, speed kills.

I was there about 15H45 and although the rescue people were there already I don't think it could have happened long before. An hour later they were stiil on the scene and the road was still closed.

What I don't understand though is why the Garda didn't send someone out to the little laneway connecting Turvey Rd and Hearse Rd. to direct motorists away from the crash scene?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,000 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

T-Maxx wrote: »
    the sharp turn between the filling station and the narrow stretch that leads up to the bridge
    Prospect Hill ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

That would explain it. the roads were a little greasy allright. That bend is lethal. SLow down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,000 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

That would explain it. the roads were a little greasy allright. That bend is lethal. SLow down
    Yes, there are numerous collisions there. Vehicles coming from the village waiting to turn right into the filling station are often rear-ended by other vehicles accelerating as they come around that bend.

Advertisement